Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

C8 Depreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more tiny piece of the puzzle. My 4 1/2 year old C7 Z06 sold for over 55% of what I paid for it.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My 2015 C7 purchased for $78K just sold to Carmax for $38K in November. I babied it, full PPF, only 13K miles on it. That was my first Vette.

With the C8 I've decided I'm going to worry a lot less about trying to keep it pristine or low mileage and I'm going to really enjoy it. Hell, I'm going to go an a 3,500+ mile road trip as soon as I pick it up at the museum. That will knock out the 500 mile torque limitations pretty quick.

Comment

Hello to all. Thought I would bring up a topic on my mind. I currently have a c8 z51 spot reserved but its not pulled for processing yet. I have noticed a couple of new 1lz z06 c7s advertised at a very good price. I am hoping for a good daily driver in the c8 but also have thought about the depreciation. I would have to think the last year of the c7 z06 with a manual transmission will hold its value better since it is already being discounted over 10000 dollars. This had me looking closely at the z06. I have never had an automatic in any of my current or past sports cars so the C8 is a big change. After reading reviews though all I read is the z06 has more power than you can ever use and doesn't hook up well from a standing start. Also superchargers create much heat to deal with and can use some fuel. Anyone else considered the choice? I want the fuel economy, soft ride, and new look but the z06 would lose less value in time? I still plan to get the c8 driver and drive it and to heck with the depreciation. Still a tough decision though. Who agrees and who can change my mind?

John, I would really appreciate your opinion on this one. I always find your tips and thoughts helpful.
        Last edited by OldYellow; 01-11-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Old Yellow, good/thoughtful post. As you asked, if you want a “soft ride” as you noted, RUN away from a C7 Z06. We had one and loved it, but to call it anything other than a very firm ride would not be accurate. True on billiard table, flat, perfect pavement, it approaches a moderate ride, but on bad pavement, having taken our C7 to 28 states, the ride is rough to worse (and we did not even have the Z06’s even harder, optional Z07 suspension package).

True with warm pavement with warmed up tires on a warm day, with gentle throttle pressure, a Z06 is a blast. But on a cool, rainy day, even a moderate amount of throttle creates the tires spinning, the rear walking to the right, your steering wheel needing to immediately and properly counteract. A blast unless your purpose was to accelerate easily and briskly. Again I loved my Z06 but the move to a mid engine car was done because both the C7 Z06 and the ZR1 had more power than was useful for most on many days. When however we took a trip in our Z06 to the Southwest, experienced 100+ degree days it hooked up nicely, but the pavement bashing on some of the interstates there was less than fun by the second hour of the day, let alone by mid afternoon.

As you know, if brisk acceleration is your thing, a no-optioned C8 is faster to 60 than a Z06 — and will get your much better MPG.

To take advantage of great deals on C7’s and still get the nice ride you are looking for, I would look for a Grand Sport. Or even a better option in my biased opinion, would be to wait until you can get a ride in a friend’s C8, maybe he/she will let you drive it, and then you will make the correct choice for you.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Cars are not investments.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by OldYellow View Post
              Hello to all. Thought I would bring up a topic on my mind. I currently have a c8 z51 spot reserved but its not pulled for processing yet. I have noticed a couple of new 1lz z06 c7s advertised at a very good price. I am hoping for a good daily driver in the c8 but also have thought about the depreciation. I would have to think the last year of the c7 z06 with a manual transmission will hold its value better since it is already being discounted over 10000 dollars. This had me looking closely at the z06. I have never had an automatic in any of my current or past sports cars so the C8 is a big change. After reading reviews though all I read is the z06 has more power than you can ever use and doesn't hook up well from a standing start. Also superchargers create much heat to deal with and can use some fuel. Anyone else considered the choice? I want the fuel economy, soft ride, and new look but the z06 would lose less value in time? I still plan to get the c8 driver and drive it and to heck with the depreciation. Still a tough decision though. Who agrees and who can change my mind?

John, I would really appreciate your opinion on this one. I always find your tips and thoughts helpful.

I definitely thought about it and laughed my butt off test driving the c7 z06....

its a fabulous supercar for under 70 grand brand new these days...

you should go test drive one at a local dealer...just call up ahead of ti e and make an appoint,ent.

great car...i happen to think it rode very nicely...and if you want even more velvety ride...when the runflats wear out ...put on non runflats...

i was really tempted and if you are concerned about depreciation...cant go wrong with a c7 z06...

everybodies tastes are different ..best to test drive one yourself.

hell the grand sports are going for as low as 54 grand these days...its like free..

all that said...i really want the rear mid engine sports corvette Ive been hearing about for the past 4 decades...

so Ill spend about the same fir a z51 fe4 1LT at 66890 ...instead of 68 grand or 70 for the discounted c7 z06 with 650 hp...

whatever the c8 depreciates it doesnt really matter to me....

what I would suggest is if you dont love the c8 once you get it...get out in the first year....with the limited supply for the first year...it could end up being the best lease deal like transaction you ever had...or do an in and out at a dealer bringing in the buyer for your c8 and buy something else..

you should be able to recapture most of your sales tax paid that way....

I told my wife...as I showed her the c7 z06 and she loved it...and said I could get this ine for less than the torch red c8 in the poster I put in the garage...

she loved both but told me get the new one...

i think so too..
              Last edited by JB; 01-11-2020, 04:11 PM.
              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Considering my age I'll let my beneficiary keep or sell it.

Comment

John, JB, jagtoes, and meyerweb - Thanks for the comments. I think I have to keep my spot for my C8 and enjoy 0 to 60 acceleration along with the mag ride z51 suspension and front end lift. Just wish the Z06 prices weren't so good! The mid engine still has me hooked. I finally got my New Roads Magazine today so the timing was perfect to get me back on track.

Comment

Cars are an investment in pleasure, period.

Comment

Funny topic about a car that most have jumped through hoops to have on order, but yet none of us have one in our garage yet. I have waited years and years to be able to purchase a mid-engine Corvette. I don't care if it books for 2 bucks in 5 years, the smiles, memories, and fun I will have gotten from this car will be priceless.
                      Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
                        Funny topic about a car that most have jumped through hoops to have on order, but yet none of us have one in our garage yet. I have waited years and years to be able to purchase a mid-engine Corvette. I don't care if it books for 2 bucks in 5 years, the smiles, memories, and fun I will have gotten from this car will be priceless.
                        You just stated how many feel and are thinking. Life can be short so go for the gusto!

Comment

Originally posted by Mid engined Murph View Post
                          I was just reading another topic where the OP suggests $50K depreciation in 3 years on the C8. I know that this is a mass produced car, but with the anticipation I'm not seeing that kind of loss until we get 5 plus years in.

John or anyone with factual knowledge on C7 depreciation on the first three model years; any solid info would be great. I prefer to not turn 80K into 30K that fast...

Cheers, David
                          I actually said that-however please keep in mind that everyones situation will be different as to the purchase price of the C8. There will be much less of a depreciation at 60K compared to 100K. I opted for the 100K purchase price and obviously will take a 50K hit over three years if I am able to get 50K with a car I am planning on driving 15-18K miles per year. Obviously likewise if I only take it out occasionally I would be able to recoup more. That was my reason for the 50K hit in 3 years. I plan on putting 45-50 thousand miles on the C8 in 3 years. I am hoping that I could get 1/2 of my purchase price of 100K. Possibly not? Time will tell,but have prepared myself for the worst as I am also planning on purchasing the next model of the C8 for an occasional garage queen.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            One more tiny piece of the puzzle. My 4 1/2 year old C7 Z06 sold for over 55% of what I paid for it.
                            May we ask the difference of what the purchase price/and what you had total into it? Options do have a serious outcome on the selling price. Not sure your guage of 55% would look as good if you added up all of the goodies after the purchase.
                            Rocket City Florida

Comment

I have wanted a sports car for 40 years. 2020 is the year I can finally afford one. And just by luck, this Supercar is in its debut year! On March 2nd, they are building it exactly the way I want it. This car will not even depreciate one dollar because I will never sell it. You only find out how much a car depreciates when you sell it. Who knows, maybe it will appreciate. That, I will never find out either -- not selling it.
                              TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                              Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

I think the manual transmission 2019 vettes will hold their value better than the A8 cars. Buyers scooping up manual Z06 cars with the big discounts will loose money to depreciation, but there will be people interested in owning a top of the line manual vette for years to come.
                                Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming summer/fall 2020.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X