Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

XPEL STEALTH Satin PPF on Torch Red C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPEL STEALTH Satin PPF on Torch Red C8

Hey everyone,

Many of you may be considering options to protect your C8. XPEL gloss PPF is a common choice but consider XPEL STEALTH satin-finish PPF as an option. Justin @HorsePowerObsessed picked up his Torch Red C8 not too long ago and decided to go with a full STEALTH wrap transforming the gloss finish into a satin finish. Check out the video below to see the transformation on Justin's YouTube channel - Horse Power Obsessed.

XPEL STEALTH is a satin (similar to matte) finish Paint Protection Film backed by a 10 Year Warranty against yellowing, hazing, cracking, peeling, and more. If you live near the Pittsburgh area, check out Blackout Tinting for all of your XPEL needs. If you don't live near the Pittsburgh area then you can go to our XPEL Installer Locator HERE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	1783
Size:	684.8 KB
ID:	168807

Name:	STEALTH Hood.jpg
Views:	1266
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	168808

Name:	Torch Red Corvette 2020 C8 XPEL STEALTH_7.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	519.8 KB
ID:	168809
    Last edited by XPEL; 07-20-2020, 12:17 PM.

That is a really great looking wrap. Thanks XPEL for sharing it with us so more of us can learn about your new satin XPEL!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

LOOKS GREAT! Nice way to customize/standout! 👍🏼

Comment

Is there a stain white example? Or maybe a mother of pearl ppf
        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

When I started watching I thought I would not like the satin finish; but it really is a neat look. XPEL, what is the recommendation on which of your products to use for the glossy finish? I know there are lots of ideas/combinations, but want to hear what you recommend.
          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Pb7148 View Post
            Is there a stain white example? Or maybe a mother of pearl ppf
            STEALTH on white looks amazing! The best way to see STEALTH on white is a simple Google search of "XPEL STEALTH white Corvette". Let us know what you think and if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
              When I started watching I thought I would not like the satin finish; but it really is a neat look. XPEL, what is the recommendation on which of your products to use for the glossy finish? I know there are lots of ideas/combinations, but want to hear what you recommend.
              Mr. Bluster,

We're glad to hear you like the STEALTH. It's definitely something you have to see to understand if you really like it or not. When you say recommendation for gloss finish products, can you provide more detail on that question? The gloss vs satin debate is purely up to you. Gloss or satin finish PPF's can be used on carbon fiber, paint, and even some interior surfaces.

Comment

When my car is finally built later this year I intend to have a PPF done. Are there different thicknesses of XPEL that can be used. My choice will be the gloss rather than satin finish and then a ceramic coating.
                Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                  When my car is finally built later this year I intend to have a PPF done. Are there different thicknesses of XPEL that can be used. My choice will be the gloss rather than satin finish and then a ceramic coating.

Good thinking on wanting PPF done right away when your car is built. Great question, yes, there are different thicknesses of the XPEL gloss PPF. STEALTH only comes in 1 thickness of 8mils but the gloss film, ULTIMATE PLUS, comes in 3.
                  1. ULTIMATE PLUS 7 - is a 7mil thick film that's designed for more contoured surfaces for interior purposes. Think about piano black or carbon fiber interior trim pieces.
                  2. ULTIMATE PLUS - this is our standard and most common film that is 8mils thick.
                  3. ULTIMATE PLUS 10 - this is a new 10mil thick film that is perfect for the enthusiast. We recommend this for front ends, rocker panels, and anywhere else you think you may need it. You can also have XUP10 installed on the entire vehicle.

In regards to PPF and Ceramic Coating, that is the most popular package we see. Owners will opt for PPF on the high impact areas being the full front end and rocker panels plus the aero blades and then ceramic coat everything.

Comment

XPEL It seems you dont offer a Stealth option that wide, roughly 65" or so, how is this installed? Also, theres no precut kit.

Comment

Originally posted by B T View Post
                      XPEL It seems you dont offer a Stealth option that wide, roughly 65" or so, how is this installed? Also, theres no precut kit.
                      Hello,

The widest size our STEALTH satin finish PPF comes in is 60". Our gloss PPF, ULTIMATE PLUS, comes as wide as 72". We do have pre-cut kits for the entire C8 that can be used for STEALTH. The C8 doesn't require any pieces larger than 60" so you're all set if you want STEALTH.

Comment

XPEL , does Ultimate Plus come in black in large enough sheets to wrap a roof?

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
                          XPEL , does Ultimate Plus come in black in large enough sheets to wrap a roof?
                          XPEL PPF does not come in colors at this time. We have ULTIMATE PLUS which is a glossy clear film in 8 and 10mil thickness and then STEALTH satin PPF in 8mil.

Comment

Originally posted by XPEL View Post

XPEL PPF does not come in colors at this time. We have ULTIMATE PLUS which is a glossy clear film in 8 and 10mil thickness and then STEALTH satin PPF in 8mil.
                            So was Gloss Black XPEL ULTIMATE discontinued?
                            https://www.xpel.com/blog/knox-detai...rotection-film

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post

So was Gloss Black XPEL ULTIMATE discontinued?
                              https://www.xpel.com/blog/knox-detai...rotection-film
                              The gloss black PPF was a limited run item. We are hoping to bring it back in the future but it will be some time.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X