MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Product Featuring Doug Fehan On Now

Learn Everything About Corvette Racing From THE Product Manager, Doug Fehan!_If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...g-Fehan-ejpu64 Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan. Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day.  Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R.  Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year.  Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them. Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Bose Panaray Sound System for the ME Zora?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose Panaray Sound System for the ME Zora?

Since Bose has developed the 34 speaker Panaray Sound System for the Cadillac CT6, you can be sure that Bose has been tapped to design a state of the art sound system for the mid engine Zora as a option. The Panaray is by far the best automotive sound system by Bose ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmlO6RDNBRM

https://globalpressroom.bose.com/us-...ease/view/1471

I know for some that the sound of the our Corvette V8’s exhaust music ​​​​​is the best soundtrack ever. I listen to it often with all other audio off. However, when were are on day two and three of a 2,500 miler to the National Corvette Museum, we place the exhaust into its “stealth” mode in our C7 Z06 and listen to the car’s audio system. Personally, I would love to have the option of the Panaray sound system if it were a stand alone option (I hate packaged options).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I have no doubt that GM will stick with Bose, but I really wish they'd abandon that relationship. The simple truth is the Bose equipment is over-rated, under-performing, and over-priced. Bose' various bit of audio "trickery" don't come close to making up for the lousy speakers (seriously, look at the cones in a C7. I had transistor radios back in the '60s with better quality drivers). In fact, in the C7 I found all of the various signal processing options mostly make the sound muddy and distorted.

And the ultra low impedance speakers Bose uses to get higher output power from cheap amps makes it much more difficult and expensive to replace the crummy drivers with anything better. You need to replace the amps, too, and not just the speakers.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Let me start by admitting that I wear two hearing aids - product of a lot of loud noises in my over 6 decades of enjoying life. Personally, I've owned very nice audiophile equipment (i.e. - Krell, Wilson, Transparent, McIntosh, etc.) for years but I find Bose equipment to be more then adequate for an automobile system. Face it!! The noise created by a big V-8 is a bit overwhelming but, as John has said, and I agree, when cruising down the highway, it's easy to sedate the engine exhaust a little and listen to tunes. There is no doubt a better system someplace (Mercedes, Audi and Porsche love to hit you hard for Burmester sound systems ($5300) but they also offer Bose, albeit not the Panaray. I'd wager that the difference between a much more superior sound system and the Panaray will not be that discernible in the cruising mode.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X