MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

C8 Visits NCM Bash Via Extensive HR Pictures and Videos!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Visits NCM Bash Via Extensive HR Pictures and Videos!

The C8 just visited the circle at the NCM Bash. Pictures below in thread # 2 with great thanks to our own Marcho Polo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ABD8D74A-E95A-4B56-A14F-B5267599D907.jpeg Views:	112 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	34123

What was extra exciting was while our member Craig Marcho, aka “Marcho Polo” (a professional photographer) and I were standing inside the circle with Keith Cornett, along a few others invited in though standing in other parts of it, of course along with a fair amount of GM staff, Tadge came over to visit Marcho Polo and me as we awaited its arrival, we were joking about the amount of C8 questions that he and the Corvette team are being asked about the car’s details that they of course can not answer before 7.18.19. Tadge said I could however say.

Originally posted by Tadge
    The car will have four wheels and a steering wheel.
    He was happy of course when the car completed its circular drive everyone while remaining on the sides of the road.

When the driver goosed the throttle for our benefit (probably about 600 people around the circle), “the crowd went wild.” As we did when the car accelerated very briskly away up the road.

Thanks again to Craig for all the below pictures!

Thank you CorvetteBlogger, Spring Mountain and NCM for your wonderful videos!
    Last edited by John; 04-27-2019, 02:48 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

These images have been greatly reduced in size and DPI in order to upload to the forum, but hope you enjoy them!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-1.jpg Views:	19 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	34107Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-2.jpg Views:	19 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	34108Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-3.jpg Views:	19 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	34109Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-5.jpg Views:	19 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	34110Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-6.jpg Views:	19 Size:	4.03 MB ID:	34111Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-4.jpg Views:	19 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	34112Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-8.jpg Views:	18 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	34113Click image for larger version  Name:	C8-7.jpg Views:	19 Size:	4.45 MB ID:	34114 Some pics from the drive through at the BASH today
    Last edited by Marcho Polo; 04-27-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-9.jpg
Views:	2961
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	34127Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-11.jpg
Views:	2835
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	34128Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-10.jpg
Views:	2793
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	34129Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-14.jpg
Views:	2872
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	34130Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-12.jpg
Views:	2707
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	34131Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-13.jpg
Views:	2721
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	34132Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-15.jpg
Views:	2823
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	34133Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-16.jpg
Views:	2702
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	34134Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-17.jpg
Views:	2683
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	34135Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-18.jpg
Views:	2760
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	34136Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-19.jpg
Views:	2738
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	34137Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Museum-20.jpg
Views:	2726
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	34138
      Last edited by Marcho Polo; 04-27-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

reserved 3..........

Comment

Many thanks Marcho Polo!!! Getting closer every day. Hope the rest of the Bash is as much fun.

Comment

Video from Spring Mountain folks...

The “Next Generation” Corvette made an appearance at the National Corvette Museum Bash event!

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
              Video from Spring Mountain folks...
              LOL I'm in that video in the black jacket taking pics from the center circle by Tadge. We were "chatting about the weather" when it pulled up.

Comment

Thanks for the awesome pics!

Comment

One thing is very clear about Tadge, he is a very funny man. Got to love his humur... "4-wheels and a steering wheel is breaking news!!!" Thanks John and Jag for all of the great reporting at the bash!
                  Bucket LIst: See C8, Order C8 (On Mike Furman's List) Own C8, Drive C8

Comment

Great to see and hear new stuff on the C8! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here is the NCM's video.

Last edited by John; 04-27-2019, 02:46 PM. Reason: Moved video into this post for easier viewing. Thanks Jag! You have, as always, done an excellent job as our MECF onsite reporter!

Comment

I just watched the video several times that the Corvette Museum posted with the C8 driving around the circle. The driver is reving the engine without jerking forward as if he had a clutch pushed in. Call me crazy but how do you do that with both hands on the steering wheel and not have a clutch. Can you use a paddle shifter to shift to neutral and back to drive maybe?
                        Bucket LIst: See C8, Order C8 (On Mike Furman's List) Own C8, Drive C8

Comment

Here's our video from the NCM Circle drive:

Comment

Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post
                              I just watched the video several times that the Corvette Museum posted with the C8 driving around the circle. The driver is reving the engine without jerking forward as if he had a clutch pushed in. Call me crazy but how do you do that with both hands on the steering wheel and not have a clutch. Can you use a paddle shifter to shift to neutral and back to drive maybe?
                              Most DCTs have a way to disengage the clutch. Pulling in both paddles at the same time, for example.
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >33,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X