Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Question about tradition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tradition...

I m a fan of whisky/scotch and traditionnaly, when I get the Corvette, I bring a bottle of very good whisky at the dealer to share with the team who take care of the car. For the delivery of the C8 (in one year...), I don t know yet, what I will bring to celebrate the moment.

My question: You guys, what is your ritual about your C8 delivery? If your plan is to open a good whisky, tell us which one will be your choice?

Slainte!

I probably won't liquor up the guys who work on my car. I do like the idea of distributing cash.
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Donuts.

Whenever I go to the dealer for service or purchase of a new car, I take 2 dozen Krispey Kreme donuts.
      2018 Grand Sport, Torch Red, black int, A8, Nav/PDR

Comment

Yeah lets get the guys drunk who are prepping the car! That would be be pretty funny. Of course we are not talking about getting them rip roaring drunk.

Just a taste of excellence. Thats pretty slick.

Im more of a buy the salesman and his wife dinner type in cash.

money on most car tight deals is quite low for salesman unless sold at msrp.

i think they prefer cash so thats what I do.

if I see the guy who prepped the car i throw them some cash too.

they light up when someone says thank you and it makes the entire experience more enjoyable.

i like to get in and out in 15 to 20 minutes tops.

i figure out the operation of everything usually on the fly.
        Last edited by JB; 01-11-2020, 08:30 AM.
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

There is a big difference between taste a good whisky and been drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by JDMilw View Post
            Donuts.

Whenever I go to the dealer for service or purchase of a new car, I take 2 dozen Krispey Kreme donuts.
            Final is the same... if you drink the bottle or you eat the dozen of donuts, you will be sick like hell.
            Last edited by Fetalos; 01-11-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
              I probably won't liquor up the guys who work on my car. I do like the idea of distributing cash.
              Whe are tasting after the work day... for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
                There is a big difference between taste a good whisky and been drunk...
                true

I'm sure the owner, the sales manager, salesman and who ever else is invited appreciates your fine gesture.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I wouldn't waste the good whiskey on the auto techs. Put the good stuff in your flask and bring them a bottle of JD. Nobody is going to know or appreciate the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
                    I wouldn't waste the good whiskey on the auto techs. Put the good stuff in your flask and bring them a bottle of JD. Nobody is going to know or appreciate the difference.
                    Ahahah maybe you re right

Comment

I'm retired with a decent pension, but I'm not independently wealthy. I'll be going to hand over my life savings (over C$100,000.00) to a dealer, who makes millions annually, for a car I've only dreamed about for almost 60 years. I can barely afford that and I'm sure the salesman appreciates the fact that hs is getting his full commission from me. Sorry, it's a business. I appreciate their work which is why I pay for it. It is not a business that typically gets tips for their work.
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

It's easy at MacMulkin.
                        They have their own restaurant on the premise, right next to the parts department.
                        Buy the salesman lunch.
                        Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                        Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks, NCM Photo Album Program

Comment

I have been brining a box or two of doughnuts to my service department about every couple of months (I just drop buy and visit). For the PDI as I always do, I will hand my great Tech a new $100 when no one else is around. He never wants to take it, but I insist and he does in the end. At my 500-1000 mile extra oil and filter change, always give him a $20 “to take your wife to breakfast” (more than enough in the small town where they are located).

They are really good people at Power Chev, Sublimity, OR. Technician Ken Yutzie is so good that folks drive literally hundreds of miles if their Corvettes ever need more than an oil and filter. One person I know of, drove 300 miles each way to have his C7 torque tube replaced. After moving, I will be driving 110 miles each way for even oil changes (making a specific, advance appointment for Ken to be the one to person to do the oil/filter). Ken is literally the only person who touches my Corvettes other than me and my wife.

Power Chev has a hard-n-fast policy that Corvettes are only moved, even 1’, by only Ken and Randy (the Service Manager). They do not like paying for damaged splitters and wheels/tires because an inexperience lot person was not capable and ever since that policy was implemented over 10 years ago, not one Corvette has been damaged in any way.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetalos View Post
                            I m a fan of whisky/scotch and traditionnaly, when I get the Corvette, I bring a bottle of very good whisky at the dealer to share with the team who take care of the car. For the delivery of the C8 (in one year...), I don t know yet, what I will bring to celebrate the moment.

My question: You guys, what is your ritual about your C8 delivery? If your plan is to open a good whisky, tell us which one will be your choice?

Slainte!

I would share Haig Pinch,(my dads fav.) or my fav.- Ballantines. I'm a firm believer of taking a box of deluxe variety donuts to the crew.
                            C8er

Comment

Im not sure it matters how you say thank you. There are so many nasty customers in this world...just personalizing a thank you however you like is what matters most.

i dont think I have ever paid msrp before so I imagine you guys are right....the full commission should be quite healthy.. last new car I bought last year or so I git 13 grand off in 15 minutes. Took delivery of the vehicle the next day....i took care of that guy ...

good insights guys.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X