MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

SPIED: New Z06 (?) Mule With Fat Wide Rear Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPIED: New Z06 (?) Mule With Fat Wide Rear Fenders

Thanks Car and Driver for this spyshot and more! Credit also to KGP Photography! Thanks to jagamajajaran for bringing this to our attention! Yeah Jag!

Six more KGP pictures of this mule are found in post # 5.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7332F9B3-21CA-4838-94D5-39BC7AF47A01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	130.9 KB ID:	101816

Originally posted by CarandDriver
    Chevy C8 Corvette Z06 (?) Spied Winter Testing with Fat Rear Fenders

GM is trying extremely hard to cover the body of this C8 test car, so we know for sure that it's a high-performance version.
    • We've spied this prototype of an upcoming higher-performance C8 Corvette testing in the snow.
    • It could be the Z06, the Grand Sport model, or the ZR1 because we notice wider fender flares.
    • We expect that the Z06 will be powered by a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank V-8 that produces around 600 horsepower.

We expect that the C8 Corvette Z06 will be powered by a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank V-8 engine that will rev to 8600 rpm and develop upward of 600 or more horsepower. That's the gist of it. But now, we're getting a bit more information about the upcoming C8 Z06 (or one of the Vette's other high-performance variants) because we've spied it testing in the snow with some seriously thick rear fenders.

KGP Photography, Chris Doane Automotive

GM is trying mighty hard to cover up this C8 test car, and we expect that it's because of some major changes to the body. This could be either the Z06, the Grand Sport, or the ZR1; it's less likely that it's the hybrid model, because it's too early. However, given the wider fenders over the standard Z51, we know this isn't an ordinary C8 Vette. Keep in mind that Chevy typically releases the Z06 prior to the Grand Sport, which uses the Z06's styling.

These wider fenders help accommodate larger tires, and they are reminiscent of our long-term C7 Corvette Grand Sport that wore 335s in the back. The C8 Stingray Z51 we tested wore 305-size rubber out back. Wondering about that covered-up hood vent? It's a mid-engine car, so we can expect that it's hiding the air outlet for the center radiator that higher-performance versions require.

As for the engine, we know the 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank V-8 will produce a satisfying shriek (we know that from having heard the C8.R race car fire up) and will be used in three C8 variants. The Z06's version of this engine will be naturally aspirated, producing around 600 horsepower; the ZR1's version will be twin turbocharged, producing around 800 horsepower; and a hybrid model, likely to be called eRay or Zora, will use the twin-turbo version in conjunction with a front-mounted electric motor, a combination that could approach 1000 horsepower.

It's just the beginning for the C8 Corvette, and we're more than excited to see what GM has in store for these higher-performance variants. We'll have all the information for you when we know it.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...testing-spied/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Good things are coming!!!

Comment

Look at the meat on those rear tires! I wonder if they are all season tires?

Comment

"We expect that the C8 Corvette Z06 will be powered by a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank V-8 engine that will rev to 8600 rpm and develop upward of 600 or more horsepower." Music to my ears.

Comment

Here are the remainder of the KGP Z06 pictures. One of the first things noticeable In our seeing the 2020 StingRay’s wheels from early mules, is that GM’s Masters of Disguise have upped their game and are now disguising this new model with even “wheel camo.” Thanks to Jag for pointing this out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8F02F315-04F8-4638-A4E7-31A9C5B4D8D1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	155.4 KB ID:	101826Click image for larger version  Name:	A9DD8EBC-29D7-47A5-8FA8-3616AB54BFCC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	176.1 KB ID:	101827Click image for larger version  Name:	F961538F-FCAF-4944-B6F5-1B9CCC47E674.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	101828Click image for larger version  Name:	E5F7528B-F7FF-465F-AD8E-6DB53B5AF951.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	101829Click image for larger version  Name:	EAF80138-D54E-455B-8379-75D9033C9E2F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	182.5 KB ID:	101830Click image for larger version  Name:	EC437098-158D-4C50-863C-A8559F7AAF1A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	193.0 KB ID:	101831
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thanks for posting all of the info and photos John well done.. I came across a tid bit of information about a 2021 Corvette option RPO RR1. Now this is not first hand information from me so take it with a grain of salt. Option RR1 is the Reto Race package.. Consisting of, NO2 extra capacity fuel tank, C48 radio/heater/air conditioning delete, N11 special exhaust, AA7 light weight package (the notes said removal of all sound deadener, special light weight carpet, manual adjusting drivers seat, Carbon fiber removable top without headliner) which tells me its coupe only. Last but not least A85 shoulder harness package, 3 inch black only.
            Thats all I know about it, pipe dream or reality only time can tell.
            Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Oh man that looks like a beast!

I won't be ordering one, but some years from now, maybe...

Comment

One think I find interesting is that the diffuser appears to be very similar to the C8 StingRay’s or even the same.

Comment

And off I go to MacMulkin tomorrow to put my deposit down. I was waiting for this day. The day a suspected mule popped up.

Comment

FROnt and rear fenders seem a little wider yet its hard to tell..

i especially chuckled as I see it driving in pretty heavy snow.

could this be the electric ev version with awd? Or just a snow tire testing c8 z06?

looks cool...for those with wide bodies on the brain....this will be pretty awesome...

snow pack is the option code.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

600HP. 8600RPM. + Weight reduction. Awesome. I want 1.

A Z06 night club stripper? The more money paid, the more it strips. A playmate for the GT3.

Base Price. Still In the Z06 tradition. Want it.

Max Price with every accessories and max-deletes. I Not want it!
                      Last edited by SheepDog; 01-10-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        One think I find interesting is that the diffuser appears to be very similar or even the same.
                        Very good point. I'm particularly interested in the spoiler area and how it appears there is some sort of airfoil from the rear shots but nothing is visible from the front...

Comment

This may be a camoZ06 disguised under the regular C8 Stingray, with bigger rear fenders. The Z06 may be different.

Comment

Thanks John. The C8 isnt even in the garage yet and now more teasers.
                            TPW Feb 24, 2020! GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

Being IMSA requires in GTLM class the engine has to be in production of at least 500 units this could be just a special edition
                              track version C8 as they do with the Camaro ?

In any case at this time as a rumor of a 2021 Z06 next year that those who ordered or were to buy a C8 this year cancel their orders to wait for a Z06
                              Corvettes owned, wrenched on and raced since 1975:
                              1974,75,77,84,87,89,91,93,94 ZR-1 & 1999 Mallett 435

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X