MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Ken Lingenfelter On Now

Steve Garrett talks with the Legendary Ken Lingenfelter…His Life, company,car collection, business “Lingenfelter Performance and Engineering,” and Ken’s passion for Corvette and how it all started! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...lection-ehf6n5 The guys also talk extensively about "The Lingenfelter Collection".  Ken's car collection totals over 250 cars-30% exotics, 30% muscle cars and the rest are Corvettes!  Ken guides us through the collection, which includes Corvettes owned by Zora Arkus-Duntov, a Bugatti Veyron, a Ferrari LaFerrari and a Lamborghini Reventón. You'll be amazed to learn about Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, The Lingenfelter Collection and the man himself on CORVETTE TODAY
See more
See less

2020 Corvette is the North American Car of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Corvette is the North American Car of the Year

Click image for larger version  Name:	NACTOY_wide.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	102659

CHEVROLET CORVETTE VOTED 2020 NORTH AMERICAN CAR OF THE YEAR

2020 Stingray impresses independent group of prestigious journalists

The all-new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has been selected as the 2020 North American Car of the Year by a 50-member jury of independent journalists. The Stingray was selected not only for its revolutionary mid-engine design, but for its level of refinement and impressive performance.

The Corvette was previously honored with this award in 1998 for the introduction of the fifth generation and again in 2014 for the introduction of the seventh generation. Corvette executive chief engineer Tadge Juechter received the award this morning at a public ceremony held at the TCF Center in Detroit.

“It’s humbling to be selected for this award by such an impressive jury of automotive journalists,” said Juechter. “Our team poured our hearts and souls into this vehicle, and to see such an overwhelmingly positive reception makes it all worthwhile. We are sure our customers will love the new Corvette as much as these jurors and we can’t wait to get them behind the wheel."

Click image for larger version

Name:	011320_19.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	102706

The North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year Awards honor excellence in innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value. Founded in 1994 by Christopher Jensen, who also formed the first committee, the NACTOY awards are judged by approximately 50 professional automotive journalists from the United States and Canada who work for independent magazines, television, radio, newspapers and industry websites. After evaluating the field of competitors, jurors vote individually by way of Deloitte to determine finalists and winners in each category.

“The 2020 Corvette represents a new era for the iconic brand,” said Lauren Fix, North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year president. “The excitement from consumers has been overwhelming. From a journalist's perspective, this is one of the best-built GM products that exemplifies what it means to be the North American Car of the Year.”

Corvette production will begin in February 2020 at General Motors’ Bowling Green Assembly in Kentucky, with customer deliveries taking place shortly thereafter.

Name:	011320_21.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	102707

VIDEO FROM THE AWARD CEREMONY:

Last edited by CorvetteBlogger; 01-13-2020, 11:08 AM.
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Given the changes made to the Corvette and results it should win every major car award this year, who knows, maybe even 4x4 of the year.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Excellent vehicle without question.

Looks good in rapid blue as well.. Vroom!

Comment

Congrats to all the intelligent folks who know a good thing when they see it, and are getting one.

Name:	Winning.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	102682
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Well alright!!!

Comment

And the well deserved accolades just keep on coming! Congratulations to Tadge and his team. They have much to be proud of. This is a prestigious award. I can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Comment

So exciting! So well deserved!

Congratualtions to Tadge and the entire Corvette team!!!
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Great news If only mine would get here soon

Comment

Kudos to CorvetteBlogger for covering this event at 5:00 AM for us all, getting us these pictures and video!
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The Corvette team has to be thrilled the car has won I think every major award in North America now. Our reward for being patient is we will get to take delivery in maybe 2 months or less. LUCKY US!

I can’t wait to get behind the wheel!
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

My 2014 C7 received this prestigious award in 2014 and now my 2020 C8 has also. So my two consecutive Corvette purchases have both received the North American Car of the Year Award !!

Comment

Official GM Press Release on C8 2020 Stingray being selected NACTOY’sCar of the Year.

Originally posted by media.chevrolet
                        CHEVROLET CORVETTE VOTED 2020 NORTH AMERICAN CAR OF THE YEAR

2020 Stingray impresses independent group of prestigious journalists

2020-01-13

DETROIT – The all-new Chevrolet Corvette Stingray has been selected as the 2020 North American Car of the Year by a 50-member jury of independent journalists. The Stingray was selected not only for its revolutionary mid-engine design, but for its level of refinement and impressive performance.

The Corvette was previously honored with this award in 1998 for the introduction of the fifth generation and again in 2014 for the introduction of the seventh generation. Corvette executive chief engineer Tadge Juechter received the award this morning at a public ceremony held at the TCF Center in Detroit.

“It’s humbling to be selected for this award by such an impressive jury of automotive journalists,” said Juechter. “Our team poured our hearts and souls into this vehicle, and to see such an overwhelmingly positive reception makes it all worthwhile. We are sure our customers will love the new Corvette as much as these jurors and we can’t wait to get them behind the wheel."

The North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year Awards honor excellence in innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value. Founded in 1994 by Christopher Jensen, who also formed the first committee, the NACTOY awards are judged by approximately 50 professional automotive journalists from the United States and Canada who work for independent magazines, television, radio, newspapers and industry websites. After evaluating the field of competitors, jurors vote individually by way of Deloitte to determine finalists and winners in each category.

“The 2020 Corvette represents a new era for the iconic brand,” said Lauren Fix, North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year president. “The excitement from consumers has been overwhelming. From a journalist's perspective, this is one of the best-built GM products that exemplifies what it means to be the North American Car of the Year.”

Corvette production will begin in February 2020 at General Motors’ Bowling Green Assembly in Kentucky, with customer deliveries taking place shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                          My 2014 C7 received this prestigious award in 2014 and now my 2020 C8 has also. So my two consecutive Corvette purchases have both received the North American Car of the Year Award !!
                          When it comes to picking winners, you abilities are outstanding.

Ever play the lottery?
                          My C8:
                          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

What an exciting time for GM and the Entire Corvette Team and all of Us who have secured our positions to acquire one of these fantastic pieces of Automotive History. The wait will be well worth it. And to be able to add the technological components which will make the car even more special. A HUGE THANKS to all who have had a part in whatever capacity.
                            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

When it comes to picking winners, you abilities are outstanding.

Ever play the lottery?
                              I think you made the same picks so back at ya. As with all successful magnates, the lottery is the foundation of my financial well-being.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X