Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Advanced High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminum Casting's on the ME Zora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    This is very interesting. Thank you for sharing this info. What is there not to like, with the primary results being increased structural rigidity and reduced weight.

Nice that we also have a third consequence, the reduction in the number of parts in the final suspension component (from multiples to only one). I am from the school of thought that the more separate pieces are connected to each other, the greater the chances of the final structure not meeting the desired final spec, due to any one of the parts being improperly welded, glued, bolted or otherwise put together.
    Last edited by John; 07-08-2018, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Advanced High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminum Casting's on the ME Zora

Advanced high-pressure die-cast aluminum casting's can be seen in Zerv's leaked CAD views looking like a ribbed honeycomb aluminum casting, which are located at all four wheel well locations and throughout the Mid Engine Zora structure. Normally this structural component would take multiple pieces to assemble, but with the new casting technology, it’s one single piece. These futuristic components lead to increased structural rigidity at critical stress points for the car. It also allows for unnecessary weight to stay off the car, embracing the weight reducing goal of the engineering team further. Thoughts from the forum?

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X