MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

1st Official C8 Teaser Video is Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few months ago I saw a video of a C8 running (screaming actually) in Nürburgring and that thing was going so fast, especially how it would charge out of the corners. At first I thought it was Forced Inducted, but it sounded N/A. By the time I grabbed the link and send it to a friend, the video was removed. it was an authentic video.

Comment

Ok gear heads what is the part in front of the timing chains on the bottom right of the picture? We did't have those parts in the 60ies
      frankb

Comment

Yes great little video and thanks for the freeze frames. Interesting that they showed the old 63 split window pic from when it was intended to have a trunk that opened and gills to the rear not on the front fenders. Makes for more continuity with the new midengine car.
        Last edited by ZL-1; 04-30-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Just in case you have never seen the entire video... Here you go.

Comment

I've read elsewhere that the shift you hear toward the end sounds like a manual. I'm not sure. Thoughts?
            2016 NRB Z51 M7 Coupe with 3LT Kalahari
            Is this thing getting better or am I? Both?

Comment

If it’s where I think you mean then yes it does sound that way but could be the editing or other.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
                If it’s where I think you mean then yes it does sound that way but could be the editing or other.
                Sorry about that, it’s not near the end, it’s actually smack in the middle at the 15s mark.
                2016 NRB Z51 M7 Coupe with 3LT Kalahari
                Is this thing getting better or am I? Both?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCT View Post

Sorry about that, it’s not near the end, it’s actually smack in the middle at the 15s mark.
                  Yes we were together.
                  There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                  2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                  79 coupe Silver/oyster
                  All one owner
                  Museum lifetime members

Comment

Original C8 design sketch? This is a screen print Corvette_Nut took from the teaser vid that I further cropped.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E77EE986-BE94-48CB-945F-F2288CB7244D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	34973
                    Last edited by John; 05-04-2019, 09:38 AM.
                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Cropping further...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2FB377DC-5028-4CC6-BFB1-2D7443624847.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	34976
                      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Engine Pic: Looks like a new oil pump and additional cam variability.

Comment

Welcome gibsot30. Glad you joined us Thoughtful first post. Two timing chains do raise the question of cam variability that you noted. Do you subscribe to one post’s thought that there could be two camshafts?

Click image for larger version  Name:	09E9A35C-D2FE-4D3D-8A08-7C0F3E3F2C6B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	36520

Comment

Two cams? Unlikely, the shown cam is centralized. Where would the second cam be located? Additional lobe adjustability or movement yes.

Comment

Thank you for that info.

Comment

If the additional cam in directly above the primary cam it would be possible. The energy from the crank is transferred to cam via the sprocket, so there would have to be another sprocket directly above the primary. The valvetrain and heads would require a total re-engineering. This is anti-GM, they believe in incremental changes and improvements. They rarely swing for the fences.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X