MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Standard Golf Bag In C8 Trunk’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Golf Bag In C8 Trunk’s

This picture of a standard sized golf bag in a C8 trunk as found by Mike Furman @ Criswell while we was on the internet this afternoon. Here’s the original source with thanks to them:

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/ca...-info-gallery/

Mike’s a golfer so you know he is smiling. Thank you Mike.

Any other MECF golfers? I asked Mike about six months ago as to whether a lot of his C7 customers were golfers. He said that while he does not ask, about 30% of them volunteer that they are golfers during some part of their conversations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6762AD54-B9F4-4F0B-89CD-AFFF80771C71.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.3 KB ID:	102532
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I am very much interested in this as with my last fun car the golf bag was a tight fit and I had to remove the driver and 3 wood. . Also is this a normal cart bag or a pro cart bag. In fact I am doing a bucket list trip to Scotland in June and staying at the St. Andrews hotel while playing the old course and 4 other courses. Hopefully my C8 will be ready to pick up when I return. Enjoy the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
      I am very much interested in this as with my last fun car the golf bag was a tight fit and I had to remove the driver and 3 wood. . Also is this a normal cart bag or a pro cart bag. In fact I am doing a bucket list trip to Scotland in June and staying at the St. Andrews hotel while playing the old course and 4 other courses. Hopefully my C8 will be ready to pick up when I return. Enjoy the drive.
      Congratulations on your trip to St. Andrews. I did that trip in May, 2018 and picked a 2019 GS from Mike Furman about 4 weeks later. For a golfer, nothing like the experience of playing the Old Course. I’m looking forward to Mike delivering my C8 this spring. Enjoy your trip to Scotland and then your C8 when you return. I plan on putting my golf bag in the new car and playing some bucket list courses here in the U.S.
      2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
      2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket68 View Post

Congratulations on your trip to St. Andrews. I did that trip in May, 2018 and picked a 2019 GS from Mike Furman about 4 weeks later. For a golfer, nothing like the experience of playing the Old Course. I’m looking forward to Mike delivering my C8 this spring. Enjoy your trip to Scotland and then your C8 when you return. I plan on putting my golf bag in the new car and playing some bucket list courses here in the U.S.
        This past years Click image for larger version

Name:	7002.jpeg
Views:	396
Size:	625.4 KB
ID:	102553
        4th of July outing.

Comment

I am glad to see a standard golf bag fits.
          Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

don't golf, but at times have filled up the back of my C6 with stuff.

How many banker's boxes fit? I've used those to bring work home (groan...) or move small items.
            Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Golfer here! And the ability to put my clubs in the back was/is important to me. It's way more fun to drive up to a new club and pop the trunk on a corvette than it is to lift the gate on my SUV.
              Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

Originally posted by JPD1111 View Post
                Golfer here! And the ability to put my clubs in the back was/is important to me. It's way more fun to drive up to a new club and pop the trunk on a corvette than it is to lift the gate on my SUV.
                I play, and I've not had the opportunity to Pop the trunk vs lift the gate on my SUV, but I've been thinking a lot of this recently
                Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I can't wait for my C8, BUT I know it won't carry what my C7 does. I have had, 2 golf bags plus 2 overhead suitcases, plus a large duffel bag for my trip to Coure De'Lene Idaho to play the floating green. Valet could not believe how much was in the back. Secret was to take clubs out of bag and lay them across the back, then stack the two bags behind the seats, then everything else fit. Guess new creativity will be required for the C8.....

Comment

Dont golf yet its awesome that the c8 has the ability to meet consumers needs.

sexy corvette and a good size trunk and a front trunk too..

excellence in engineering design. And a place for the standard targa top to be stored

i love the targa top feature of the corvette...

golfing not so much yet we all win!

Comment

Just started to learn the game o golf. Be C8 TPW is 3/23 and hopefully after spending the winter in FL trying to improve my game I will be able to drive the C8 to the course with my clubs when I return. I will leave the mountain bike for the SUV.

Comment

Shot a 93 at a country club tournament when I was 14 and won a stroke play "company" tournament in the 80s. Birdied the first hole and eagled the par five second hole and never looked back. Haven't played in a few years so not sure what would happen now.

Its been pretty widely reported the C8 trunk can hold two golf bags. Guess if the bags are the size of the one shown in the photo, it will only hold one bag.

Comment

Looks like a smaller cart bag or a carry bag will fit fine. No joy on a full staff bag going in there. And if you use a long, broomstick-style putter, well, good luck with that. Of course, you always have the option of driving to the course with your bag in the passenger seat. My brother drove a red 1960 Corvette for years and, with not trunk at all, that's the way he did it.

Comment

With that staff bag back there with 2 dozen Titleist *****, 16 clubs (rule breaker!), and a six pack, the front to rear balance will be 37.7% & 62.3%! More oversteer at the limit? Thank goodness most of us are club members (with single digit handicaps) with a locker at the course! LOL
                            Last edited by purple pearl 98; 01-13-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

One of the things I was truly hoping for was room for clubs. I have my carry bag in my C7 vert all the time. Went I went to my college reunion (we always have a tournament), I was able to drop the divider and put in 2 rolling bags one either side of the top mechanism. Then place a suit bag over the mechanism / rolling bags still had room for loose items in and around that stuff. Clubs went in behind the bags in it's usual spot. No ... I couldn't put the top down when "on the road", but I rarely take long interstate drives with the top down. Once at my destination all the travel bags come out, the divider is back up and golf bag put in it's normal spot and it's ready for top down cruising.

The C8 vert is even better for me. Lots of space below the bag or above it in the back and extra room up front. Best of all, no need to worry about the top operation since there is no luggage space interference ... waay cool for me.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X