MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Buy Your ME At MSRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is more of how I'm feeling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8BF151E7-0D60-4F8C-BD25-476CBE1AF78C.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	36105

Last edited by Nitrobrother; 05-13-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3308.PNG
Views:	224
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	36150
      Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
      No longer there? My search did not find. Much more likely it's a scam.
      Here it is again. This was an email I received from eBay for something I didn't even bid on....
      A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post
        Congratulations Sparro, I've been tempted to check out Niblett if the local dealers don't pan out. Did Niblett agree to sell at MSRP?
        Hi, yes WN will be selling at MSRP. I contacted OMS in Oshawa and was told they only got 3 C7 allocations so I wanted to go with the biggest vette dealer in the GTA to insure I get the car.
        Last edited by Sparro; 05-13-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

You're ahead of me. My deposit was Feb '18 but given the dealers volume I'm OK with being #3. It will be interesting for us to compare schedules later. I'm really after a convertible, so depending on their manufacturing plan I could be later. Hoping the reveal includes info on the 'vert.
          I'm down for a vert as well.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Welcome BYBY4RE! We are glad you joined our forum. Thanks for your first post already being helpful to others.
            Thanks for the warm welcome John. A quick calculation says I am 1522 days so I am a few days behind you. All those people that thought I was crazy for the early C8 deposit are jealous now!

Comment

Great for all who are wanting one, that GM decided to add a second shift.
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Not sure what this talk about MSRP being a good deal is? I ordered my 2015 Z51 in Feb 2014 from Les Stanford, and paid 9% under MSRP. That included the military discount, but doubt that didn't accounted for the entire 9% reduction. Did the NCM delivery in Oct 2014 and drove back to Washington State. A wait of about a year or less might yield the same result? However, as 95% of my miles are on the track, I'm holding out for a possible DOHC, maybe TT. That might make a discount more problematic. Sports car buffs like me are aging quickly, and Gen X/Millineals could not care less. Think the initial first year excitement will wear off and then the discounts will come. Only IMHO.
                Last edited by VetteStromWing; 05-16-2019, 12:20 AM.
                2015 Z51 Stingray
                2018 Honda Goldwing
                2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

Originally posted by VetteStromWing View Post
                  Sports car buffs like me are aging quickly, and Gen X/Millineals could not care less.
                  Ah, the 'ol millineal is killing ______ argument. Nothing like lumping us all in one large group. While I personally despise that label, as I don't think the stereotypes pertain to me at all, this one has owned 15 vehicles Not one group is to blame. I blame the rise of the small SUV and CUV. I have plenty of friends my age who own / still care about sports cars.

Comment

Not sure what this talk about MSRP being a good deal is? I ordered my 2015 Z51 in Feb 2014 from Les Stanford, and paid 9% under MSRP. That included the military discount, but doubt that didn't accounted for the entire 9% reduction. Did the NCM delivery in Oct 2014 and drove back to Washington State. A wait of about a year or less might yield the same result? However, as 95% of my miles are on the track, I'm holding out for a possible DOHC, maybe TT. That might make a discount more problematic. Sports car buffs like me are aging quickly, and Gen X/Millineals could not care less. Think the initial first year excitement will wear off and then the discounts will come. Only IMHO.
                    You may be correct in better deals a year from now, but you are also correct that many of us are aging quickly. It's hard to put a value on an extra year of ownership and enjoyment.
                    I had a close friend thinking about a new C5 but held off on the purchase and passed away from a heart attack later that year. His wife told me she wished he had bought it due to the fact she knew he missed out on a few months of extra happiness.

Comment

I'm 50, not sure generation that puts me in. But this will be the second vehicle i'd be paying MSRP for to get it early, the first was in 2003 when i got one of the first Hummer H2s. I don't like paying MSRP, I always negotiate a discount when buying cars and never buy into the BS most dealers talk when buying cars. I'm sure if I wanted to wait year or so they will be giving discounts... hell even lambo and ferrari dealers will give you a discount so this will not be any different, but if you want it out of the gate then you gonna pay.

Comment

If I pass before taking delivery on my next real Corvette, I am having this Corvette floral tribute at my service

Click image for larger version

Name:	red-corvette-fruneral.425.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	36499

Comment

Welcome VetteStromWing! Glad you joined us. Good points you have raised. You are a consummate track person; we welcome your expertise and experience!
                          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Having survived, in fact thrived as a result of open heart surgery about seven years ago, being on the right side of the grass every day is a wonderful feeling. If what we leave to our kids is a little less because we bought an extra Corvette, or because we chose to buy our last few at MSRP to get them the first year, hell our kids (now in their early 40’s lol), sure will be getting more than they need (or expected). Maybe they will inherit a lightly used Corvette?

Today is another day to enjoy! As will be the process of early a very early produced C8.

Comment

Exactly. My open heart surgery was six years ago, and my kids couldn't possibly care less about what I have in the garage or the house (I also play bass and have a pretty comprehensive collection) so I live for this day and try to enjoy each one I'm given. YMMV and all that different perspective world view stuff applies, so don't judge if my opinion differs from yours. I'm going to enjoy my C8 until I can no longer do so and then get my Corolla and retire to Sun City!

Comment

The real Milliwatt Rob, a morbidly thrifty miser i know, earned little and spent even less. Two years in a nursing home without insurance wiped him out. He should have spent more when he had his health.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X