Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Carscoops photos and video of white c8..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carscoops photos and video of white c8..

Not sure if you guys have seen this so ill post ..

mot too pretty in white..

Originally posted by CarScoops
    Is This What The C8 Chevrolet Corvette Will Look Like? BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONSEPTEMBER 19, 2018
    Ladies and gentlemen, this could be one of our best insights yet at what the C8-generation Chevrolet Corvette will look like.

Following the publication of spy shots of the mid-engine Corvette testing at the Nurburgring with skin-tight camouflage, KSS Studio has created this rendering of the supercar. It could prove to be very accurate.

The basic shape of the Corvette is already known. At the front, it will adopt triangular-shaped headlights and use a collection of air intakes rather than a traditional grille. Additionally, we know that the car will have large air intakes directly behind the doors, adopt a steeply-raked rear window, and have a curvaceous rear spoiler.

This rendering offers a look at all these elements without any camouflage and it makes for a nice-looking piece of kit.

Get your cheque books out.

Clearly, the design of the new Corvette isn’t as extreme as the Ford GT but it is radically different than the C7 Corvette. We’re not sold on the shape of the vehicle’s rear fascia or the odd spoiler but will reserve our final judgement for when we actually see the new Corvette in the flesh.

Looks aside, the new Corvette will also be hugely different under the skin than the current model. For starters, an entry-level model with a 6.2-liter LT1 V8 and 500 hp is said to be in the works.

Additionally, Chevrolet is expected to offer the car with a new flat-plane crank V8 in naturally-aspirated and twin-turbo guises, delivering 600 hp and 800 hp respectively. It’s possible that the range-topping model could pair a front-mounted 200 hp electric motor to the 800 hp twin-turbo V8 to make for a 1000 hp, all-wheel drive
    https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/c8...ill-look-like/
    Last edited by John; 09-19-2018, 09:19 PM. Reason: Added article within our forum for easier accessibility.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Favorite rendering yet, I think it looks incredible in white.

Comment

White always tends to look awesome in lerson but in photos much of it gets lost...

im not sure i like the proposed details here...on the front bumper or the side scoop...not to mention the rear spoiler...

none of these are deal killers ..just an option
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
        White always tends to look awesome in lerson but in photos much of it gets lost...

im not sure i like the proposed details here...on the front bumper or the side scoop...not to mention the rear spoiler...

none of these are deal killers ..just an option
        I agree with you on the front bumper, I hope Johns' thought that the center section might be a snap in piece is correct. I'm also not sure the Stingray emblem on the front fender works.

Comment

If this is a pretty accurate rendering, I don't think it looks that bad in white. I've always been partial to lighter car colors anyway. It does need some jazzing up though.

I was at a gas station last weekend with my Z51 Stingray and what I thought was just going to be a quick top off turned into a 40 minute car show. One guy said that it "looks like a rocket ship". The rendering above looks like a Ferrari or NSX.

Comment

Nice clean rendering. Not every “known” detail exact but a good impression. The center grill is oversimplified and ignores the paint shop lines. The top of the center section is not correct but the bottom section could be close in shape but will/ must be a separate piece.

I think the nose/ hood will have more dramatic lines and deeper detail. Similar to the C7 but with more angular and sharp edges as opposed to the C7 curved surfaces.
            Last edited by fvs; 09-20-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post
              but the bottom section could be close in shape but will/ must be a separate piece.
              I agree. After reviewing the paint shop photos over and over compared to the current test cars it seems to be apparent that the front end is at least two pieces. What we were seeing in the paint shop photos is only the main outer portion. The center section looks to be a separate piece.

Comment

Hmmmmm. Don't know how to say this. It looks cool, in a Lambo, Ferrari kinda way. But, I don't like it because it doesn't look like a Corvette. I don't track mine. I have fun with it, and will probably never need the additional handling capability a mid engined car would add. As a separate car, alongside a front engine, rear drive model I'd be ok with. But I think GM is going to alienate a lot of owners/fans.

This is my favorite rendering this far, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingray50th View Post
                  Hmmmmm. Don't know how to say this. It looks cool, in a Lambo, Ferrari kinda way. But, I don't like it because it doesn't look like a Corvette. I don't track mine. I have fun with it, and will probably never need the additional handling capability a mid engined car would add. As a separate car, alongside a front engine, rear drive model I'd be ok with. But I think GM is going to alienate a lot of owners/fans.

​​​​Welcome to 50th Stingray — our 1500th member. We are very glad you joined us.

I appreciate your candor. We had a fair amount who said the identical thing about the C7 mules at this time, and literally 3/4’s of those who said they did not like it then, since changed their minds — many becoming C7 owners.

The distinctively different proportions of the ME will reduce the percentage of those who embrace it within a year of its reveal. We shall tune in and see if you feel it looks like a Corvette at that time.

In the interim, again we thank you for joining us, and expressing your legitimate feelings.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I think we are all in for a treat , GM has a ton riding on this one.

Comment

speed racer, truer words were never spoken, especiallly and exponentially, if there are no C7’s after this year.
                      Last edited by John; 09-21-2018, 10:38 AM.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingray50th View Post

Looks every bit a Corvette to me. A mid-engined Corvette to be sure, with much different proportions, but still a 'vette. And I'm confident the FE Corvette isn't going away, for just the reason you stated. GM made it clear that one of the reasons for modernizing the assembly line was to allow it to build multiple models interspersed on the same line.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Looks every bit a Corvette to me. A mid-engined Corvette to be sure, with much different proportions, but still a 'vette. And I'm confident the FE Corvette isn't going away, for just the reason you stated. GM made it clear that one of the reasons for modernizing the assembly line was to allow it to build multiple models interspersed on the same line.
                          The only way the FE remains is if it changes drastically. That is, if it sticks around, it is not going to be a V8. Think 911 Boxster/Carman competitor at a much lower price point. However, I don’t even think that will happen. Tadge is already on record as saying (years ago) that they have maxed out the front ME platform capability. With that being the case, there is no reason to keep it going. Maybe (maybe) they make a Cayman fighter of some sort and price it accordingly...but that is the best you can hope for in my opinion.
                          Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-21-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

The alpha platform for the sixth gen camaro is excellent and very close to the c7 corvette.

in my opinion a full restyle more along the lines of ferraris portifino 2 plus 2 makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

The only way the FE remains is if it changes drastically. That is, if it sticks around, it is not going to be a V8. Think 911 Boxster/Carman competitor at a much lower price point. However, I don’t even think that will happen. Tadge is already on record as saying (years ago) that they have maxed out the front ME platform capability. With that being the case, there is no reason to keep it going. Maybe (maybe) they make a Cayman fighter of some sort and price it accordingly...but that is the best you can hope for in my opinion.
                              You're entitled to your opinion, Paul, but don't act like it's fact. There are many reasons to keep the FE going, including price, and the fact that a significant number of Corvette owners think 'vettes should be, now and always, front engine rear drive cars. There are lots of Corvette owners who have made it very clear they have no interest in an ME car, and won't buy one if that's there only choice.

Is the FE maxed out FOR RACING? Of course. But only a tiny fraction of Corvette buyers have any interest at all in taking their cars to the track. On the street, the C7 is still one of the best performing cars you can buy, and easily the best performance bargain.
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X