Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Is the C8 ME An Exotic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the C8 ME An Exotic?

Just looking at the two...is the ME THAT far from exotic. I think the Z06 version would have more bells and whistles and trim to set it apart...

What do you think?

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 side vs ferrari gt.jpg Views:	1 Size:	545.4 KB ID:	10299
    Last edited by John; 09-21-2018, 06:36 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title as requested by OP.

Thank you very much fvs! They look like different brands, yet sure look like “mid engine cousins” to me.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
      (supposed to say "an" in the title... can't seem to change it...sorry ; (

Just looking at the two...is the ME THAT far from exotic. I think the Z06 version would have more bells and whistles and trim to set it apart...

What do you think?

Click image for larger version Name:	c8 side vs ferrari gt.jpg Views:	1 Size:	545.4 KB ID:	10299
      Love it......finally the Vette is going to look exotic.....they all look great ( I have a DSOM C6). But the C8 is going to be awesome

Comment

It will definitely compete with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, and other high end cars when it comes to looks to looks, but I think that it will stand out from them since it is mass both produced and the base model will (probably) be under $100k. I also can't wait to see the Z06 and ZR1 assuming that GM is still going to use those labels on the ME layout.

Comment

I will feel exotic when I'm driving it!

Comment

Looks better than many exotics, will (likely) perform better than many exotics.... Exotic, absolutely!

Comment

It is still a Chevrolet on the inside no matter what it looks like on the outside. Sorry to say but that is the truth. Will it wear out the competition on the track maybe. Will it be competitive (not base car but the high end model) with anything on the planet--I would bet heavily on it!

Comment

FVS I hope we can persuade you to make these same comparisons when the real car shows up. Excellent layouts.
                2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Originally posted by Ateupjoe View Post
                  FVS I hope we can persuade you to make these same comparisons when the real car shows up. Excellent layouts.
                  I will but don’t think I’ll have too. I think when we see the ME in all it’s glory... especially to HiPo we won’t “remember” or see any others... we will have stars in our eyes!

Comment

Wow. If only the C8 looked like that Ferrari. It’s night and day to my eyes. That said, I believe the C8 will look better than the renders we have seen.

I have no doubt the C8 will more than hold its own on the race track. In fact, I think it will beat most exotics. Nothing new here, the C7 Z models already do that. However, the corvette will never be an exotic. When Bob and Mary next door can own one, exclusivity goes out the window and so does the exotic tag.

Isnt that integrated spoiler on the Ferrari nice? Hope we can get a rear end design like that sometime before I die. Like I said, night and day difference but will hold final judgement until I see the real deal.

Comment

Is the ME an exotic?

When they first come out, they will be considered exotics because the ME design has been only available to the rich. Chevrolet will bring scale and volume to offer the ME for the same price as a C7 GS and you will soon them everywhere.

Think about how many C7s you see in a week. How many ME exotics do you see in a week? In the near future when you see an ME on the road, most likely it will be a Corvette.

Remember when the 2010 Grand Sport came out and the hardest hit were Z06 owners who complained they just lost their exclusive body style? That's what the ME is going to do to all similar offerings from Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren and others when average joes walk up to them and ask if that's the new Corvette.

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

When my mind thinks of exotic sports cars it immediately thinks: beautiful, high performance, expensive, finicky, fragile, unreliable, maintenance nightmare, ridiculous carry costs. Kinda like that wild, smoking lady you dated in college that was quite a bit more than half-crazy, but was off the charts. You know, the one you still remember, but are soooo glad you didn't keep/marry.

The ME will be the smoking hot gal you keep, and actually enjoy and are glad to have around.

Last edited by John; 09-21-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnPoint View Post
                          When my mind thinks of exotic sports cars it immediately thinks: beautiful, high performance, expensive, finicky, fragile, unreliable, maintenance nightmare, ridiculous carry costs. Kinda like that wild, smoking lady you dated in college that was quite a bit more than half-crazy, but was off the charts. You know, the one you still remember, but are soooo glad you didn't keep/marry.

The ME will be the smoking hot gal you keep, and actually enjoy and are glad to have around.

Love the analogies lol
                          Last edited by John; 09-21-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I take Benadryl for my analogies...

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
                              I take Benadryl for my analogies...
                              I didn't even notice, did analogies autocorrect to allergies in my comment? Lol
                              Last edited by Bluevette; 09-21-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X