Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/12: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

C8 XPEL Installs Now Available On NCM Grounds When Doing Museum Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 XPEL Installs Now Available On NCM Grounds When Doing Museum Delivery

Your Museum Delivery C8 Now Has XPEL Being Offered At NCM’s Motorsports Park!

A forum member who deserves the credit for publicly surfacing this very positive Museum Delivery enhancement is First Vette, for this public sharing of this major, official news. Separately, a little birdie told me about this fantastic development being in the works several months ago but at that time this was not a “done deal” nor officially approved for public sharing. This is our first official confirmation, and from the highest source, from NCM’s Delivery Department Manager Shane Webb, e.g., this becoming reality for all doing the R8C Museum Delivery option for their C8’s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FAEA294-5751-49A7-956B-6C45E4611C07.jpeg
Views:	3024
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	101032
    Example of XPEL Ultimate being done on a MECF forum member’s ZR1. Picture/installed credit to TCT Wraps. I saw this car when it was finished, inspected it with super critical eyes, but found it to be XPEL install perfection. [TCT Wraps is in Hillsboro, OR; will be installing it on my C8).]

Thank you very much First Vette for sharing this first official news!

Originally posted by ShaneWebb

“XXXX (real name held confidential),

There is a company based out of Nashville that will be opening up a shop at the NCM Motorsports Park. You could have the clear film installed following delivery prior to your trip home. Rudy Duarte is the contact for Auto Armor. He can be reached at 615-553-4015or www.nomorenix.com

Shane Webb, Delivery Department Manager, National Corvette Museum: 270-777-4505 Direct

The lack of a first class new Corvette protective paint film (PPF) program has been heretofore a major deterrent for many choosing the NCM delivery option (R8C). What a super positive development this is for all who are getting their C8 via the Museum Delivery Program!

From the AutoArmor web site, they are installers of XPEL Ultimate.

Name:	59105F07-A272-40E1-B570-9F10F39E2BFC.jpeg
Views:	1188
Size:	914.6 KB
ID:	101033

This is the news that will now open the floodgates for NCM’s Museum Delivery program to expand greatly, for so many new C8 owners to take delivery there and with confidence, driving their cars home on a great, lifetime-memory road trip!

What a super positive development for all who are getting their C8 via that Museum Delivery Program.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

For anyone not familiar with the NCM layout, the Motorsports Park is on the other side of I-65 from the museum and is a quick 2 minute (or less) drive.

If you Google the NCM address of 350 Corvette Drive, you can view it on the map.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

A forum member who deserves the credit for publicly surfacing this very positive Museum Delivery enhancement is First Vette, for this public sharing of this major, official news. Separately, a little birdie told me about this fantastic development being in the works several months ago but at that time this was not a “done deal” nor officially approved for public sharing. This is our first official confirmation, and from the highest source, from NCM’s Delivery Department Manager Shane Webb, e.g., this becoming reality for all doing the R8C Museum Delivery option for their C8’s.

Example of XPEL Ultimate being done on a MECF forum member’s ZR1. Picture/installed credit to TCT Wraps. I saw this car when it was finished, inspected it with super critical eyes, but found it to be XPEL install perfection. [TCT Wraps is in Hillsboro, OR; will be installing it on my C8).]

Awesome News. This may change a lot of preparation and expense I have made to get my car protected before bringing it all the way home. I'll be on the phone checking this out ASAP. Thanks John

Comment

This is such a fantastic opportunity for those people who are taking ownership of their beautiful C8 through the R8C Museum Delivery. As brad66 mentions this business is at the Motorsports Park. Just a short drive from the National Corvette Museum. The perfect opportunity for those people who are cringing at the thought of heading across country with their new car without any protection from "road rash"

I can totally vouch for the workmanship of Auto Armor. About a year ago I had my Z06 totally wrapped by Auto Armor. They did the paint correction (minimal needed), Xpel, ceramic and window tint. Auto Armor's people aren't simply body shop employees, dealership employees or someone working out of their garage, They are true car lovers who wanted to make my Z06 smooth, shiny and protected, Mission accomplished.
        Last edited by noxqq; 01-08-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

THANK YOU John, and First Vette. That is exciting news !! Although I'm waiting for the rumored Zora, I will probably stop down and check them out one day. I'm not totally ruling out a ZO6, or ZR1 to get one sooner however. Bowling Green is only about 8 hours away, and I go through there a couple times a year, as my Grandson races at Loretta Lyn's track. I.m planning on a museum delivery, so this sounds like it just sealed the deal for me. Now all I have to do is wait.

Regards Brian

Comment

This is interesting, I was looking at getting the temporary Xpel (tracwrap) for the drive home. I am still not 100% sold on PPF (for optical clarity reasons only), but I will be taking a closer look now and I may look at what they charge for window tint as well (although having to wait 3 days and the drive home without putting the windows down might be hard LOL). Thanks for finding and reporting on this, I love this group always lots of good information.
            My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

This is good news indeed. I looked for a way to get this done in 14 before driving my Vette home from the NCM but there were no options available. I took a chance and drove 2800 miles unprotected with no damage. I will definitely utilize this option this time.

Comment

Anyone have a quote or ballpark cost on this? Is 3 days needed as mentioned?

Quote requested on their web page, will report back with any good info...
                Last edited by Mid engined Murph; 01-08-2020, 04:58 AM.

Comment

So who here would tint the windshield and engine hatch glass? Personally I need to wait and see one on person, assume that there is some tint to them from the factory.

Comment

Done deal! This was going to be one of my worries driving it home.

Comment

Not only is this extremely convenient for those taking museum delivery, but this shop will likely do so many C8s that they will certainly be one of the most skilled teams in the US when it comes to wrapping ME Corvettes.
                      Upcoming Vette:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                        Not only is this extremely convenient for those taking museum delivery, but this shop will likely do so many C8s that they will certainly be one of the most skilled teams in the US when it comes to wrapping ME Corvettes.
                        And that fact may be a driving force for some to consider the R8C option.

after thinking about the one stop shop mentality I have added the R8C option and will take advantage of the wrap and a CQ coat with tint for the drive home
                        it’s only money and it’s not coming with me upon check out......done.
                        Last edited by V1 VR; 01-08-2020, 10:12 AM. Reason: Added an FYI option info
                        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                        2000 status 😊👍
                        2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; R8C

Comment

This would be great if you could have this done before museum pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

The lack of a first class new Corvette protective paint film (PPF) program has been heretofore a major deterrent for many choosing the NCM delivery option (R8C). What a super positive development this is for all who are getting their C8 via the Museum Delivery Program!

From the AutoArmor web site, they are installers of XPEL Ultimate.

Name:	59105F07-A272-40E1-B570-9F10F39E2BFC.jpeg
Views:	1188
Size:	914.6 KB
ID:	101033

This is the news that will now open the floodgates for NCM’s Museum Delivery program to expand greatly, for so many new C8 owners to take delivery there and with confidence, driving their cars home on a great, lifetime-memory road trip!

What a super positive development for all who are getting their C8 via that Museum Delivery Program.
                            I actually mentioned this in passing here, as I've been in touch with the folks opening the facility. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...9974#post99974

Comment

Originally posted by Mid engined Murph View Post
                              Anyone have a quote or ballpark cost on this? Is 3 days needed as mentioned?

Quote requested on their web page, will report back with any good info...
                              I hope they don't mind my posting this here - I've already been talking to them about this very thing and here is the pricing they sent me:

Full Front End Package: This package is the same as the Partial Front End above but with FULL hood, FULL fenders, and headlights. Includes coverage on your front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, and mirrors.Full Front End Package is $2,500. (Image below)

·Full Front End PLUS+ Package: This package adds rocker panels and a-pillars which are main prone wear and tear areas. Includes coverage on your front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, mirrors, rocker panels, and a pillars. Full Front End PLUS+ Package is $3,500. (Image below)

·Full Car Package: This package includes coverage on anything/everything painted, including headlights.Full Car Package is $7,000. (Image below)

Ceramic coating is $1,750. They told me 24 hours for PPF (which honestly I found hard to believe) and 48 hours for ceramic coating. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the front end plus+ package.

Also, they say they are trying to work something out with the museum so that when customers arrive to pick up the car on Corvette Blvd it will already be wrapped.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X