MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Thanks AGMotorsports - Love my 5VM Carbon Fiber Splitter and Side Skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiteHorse
    replied
    Looks gorgeous, very sporty. I admire you for doing it yourself. I am interested in going with this company myself, same kit, and my car should be ready in a week or so.
    Last edited by WhiteHorse; 10-22-2020, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy36
    replied
    Originally posted by smurvet View Post

Are you for hire. 😉 My dealer told me it took their guy 6 hours to do their first set. 😬
    If you use windshield adhesive you don't have to remove the rear wheels or inner wells or drill a hole in the side of the body. The windshield adhesive will do the trick. If you do make sure to not get it too close to the edge where it meets the body on the top as you should also have some acetone available if you do get any on the paint wipe it immediately off. Also press down from the top first and let the adhesive cure for 45 minutes or overnight if that works better for you before you pop rivet the bottom.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1094.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	199440
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 10-16-2020, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smurvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

I installed them myself. If you can drill some holes and operate a pop-rivet gun, remove a couple of wheels and some screws and bolts it's pretty simple.
    If you take your sweet time it shouldn't take longer than 2 hours.
    Are you for hire. 😉 My dealer told me it took their guy 6 hours to do their first set. 😬

Leave a comment:

• AGMotorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

I installed them myself. If you can drill some holes and operate a pop-rivet gun, remove a couple of wheels and some screws and bolts it's pretty simple.
    Thats what we like to hear! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy36
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Desert Dog View Post
    Very nice
    who did install and how long

Leave a comment:

• hogyld
    replied
    Don’t take this the wrong way, while it looks very classy and sporty at the same time, it almost looks too good. I guess what I mean, is I am more function over form. If it looks awesome and serves a genuine utilitarian purpose, thumbs up. But, if it just looks awesome and it may or may not serve a utilitarian purpose.....it’s still awesome, just not for me. I guess I’m kind of like the old saying “opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink” 🤪

Leave a comment:

• AZ Desert Dog
    replied
    Very nice
    who did install and how long

Leave a comment:

• AGMotorsports
    replied
    Thank you for the review!!!

Leave a comment:

• Plentyfast
    replied
    I love it, exactly what I like.

Leave a comment:

• Pb7148
    replied
    Looks really sharp. Thanks for sharing 👍👍

Leave a comment:

• Thanks AGMotorsports - Love my 5VM Carbon Fiber Splitter and Side Skirts

Had to thank AGMotorsports for supplying what the factory dropped from my order. I didn't feel the car was complete without the Carbon Fiber Ground Effects. They look amazing and they do a great job.
    Notes on Install - Putting the sideskirts on - Purchase 2- SS bolt and nut and lockwasher and fiberglass or liquid nail the bolt onto the skirt where the hole is that goes through the body. Otherwise there will be no way to tighten it down. Other that that the install needs a tube of windshield adhesive and remove the 3M tape as it keeps the skirts away from where they belong. Just put a small bead of Windshield Adhesive where the 3M tape was. Be careful with the adhesive as you will have to have some acetone available to get it off of anything it doesn't belong on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	188759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	188760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.15 MB