MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

C8 Front inlet radiator opening covers - 2nd patent pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richrat View Post
    Great ideas, the challenge with a snap fit is I would have needed to have the factory screen insert last year to measure/prototype and such, the part has not been available until last week. The bigger issue is you cannot get behind the part unless you remove the entire front bumper. So no way to pull up a tab from behind to remove easily. Thanks for thinking about the part, the current design is truly the best of both worlds plus the installation will be very easy for anyone to install themselves. Also stats say 99% will never remove the screen once installed, only 1% of Corvette owners actually track their car. Otherwise there is no reason to remove the part ever. Removal can be done easily with fishing line or tooth floss and some gentle manipulation of the remaining tape.

Also a snap fit could cause a rattle, the 3M tape fills the space & eliminates this potential issue.
    Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich, thanks for the well thought-through response. Makes sense to me.

Comment

• Please add me to your list for the inlet covers. [email protected] Thanks a bunch!

Gary

Comment

• Hi Richrat. I was really looking forward to seeing the engine enhancements too. Do you have an ETA on when you'll have some pictures of these?

Comment

• Originally posted by pksjc View Post
          Hi Richrat. I was really looking forward to seeing the engine enhancements too. Do you have an ETA on when you'll have some pictures of these?
          Thanks for the question pksjc, I am hoping to have those available sometime in Aug-Sept timeframe maybe sooner. I don't have any pics I can share just yet. We are working to accelerate the front inlet screens so most of the focus is on that right now.

Thanks for being patient!

Rich
          Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X