Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Question about tradition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bring cannoli, bagels and lobster tails (sfogliatelle pastry) to Mike Furman, and then he mentions his weight gain to me for the next 3 months.... it's a tradition

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
      I'm retired with a decent pension, but I'm not independently wealthy. I'll be going to hand over my life savings (over C$100,000.00) to a dealer, who makes millions annually, for a car I've only dreamed about for almost 60 years. I can barely afford that and I'm sure the salesman appreciates the fact that hs is getting his full commission from me. Sorry, it's a business. I appreciate their work which is why I pay for it. It is not a business that typically gets tips for their work.
      "Life savings?"

I hope you're not being literal.

On another note, I like the donuts idea for service - never thought of anything like that and I tend to wonder about the attitude of service guys working on my Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
        I bring cannoli, bagels and lobster tails (sfogliatelle pastry) to Mike Furman, and then he mentions his weight gain to me for the next 3 months.... it's a tradition
        sfogliatelle!! Molto bene!

Comment

A bagel is a Jewish food. Lobsters are not Kosher, and therefore a mismatch with a bagel.

Bagels and smoked salmon would be more authentic.

I think the gift to any sales staff depends on how much of a PITA you have been in the buying process.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post

"Life savings?"

I hope you're not being literal.
            Yes, life savings, but not all of it. I do have a decent pension as does my wife. As long as we don't have any health problems we won't have to sell the C8!
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

I will give the sales team a bit -- for doing the few hours of paperwork (that they are getting paid to do) and collecting thousands for it.
              Even with that being said, I really do appreciate them.

However, I will give more to the guys and girls who do the hard work for us to keep our cars on the road.
              Those people will solve any problem, no matter how big of a problem the car may have, and nobody else at the dealership can do that.
              And those people do it on flat rate -- not sure if many of you know how that works, how demeaning it can be and how physically and mentally hard they have to work to make their mortgage payments, etc.
              There is no-one at the dealership who will appreciate a tip more because they realize how hard it is to earn that dollar.
              They can't even claim the expense of the tens of thousands of dollars in tools (that they must buy) off of their income, at tax time.
              Also, remember that for every minute you are talking to a tech, he or she is not making a dime -- they are only paid per job.
              So, respect and realize the sacrifice they are making just to talk to you.

John, I love the idea of the doughnuts -- I do the same for many of the people, from many walks of life, who I interact with, who really appreciate the gesture.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant guys & gals, but I just wanted to remind you of the less flashy part of the dealership, where real people are that literally keep our wheels turning and keep us on the road.

And jackfrostpdx, not sure if you were kidding or not, but if you weren't kidding, then we do know the difference and appreciate it way more than you do -- more than you could ever imagine.

Guys & girls, we are so privileged, and that brings with it the responsibility to do things with class.

Thanks for starting this post Fetalos.
              The tradition is a great idea.
              TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
              Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Nothing. Between paying MSRP and getting wholesale on my trade I am getting hosed and doing so willingly and by choice, but I'm not planning to kick in any more cash. I always give a good review on the survey and think that's enough in this case.

Comment

I haven't thought of tipping, especially the sales person because I rarely rely upon the salesman for information or take up much of their time. I just helped him make money and keep his job.

In the old days, I would toss a $20 to a prep guy to ensure a dealer sticker did not land on the car, or remove the sticker if it was already on. I could see tipping the prep guy if you meet him before he starts and get him to be extra careful about not using a dirty rag on the new paint.
                  Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming summer/fall 2020.

Comment

The dealership folks working on C8’s are going to be as excited as we are. They will not be using dirty rags.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I would say my bottle of Pappy but I wouldn't even break that out when my twins were born so I have to go with some Buffalo Trace Kentucky Stright Bourbon Whiskey. It has made me a lot of friends over time, you can't go wrong.

Comment

I'm not taking presents, but I will let my salesman and the sales manager drive the car
                        Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

Originally posted by stryker1969 View Post
                          I would say my bottle of Pappy but I wouldn't even break that out when my twins were born so I have to go with some Buffalo Trace Kentucky Stright Bourbon Whiskey. It has made me a lot of friends over time, you can't go wrong.
                          Great choice

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X