MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

We are extremely pleased to welcome Kerbeck Corvette as a “Featured Forum Vendor.”

Kerbeck Corvettes has been the # 1 Corvette sales dealership since 1994. We are fortunate and excited that they have joined our MECF family.
2 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
See more
See less

C8 Towed From Gas Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note... why wouldn't GM have a covered transport for these? The last thing you want all over Motor trend is your halo car being towed by Tow-Mater

Comment

We believe you are correct, that the battery is in the front. Perhaps like many GM’s two fuse boxes, and in that case, one in the frunk?
      So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

That’s just one less issue that will make it to production

Comment

surprised that they didn't flatbed it

Comment

Originally posted by Quinten View Post
            That’s just one less issue that will make it to production
            Quinten, very nice. I love your positive attitude.
            So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Dammit they told them to only use TOP TIER FUEL! Can't anybody listen?

Comment

Uh oh....I hope this ends well. I'd hate to see a further delay.

Comment

I don't want to click the Like button on the 1st post

A tow truck lift is a lot quicker to hook & go, and less noticed than a bigger flat bed truck.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
                    oh bummer ... hope you're right about a simple fix John ... sigh!! On an interesting note the "frunk" looks pretty wide.
                    Yeah it may well accommodate our folding chairs. If I can get a small cooler and a couple of suitcases of some sort in the car somewhere too we’re pretty much golden.
                    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                    79 coupe Silver/oyster
                    All one owner
                    Museum lifetime members

Comment

You will be just fine with all the above items and more getting into your C8. We can trust Maximum Bob on this when he said that GM has solved the ME cargo space issue.

Comment

Autoblog’s article on the C8’s inability to start today.

Originally posted by Autoblog
                        Well this is awkward. After years of seeing the mighty mid-engine C8 Chevy Corvette in spy shots rumbling around Michigan and the Nürburgring, we now see it broken down at a gas station. According to the spy photographer, the sports car pulled into the gas station with no issues, but once the occupants were ready to leave, it refused to start. After close to a half hour of trying to start it, it was covered up and a tow truck called to have the 'Vette unceremoniously hauled back to HQ.

Any breakdown of a prototype in public is unfortunate, but this is particularly rough for Chevy since reports have been coming out of development troubles. Most notably are electrical issues, which may have been the cause of this car's breakdown. There have also been reports of chassis flex on the high-horsepower models, though that may have been fixed already.

We still expect the C8 to be revealed this summer. It will likely cost around $70,000 to start, and high horsepower models will probably break the $100,000 mark.
                        https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/14/...s-broken-down/

Comment

Now when we start seeing the tow truck as part of the convoy, then we have a problem ?
                          The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Better that they are going through a ton of testing now before it is released and the first group of buyers start reporting problems. That will really hurt sales which may already be impacted by the FE or nothing crowd.

Comment

I've been told the two Corvette engineers in the photo (standing behind the tow truck) are Kelly Bellore and Devon Blue. Kelly took over for Barb Armbruster as Program Manager and Devon is an Assistant Program Quality manager...

Click image for larger version

Name:	qmgtyesxrwaqha7hjbvv.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	648.2 KB
ID:	29379

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
                                Head scratching. Why are they opening the hood on a mid-engine?
                                Checking the battery terminal connections is one possibility...

It could be as simple as a dead 12V battery. The OE battery in my C7 had to be replaced after just a couple of months (i.e., the battery, not the car, could be the problem here).
                                Last edited by Mobius; 03-14-2019, 03:35 PM.
                                Current Vettes:
                                '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                                '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                                '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                                "Delta t = 23"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X