MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Buy Your ME At MSRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am reminded of the 1978 Indy Pace Car frenzy. People thought they would be rare collectors items. People bought them just to resell them, hoping to double their money (or more).

The Wall Street Journal Classifieds had sellers offers, often ten or more ads per day.

Then, it turned out, Chevrolet was going to make an Indy Pace Car for every Chevy dealer, and there were thousands of Chevy dealers.

Comment

It's done guys. Went into Wilson Niblett Motors (Canada's largest Corvette dealer) in the Toronto area and laid down my $5000 deposit on a C8 allocation. Now the wait begins...

Comment

Congratulations Sparro. BIG excitement ahead for you!
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
          It's done guys. Went into Wilson Niblett Motors (Canada's largest Corvette dealer) in the Toronto area and laid down my $5000 deposit on a C8 allocation. Now the wait begins...
          I believe that Wilson got overtaken by my dealer, Brian Cullen, #1 selling dealer in Canada they claim, and did switch to this banner this year, but who knows? I'm #3 on their list. Does Wilson have a list? It will be interesting for us to compare notes when order time draws near. Any other Canadians here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 4.47.45 AM.png Views:	6 Size:	805.9 KB ID:	35855

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 05-11-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

I believe that Wilson got overtaken by my dealer, Brian Cullen, #1 selling dealer in Canada they claim, and did switch to this banner this year, but who knows? I'm #3 on their list. Does Wilson have a list? It will be interesting for us to compare notes when order time draws near. Any other Canadians here?

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 4.47.45 AM.png Views:	6 Size:	805.9 KB ID:	35855

Hope you both get timely delivery. 🤞
            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 4.47.45 AM.png Views:	6 Size:	805.9 KB ID:	35855

That's the thing with these dealers. They all make the claim, but how do we really know? I was told they got 38 allocations for the C7 and that they are expecting a minimum of 38 but possibly more for the C8. Yes, they have a list, they claim i'm number 18 on it but I honestly don't know if I believe that but they did say I will be in the first run for sure.
              As to delivery, he did tell me the factory would most likely deliver during the winter months but if they did they would keep it in their heated storage facility until the winter is over. I'm not expecting mine till at least April 2020.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of Wilson Niblett's Corvette page...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post
                  Here's a screenshot of Wilson Niblett's Corvette page...
                  I see that they don't claim to be #1 in sales, just #1.

I don't know how many Cullen sold, but I do know that they had over 30 in stock over the winter, then put in an order for another 23 in March.

The demographics of the Niagara region are just about perfect for a Corvette dealer. Flocks of exiles from Toronto, Mississauga and Oakville with money to burn after selling their overpriced real estate and settling here. Like me.

Comment

Doesn't really matter to me just as long as I get my car... lol. I'll be servicing it at my local dealer anyway.

Comment

Congratulations Sparro, I've been tempted to check out Niblett if the local dealers don't pan out. Did Niblett agree to sell at MSRP?

Comment

[QUOTE=Bikerjulio;n35854]

Calgary here. I put my C8 deposit down in March 2015 and I am #1 on their list. I was one of the first retail C7 Z06 deliveries in Canada so I am confident to have my C8 in spring 2020. My understanding is GM does not ship vettes to Canada until March so I expect that will be the earliest we will see the C8 north of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by BYBY4RE View Post
                          Calgary here. I put my C8 deposit down in March 2015 and I am #1 on their list. I was one of the first retail C7 Z06 deliveries in Canada so I am confident to have my C8 in spring 2020. My understanding is GM does not ship vettes to Canada until March so I expect that will be the earliest we will see the C8 north of the border.
                          You're ahead of me. My deposit was Feb '18 but given the dealers volume I'm OK with being #3. It will be interesting for us to compare schedules later. I'm really after a convertible, so depending on their manufacturing plan I could be later. Hoping the reveal includes info on the 'vert.

Comment

Welcome BYBY4RE! We are glad you joined our forum. Thanks for your first post already being helpful to others.
                            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Put down my deposit last Friday and am numero uno on my local dealer list. They promised me the first one they can get. Not sure what their allocation will be. Now the wait REALLY begins !!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum vettekat. CONGRATULATIONS on getting onto your dealer’s list as their # 1. You sure are right, that now the waiting begins; I personally understand, and at day # 1,563 since our deposit went in.

And while we are counting, LOL, only 66 days until its reveal.

Glad you joined us!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X