MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Buy Your ME At MSRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetteStromWing View Post
    Not sure what this talk about MSRP being a good deal is? I ordered my 2015 Z51 in Feb 2014 from Les Stanford, and paid 9% under MSRP. That included the military discount, but doubt that didn't accounted for the entire 9% reduction. Did the NCM delivery in Oct 2014 and drove back to Washington State. A wait of about a year or less might yield the same result? However, as 95% of my miles are on the track, I'm holding out for a possible DOHC, maybe TT. That might make a discount more problematic. Sports car buffs like me are aging quickly, and Gen X/Millineals could not care less. Think the initial first year excitement will wear off and then the discounts will come. Only IMHO.
    A little more than 2 years. They'll be every where.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
      I am reminded of the 1978 Indy Pace Car frenzy. People thought they would be rare collectors items. People bought them just to resell them, hoping to double their money (or more).

The Wall Street Journal Classifieds had sellers offers, often ten or more ads per day.

Then, it turned out, Chevrolet was going to make an Indy Pace Car for every Chevy dealer, and there were thousands of Chevy dealers.
      If you watch the auctions you'll see several and the announcers say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

You may be correct in better deals a year from now, but you are also correct that many of us are aging quickly. It's hard to put a value on an extra year of ownership and enjoyment.
        I had a close friend thinking about a new C5 but held off on the purchase and passed away from a heart attack later that year. His wife told me she wished he had bought it due to the fact she knew he missed out on a few months of extra happiness.
        When your numbers up it's up. I can't hurry up and buy a car because I might die any day.

Comment

I'm willing to pay MSRP for one reason only. Basically getting the car on launch day. Ya, if i wanted to wait a couple of years when they are common place i'd get a deal or could even buy it used and save a few bucks more. But at the end of the day if I wait a couple of years i'll save what... a couple of grand off MSRP? Not enough to make me wait. Right now they are discounting the C7 by ten grand where I live... i'd wait for that kind of savings, but that kind of savings is a long way out IMO.

Comment

Putting a $5000 deposit down over a year ago and waiting until January to take delivery isn't hurrying up to buy. The reality is, every day is a gift which should be enjoyed.

Comment

You guys got any spare change?

Comment

I have purchased my last two Grand Sports from Criswell. I’m not on a waiting list. Does anyone know how long it takes for waiting listers to get satisfied and cars become available to walk ins? Based on C7 experience I guess?
                The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

It depends on every dealers allocation level vs. the amount of C8’s going to be produced, combined with other factors. I would recommend you call Mike Furman@Criswell and ask him your questions. He know the length of his C8 pre-ordering time and date stamped list and his allocation level — and can best answer your question.

Of course as you know, each dealer’s allocation level and length of their pre-ordering list (if they even started such a list), is individually going to be different.

Best of luck.
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I would suggest ordering today with criswell would bring your c8 in between march and may.

i feel confident that would be an educated guess..(probably closer to march )

none of us know for sure but i would take that into consideration.

i believe if you wait until after the july 18th reveal it will be much much much later. This reveal on july 18th is going to light up all those sleeping and itll be the very end of the production run if your lucky at that point.

i recommend calling Mike Furman up and put yourself on his list today or tommorow if you havent done so already especially since you got two grand sports from him already.

i also happen to believe the production capacity of the c8 has been reduced in one shift operation by 20 percent by design....i dont think we will see 10 percent discounts on the c8 in the second or third year as in past years. I happen to believe we will see 5 percent price upgrades each year instead of discounts..gM will just end the second shift at bowling green to exactly meet demand with an optimal 60 day inventory level...

watch Mary Barras team on specialty product incentives (with the exception of the last year of production of course) the corporate edict is sedans and trucks get marketplace incentives to match the competitors but specialty products...i believe GM s new directive is to stay above the fray for longer than what has done in the past.

of course i could be wrong but worst case scenerio Im off and there will be a 10 percent discount as was the case of the c7 at the very end of the first year of production...i just dont think I am though..

i put a reservation in and pricewise I think a ten percent price upgrade over the 2019 c7 z51 mrc coupe is a logical assumption...

i also think if you take delivery and you decide in the first year or two yo dont love the car or you want a c8 z06 ..the residual will be so high...you wouldnt have been able to lease the c8 for a year or two as cheaply...

i think its a win win to roll the dice ...

i like Mike...im just debating do I fly down or just rent a car and drop the rental off at the nearby enterpise remtal car facility...

usually by the time i get to the airport by limo....get the airport early enough for security, board the flight flay down and get a uber from the airport to the dealer...its just easier to just drive down in a rental and drop the rental car off...
                    Last edited by JB; 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• I'm guessing waiting won't save you any money, because they will raise the price each year and bump up the option pricing. The only good reason to wait would be for a model other then base, unless you wait until right before the C9 comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                        I'm willing to pay MSRP for one reason only. Basically getting the car on launch day. Ya, if i wanted to wait a couple of years when they are common place i'd get a deal or could even buy it used and save a few bucks more. But at the end of the day if I wait a couple of years i'll save what... a couple of grand off MSRP? Not enough to make me wait. Right now they are discounting the C7 by ten grand where I live... i'd wait for that kind of savings, but that kind of savings is a long way out IMO.
                        Hell yeah! Perfectly said Sparro! If you love Corvette's and have the money you are going to be sadly disappointed 7/18/19 that you didn't put your money down sooner.

This car is going to be a GLOBAL game changer!!!
                        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Currently have a 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger. On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                          There is the past pattern of increasing Corvettes discounts over time during a generation and the reverse past pattern of price increases over time. How good is anyone here at predicting the future, etc?

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

• All these months later than this was first posted. I tried calling my local dealer 6 times before placing my pre order deposit with MacMulkin. I sure hope I can get a Courtesy delivery to this local dealer who ignored all my calls and inquiries. I will probably get my car before the local dealer even gets one. Some of these dealers are so horrible it amazes me they can even sell anything.

Comment

• Sorry Zora 69 that that was your experience. I too have left explicit messages via voice mail to a salesperson, saying, “I’ve get cash, ready to buy today, call me.” And got nothing in return. So instead I bought from a great salesperson at another dealer. Once again, and this is true of every brand; as we all know, we have to do significant research to know whom to trust — and of course that is not just in the vehicle purchase area.

The top three Corvette dealers have an extensive list of which dealers will do courtesy deliveries, though not in every part of the country. Or post a question up here on MECF. For example, I know of three dealers all within 45 miles of me here in Oregon, who will do a courtesy delivery of a C8.
                              Last edited by John; 07-02-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                                Good question. I will answer as best as we know now. We thank you for joining our forum!

The short answer to your question is that most of the dealers with large allocations are located in the eastern half of the country. And unfortunately, and while there are nice exceptions, a higher percentage of dealers who charge over list are located IMO in some of the areas you are referring to. Hopefully a member can help you answer your specific question.

At the same time, I live in Oregon, and have bought my last three Corvettes and already placed my deposit for my C8 with east coast dealers. Are you aware of such programs as courtesy delivery, museum delivery and similar? I got my C7 via courtesy delivery, and will be getting my C8 that way, each for a $350 “handling charge.” Here’s some info which might be useful to you in those regards.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...pickup-options

Please free free to private message me should you wish; I would be very glad to help you move down the dealership path you would like.
                                Hi John, Who do you recommend as a dealer close or relatively to the area just north of Los Angeles?
                                What would be the cost of a courtesy delivery from a dealer such as Kerbeck or Criswell to this area? Which courtesy dealers do you recommend?
                                Is it advisable to put in a deposit at more than one dealer to ensure that I get a C-8?
                                I have been investigating dealers in the entire southern California area, even down to San Diego. All say there may be a charge on top of MSRP, so I have been looking at the top three dealers which are on the east coast. I am looking for a reputable dealer that will sell at MSRP and give great service, while minimizing any transportation charges
                                Thank you

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X