MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 5 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

5 of 5 < >

MECF Forum “Picture of the Day Award” (POTD) Section Started; To Be Eligible, Post Your Picture in our C1-6 or C7 section.

A different admin/mod chosen photo(s) each day, one you earlier placed of your car it in the C1-C6 Fantastic Corvettes section, the Compelling C7 section (or be admin/mod ME section chosen). We today feature Steven Bell’s beauty: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-award-winner
See more
See less

Video of ME at Nurburgring

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of ME at Nurburgring

Signed up just to post this video of the ME at Nurburgring, not sure if it has been posted yet.

Excellent footage. Engine sounds good. Obvious DCT shift. Stock ****lers? Handling looks good but lots of tire squeal. Thanks.

I see the word "m.u.f.f.ler" is forbidden?

Comment

Thanks Makav, Do you think thats a Hard Top Convertible? Possibly with upgraded engine, not the base model as it has the front splitter?
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Woo, I knew that it was only a matter of time until we got a video. It sure hugs those corners well.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Thanks Makav, Do you think thats a Hard Top Convertible? Possibly with upgraded engine, not the base model as it has the front splitter?
          I'm seeing both cars there. The very first is the 'vert, then the coupe, then 'vert at around the 1:25 mark. Easy to tell from the back. Look for the rearview camera location at the center back of the roof.
          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

First, apologies to Fasttoys who did the all the right things earlier, but I messed up and lost his earlier video post of the 2020 ME at the ‘Ring. Next, thanks to our new member “makav” for posting it earlier today.

Sorry everyone whose posts got moved. Thanks for your understanding, but we are back on track in one thread in our major news section; it is also called out and linked in our announcement section for all subsequently to easily find one combined thread.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

How are we certain it’s a DCT? So what happens to 8 speed and 10 speed GM has worked with Ford on? Only trucks and Camaro??

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                How are we certain it’s a DCT? So what happens to 8 speed and 10 speed GM has worked with Ford on? Only trucks and Camaro??

Firstly it's been widely reported that GM has worked with Tremec (the current MT supplier) on a version of their DCT for the C8 Corvette.

Secondly, I have a modern DCT car ('18 Golf R) and have listened to every video out there, and without a doubt it's a DCT. There's a dead giveaway in one video as the car comes to a stop you can hear a rev-matched down shift to first. Conventional autos don't do that.
                Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-04-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio
                  Lots of tire squeal (didn't like that part), although handling looks fine.
                  Michelin made either three or four progressively tuned C7 tire versions, in concert with GM’s suspension/powertrain C7 development process —culminating in the last Michelin version being the one in our customer cars. At this point in the C8’s development, Michelin has provided GM either version 1 or version 2 of their tire for the ME.

There will be further tire compound changes as Michelin, again in concert with GM as GM keeps further tuning car components, leading to Michelin’s version 3 or 4 for the finally-fully-developed tires for our customer cars next summer.
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I guess for real testing they're gonna have to take off the camo. Keep the cameras rolling!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Michelin made either three or four progressively tuned C7 tire versions, in concert with GM’s suspension/powertrain C7 development process —culminating in the last Michelin version being the one in our customer cars. At this point in the C8’s development, Michelin has provided GM either version 1 or version 2 of their tire for the ME.

There will be further tire compound changes as Michelin, again in concert with GM as GM keeps further tuning car components, leading to Michelin’s version 3 or 4 for the finally-fully-developed tires for our customer cars next summer.
                      I'm just surprised hearing it on a modern car. They sounded like bias-plies from the '70's. Think the chase scene from Bullitt.

Comment

Cool..thanks for posting up..

Comment

I am truly amazed and pleased at the car’s composure through the different track sections at this point in its development.

We are not on the final version of it stires, and the suspension, steering and other adjustments that were going on in the C7’s development until around 4 months before the first customer cars were delivered (Sept. 19, 2013), allows for another roughly 8 months of more ME testing and fine tuning beftween now and the time when the car is declared production ready.

Comment

With my speakers turned all the way up, that was a very exciting video to see. The driver is so good, and the car is cutting apex’ beautifully.
                            Looking forward to our ME arriving, hopefully late next summer.

Comment

Between video time 1:53 to 1:56 you will hear an over rev DCT type shift when coming out of the corner, very interesting. Car shows so much detail in the video versus controlled pictures. Look at all the hood details.
                              Last edited by Fasttoys; 09-05-2018, 05:24 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X