Courtesy Deliveries In Portland, OR Thanks To Suburban Chevrolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy Deliveries In Portland, OR Thanks To Suburban Chevrolet

Jeff Baldwin, the General Manager of Suburban Chevrolet, a wonderful MECF forum dealer and by far the # 1 Corvette dealer in the state, just announced that they will be doing 2020 C8. courtesy deliveries. This is great news in the Oregon area, for the two dealers that used to do them, have recently changed management/business practices and would do them no longer. The third one in the Portland area that is continuing to do them, is a much lower volume Corvette dealer and is charging $800, and one that I am not recommending even if there were to lower their price.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I really do not understand why a dealer would not do a courtesy delivery. I haven't had one in a while and am nervous about this small local dealer here. Not even sure yet if if they will do it. suppose to find out next week. I have been told that a fair price is between $350 to $500. I also understand that the dealers get paid by GM to do this. Does anyone know how much they are paid??

Comment

Dealers do get paid by GM, but I am not knowledgeable enough to answer the amount myself. I will say that most stories I know of include putting plates on and giving them their keys and have a nice day. If I'm sending one of my vehicles to another dealership for a courtesy delivery on a new Corvette then I want to make sure the dealer I send it to will deliver it the same way I would if the customer were here in front of me. The car needs to be as perfect as possible, and the customer should get the same full delivery of all features and tech on the vehicle that I would give. Unfortunately you will find many dealerships won't pay their employees enough on a CD, if at all, to care. I can tell you if a courtesy delivery is sent to me, I will treat as my own. Maybe not on a Spark, but on a Corvette yes.
      Ron Shinault
      www.isellcorvettes.com
      Weber Chevrolet
      Columbia, IL
      2019 Dealerrater Dealer of the Year - Illinois
      314-677-7114

Comment

Courtesy dealers do NOT get paid by GM for their time and costs in completing the paperwork of filing forms with the state, including title, taxes, tags, etc. They do get reimbursed by GM for the actual PDI services performed.

We need to remember that when a regular dealer makes a sale and gets a nice (and deserved) profit, they use some of that money to pay for paperwork, local advertising and similar costs, but courtesy delivery dealer does not get that profit from the sale itself.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

If the dealer knows you will have your Corvette serviced there, you would think they would be more then happy to work with you!

Comment

In Canada we don't have much call for courtesy delivery due to the small volume of cars available to all dealers across the country and the vast distance between large volume dealers in different parts of the country. In the US you are fortunate to have the option of Museum Delivery which I would do in a heartbeat if I ordered a new car in the USA. I have been very happy with the delivery process from two of our local dealers.
            1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
            1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
            1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
            2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
            2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
            2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X