MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

We are excited to announce our latest Featured Forum Member, Kerbeck Corvette

Kerbeck is a top notch dealership, and that is reflected by many things including their being the # 1 Corvette dealership in sales for the last 25 years. We enthusiastically welcome them a MECF vendor! More details to follow.
2 of 5 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 5 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 5 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
5 of 5 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

C8 Towed From Gas Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The battery is in the frunk, as could also be the main fuse box.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Maybe the multi-head golf club shaft became dislodged and shorted out the battery.

Comment

Thanks to Motor1, another take on the C8’s inability to start at the gas station.

Originally posted by Motor1
        Mid-Engined C8 Chevrolet Corvette Caught Dead At Gas Station

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B563C74-E64F-4FBB-AAE8-E332D3AE0C28.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	1,020.6 KB
ID:	29387
        MAR 14, 2019 at 1:09PM

Christopher Smith
        BY: CHRISTOPHER SMITH A GM tow truck had to carry the hotly anticipated supercar home.

The rumor mill tells us alleged issues with the forthcoming mid-engined Corvette are in the past, but apparently this particular prototype didn’t get the memo. Our spy team happened to be in the right place at the right time, catching this C8 test vehicle pulling into a gas station near GM’s Milford Proving Grounds in southeast Michigan without trouble. An unknown issue then rendered the car completely unresponsive, and after roughly a half-hour of fiddling, the pseudo-secret supercar was placed under cover until a GM-sourced tow truck arrived to take it away. More C8 Spy Photos:

The batch of photos don’t really show us anything we haven’t already seen, save for the slightest of peeks beneath the C8’s frunk. We can see what looks like a coolant reservoir mounted on the forward firewall, but that’s about it. The front fascia does look a bit different behind the mesh screen, notably at the corner where we’ve seen slanted side vents previously. We suspect that could be the result of some additional camo cladding behind the cover.

C8 Corvette Breakdown Spy Photo
        14 Photos
        C8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy PhotoC8 Corvette Breakdown Spy Photo
        As for the exact nature of the problem, that’s a mystery. It’s certainly not uncommon for pre-production vehicles to have issues – that’s all part of the development process. Obviously, the high-profile nature of this car makes this sighting a bit more significant, especially with previous reports about significant electrical issues and the recent story about high-powered C8 test cars twisting frames. The rumor mill is rampant with talk that such problems were large enough to delay the new Corvette’s launch, and more than a few reliable Motor1.com sources feel this assessment is accurate.

Provided this unfortunate incident isn’t indicative of deeper issues, we’re expecting to see the highly anticipated C8 Corvette revealed in the next few months. There’s still a remote possibility it could appear at the New York Auto Show, but everything seems to point towards a stand-alone event in the summer, possibly at the Corvette Museum in Kentucky. Inside reports further say that production should begin in December, and the most recent report (as in, just a couple hours ago) strongly suggests the first C8 Corvette will be called the Stingray.

Source: Automedia

https://www.motor1.com/news/313553/m...d-gas-station/

Last edited by John; 03-14-2019, 04:17 PM.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Just curious. Is that a man or woman. Somehow it looks like a female body.

Comment

Could just be that the car cover was stored in the frunk.

Comment

Great first post atk5m! Could well be. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Rocks View Post
                Just curious. Is that a man or woman. Somehow it looks like a female body.

That is Kelly Bellore, Corvette Engineer/Program Manager. Super smart and capable. We learned that is Kelly from CorvetteBlogger in post # 29.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

That is Kelly Bellore, Corvette Engineer/Program Manager. Super smart and capable. We learned that is Kelly from CorvetteBlogger in post # 29.
                  Thanks John;

Love to see how you keep up with the posts.
                  I was just testing myself to see how I can read body's posture .

Nice to know we have smart people testing these cars.

I hope GM recognizes your forum as a major contributor to C8.

Comment

Could be something really simple. My wife's Honda had starting issues over the last week. You'd push the starter button, the dash would light up, and nothing more. Turned out to be the starter motor, a simple fix.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Speaking of something simple, how many of us have experienced quirks in the C7? Needing to power off the car, or even disconnect the battery to reboot the system. Good that they experience these things in R&D but the won't be anywhere near the last.

Comment

With the photoof the front trunck it doesnt look as if the targa roof is going in that space.

not great that the c8 is getting towed so often. Not terrible but not great.

Comment

The hood up in a mid engine car, feels like the lady with her Tesla at the gas station.

Last edited by John; 03-14-2019, 10:17 PM. Reason: Understand that it feel unusual, however most ME’s have their battery in the front, and often at least one fuse box.

Comment

They are testing these thing. The purpose is to stress them to the point of fatigue, failure and collapse. It is a good thing. This is the only way to create $500K performance and sell it for $50K. It is all good. Let all failures be discover in testing.

Comment

I wouldn’t call being towed away 2 times in 2 years or more a huge problem. It could be completely unrelated to the first incident. Electrical stuff will leave you for dead without warning!

Comment

Why the failure to start? A very interesting question raised by jagamajajaran, after his first comment that this time its inability to re-start could well not be at all related to the first time last year.

However, obviously, from what we have so far seen, is that the only two times the C8 has been towed, both times was after its being parked at a gas station pump. Here is Jag’s question, that might this have something, at least this second time, soemthing to do with an electrically controlled (locked on and off) fuel filler door?

We know of some C7 owners who have had their fuel door locked, refusing to open without drastic measures. Knowing how GM both listens to its customers and also hates repeat warranty claims, perhaps their “fix” for the C8 is still a massive problem. Maybe after one closes the fuel filler door, it auto-locks (until later an inside-the-cabinet, door opening switch is used).

Might the electrical communications software or hardware that could auto-locks the C8’s fuel filler door, be triggering an intermittent but complete electrical system shut down?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X