MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Installing a Front License Plate to the C8 Corvette

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by L79 View Post
    This is great news for those of us...like me...living in a state that requires a front plate. I was thinking it would be perched out on the nose like on my C7 and was debating taking the risk of just leaving it off my C8. But since it sits recessed back and isn't nearly as obtrusive, I'll be going ahead and mounting it. Thanks for the info!
    The C7 has the same removable panel in the grill so it doesn't need to be mounted on the nose.

    Comment


    • #32
      Just what we need.........Something else to worry about........
      2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

      Comment


      • #33
        I wonder if anyone will attach the plate right to the cover.
        C8er

        Comment


        • #34
          My C8 will be my 4th corvette. Although the law required a front place in each state I've lived, I've never put a front plate on. Over a period of 18 years I've been ticketed 4 times. Each theme the ticket was like $80 and never any points. That's about $12 per year. Just saying.
          Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

          Comment


          • #35
            .
            Thanks to the Canadian C8 Build & Price site, which finally went up, we can now see what the VK3 front plate bracket looks like. As described previously by GM reps, it pushes the plate forward and up so it's in front of the nose.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	CorvetteC8-FrontPlateBracket-VK3-01-Medium.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	104776
            That would a big "No thanks!" for me. I'll be mounting it inside the recess as shown on the first page.

            Comment


            • #36
              Well, that's not as bad as the C7's hgh mount. But it won't be going on my car.
              Last edited by meyerweb; 01-20-2020, 08:10 PM.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

              Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

              Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

              Never grow up - It's a trap.

              Comment


              • #37
                I am also in a state that requires a front plate. I assume that the first state inspection sticker will be put on the car by the selling dealer. However, some state inspection stations may refuse to put an inspection sticker on a vehicle without a front plate, or with a plate that is not at the correct height. Only time will tell.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Old Leadfoot View Post
                  I am also in a state that requires a front plate. I assume that the first state inspection sticker will be put on the car by the selling dealer. However, some state inspection stations may refuse to put an inspection sticker on a vehicle without a front plate, or with a plate that is not at the correct height. Only time will tell.
                  Haven't had any issues with inspections in VA, either with a MUCH too low mounted plate or no front plate. YMMV
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                  Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

                  Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                  Never grow up - It's a trap.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Klinn View Post
                    .
                    Thanks to the Canadian C8 Build & Price site, which finally went up, we can now see what the VK3 front plate bracket looks like. As described previously by GM reps, it pushes the plate forward and up so it's in front of the nose.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	CorvetteC8-FrontPlateBracket-VK3-01-Medium.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	104776
                    That would a big "No thanks!" for me. I'll be mounting it inside the recess as shown on the first page.

                    That is terrible. To be clear, that is the $15 option? And if I pay noting extra I can simply mount the way it shows in the thread?

                    I live in a front plate state but have to imagine the first one will be fine? Anyone have any idea of the height of the plate mounted that way? Curious if simply activating the front lift if stopped would solve the problem.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I would assume you would've really upset the officer who decides to write a ticket for front license plate height.

                      I bet just having a plate mounted up front in the "stealthier" position would be good enough for 95% of LEOs to leave you alone.
                      2020 Zeus Bronze (GUI), Natural Interior (HTN) 2LT Z51 Coupe

                      Additional Options: AH2, R8C, E60, 5DG, ZYC, FE4, VQK, TU7

                      Click here for a handy list of 2020 Corvette RPO Codes

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TXLZ View Post


                        That is terrible. To be clear, that is the $15 option? And if I pay noting extra I can simply mount the way it shows in the thread?

                        I live in a front plate state but have to imagine the first one will be fine? Anyone have any idea of the height of the plate mounted that way? Curious if simply activating the front lift if stopped would solve the problem.
                        On cars shipped to front plate states, the high mount is mandatory and shipped automatically. But I think you're not charged for it in those states. Just make sure your dealer knows you don't want it installed. When I got my C7, the high mount was just sitting in the trunk. I think I threw it away before I left the dealership.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                        Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

                        Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                        Never grow up - It's a trap.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Jersey requires the front tag but I haven't installed it on my C7 or ZL1Camaro. I haven't been hassled by the Law Enforcement community but I understand it's $15 and no points ticket.

                          Comment

                          MECF_728x90_bottom

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X