MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Official C8 Reveal In Orange County, California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official C8 Reveal In Orange County, California

The Next Generation Corvette, aka what we call the C8, aka the MidEngine, will be revealed as we all previously heard, on 7.18.19. It will be revealed in Orange County, California.

For those who are not “OC” familiar, several of Orange County's cities are on the Pacific Ocean western coast, including Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and San Clemente. Thanks Google. And...

Originally posted by Wiki
    Orange County is located in the Los Angeles metropolitan area in the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, the population was 3,010,232, making it the third-most populous county in California, the sixth-most populous in the United States, and more populous than 21 U.S. states. Its county seat is Santa Ana.

County seat: Santa Ana

Highest elevation: 5,690 ft (1,730 m)

Region: Greater Los

GDP: $244B
    Why did GM choose Orange County? Perhaps we will never know, or most probably it is because more mid engine sports cars are sold in Southern California than in any other part of the world. (Source=Skank)

Here is the invite that went out to selected press/media.

Attached Files
    Last edited by John; 04-30-2019, 09:33 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

There are a lot of rich people (with easy money) in that area. Get those guys excited, the rest of the country will follow.

Comment

Better there than East Orange, New Jersey

Comment

Is this the first time they have actually used the term "mid-engine"?
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          The Next Generation Corvette, aka what we call the C8, aka the MidEngine, will be revealed as we all previously heard on 7.18.19.

It will be revealed in Orange County, California.

For those who are not “OC” familiar, several of Orange County's cities are on the Pacific Ocean western coast, including Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and San Clemente. Thanks Google. And...

Why did GM choose Orange County? Perhaps we will never know, or most probably it is because more mid engine sports cars are sold in Southern California than in any other part of the world. (Source=Skank)
          WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYi?

Do not know but, I'm hoping because :"

Orange County . Orange County has several auto race tracks. This is what I have been saying in my comments. I can pretend that they read this MEF and are influnced. I have said the reveal should be: 1. at a race track. 2. independent professional drivers 3. Customer drivers and journalist . 4 Turn them loose. 5 . Let them speak. This format would be a first and set the standard for all performance manufacturers internationally.

Orange County has tracks, ................................... check that one off

Now need to check off:
          1. at a race track. .................................................. ..?????????????
          2. independent professional drivers ........................,?????????????
          3. Customer drivers & J ............................................??? ??????????
          4. Turn them loose. .................................................. .??? ??????????
          5. Let them speak .................................................. ...??? ??????????

If 1,2,3,3,5 are realized, then one, at least one ME member should set a driver invite!

They can do from among multiple things. Zero to 60, 100, 440. 880, if facility allows. Oval. road circuit. cones, skid path, braking. Like the NFL Combine. Worth Million in publicity.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 04-30-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Totally bummed...worst possible scenario for me...i live in CT and due to my heart condition it would be a difficult travel scenario...have to see what my heart transplant doctor says....😪 I'm assuming i will get an invite since I was 1 of the 100 that went to the C7 reveal...1.13.13...
            Last edited by dolfanlon; 04-30-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I hope it will be live streaming.

Comment

The Next Generation Corvette, aka what we call the C8, aka the MidEngine, will be revealed as we all previously heard on 7.18.19.

John I hope this means you were the lucky one who got the invite. And for those of us who will not get one Tadge said at the Bash they will live stream the reveal so that we all can see it at the same time. Nobody looses on that deal. It could be that the reveal will be outdoors. So whereever they chose it to be one thing is for sure they will have a nice venue indoors or outdoors for the show. Just think of the C7 reveals. All of them indoors with a stage full of screens lights and special effects that is very hard to do outside.
                Well after talking to a few insiders it appears there will be a mix of outdoor and indoor reveal theatrics on July 18. Can"t wait to see it on TV.
                Last edited by 455SDguy; 05-27-2019, 12:46 PM.
                Bucket LIst: See C8, Order C8 (On Mike Furman's List) Own C8, Drive C8

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

John I hope this means you were the lucky one who got the invite. And for those of us who will not get one Tadge said at the Bash they will live stream the reveal so that we all can see it at the same time. Nobody looses on that deal. There is also very little chance to none that the reveal will be outdoors. So whereever they chose it to be one thing is for sure they will have a nice venue indoors for the show. Just think of the C7 reveals. All of them indoors with a stage full of screens lights and special effects that is very hard to do outside.
                  I wouldn't be so sure it is indoors... Look at the rainfall numbers for July... http://ocalmanac.com/Weather/we02.htm

Comment

OC is pretty much my backyard! I was just in Huntington Beach on Saturday and in one day I probably saw half a dozen Porsche GT cars, an equal number of Ferrari 488 GTBs, a few Lamborghinis; and Huntington is "poor" compared to Newport Beach

Now just to somehow get my hands on an invitation...

Comment

1) Flight booked...check!

2) Hotel reserved...check!

3) Invitation received...not yet...

Comment

The event starts at 8:00 p.m. PST according to the countdown clock.

Comment

How do I get an invite!!! I’ve bought multiple new and I fit the new target demographic!! Ok John, if your wife backs out, I dibs your +1!!! I can fly down in short notice!! I’ll have to settle for the live steam. 😞

Comment

Hey everyone, I made a quick video about this and I added Chazcron's amazing new 3D Convertible render video! Enjoy!

Comment

Most, perhaps all, of the invites that have so far gone out, have been to press/media. My presumption is that there will be other invites for other groups later. If one listens to the video of the 4/25 Corvette presentation at NCM (https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-news-from-gm ), while it was not explicitly stated, my reading between the lines is that just like1.13.13, there is a good possibility, maybe a probability, maybe even a certainty, that GM will offer a package deal with NCM so that NCM will have some reveal slots to sell to enthusiasts. There were 150 of those slots for the C7 (to which dolfanlon, I and 148 others attended).
                              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X