MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official 7.18.19 Livestream Reveal URL Site! Tustin Reveal Site Updates & Weather. Watch The Reveal on Your TV Using A Windows Laptop

7.18.19 Official Livestream URL Site: https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette

7.18.19 Tustin Updates and Weather: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ather-forecast

Watch The Reveal On Your TV Using a Windows Laptop: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...windows-laptop
See more
See less

Buy Your ME At MSRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Looks like the big 3 are on the east coast. Are there any dealers in the west/southwest that will be offering the C8 at MSRP and have “large allocations”?

    Comment


    • #32
      Good question. I will answer as best as we know now. We thank you for joining our forum!

      The short answer to your question is that most of the dealers with large allocations are located in the eastern half of the country. And unfortunately, and while there are nice exceptions, a higher percentage of dealers who charge over list are located IMO in some of the areas you are referring to. Hopefully a member can help you answer your specific question.

      At the same time, I live in Oregon, and have bought my last three Corvettes and already placed my deposit for my C8 with east coast dealers. Are you aware of such programs as courtesy delivery, museum delivery and similar? I got my C7 via courtesy delivery, and will be getting my C8 that way, each for a $350 “handling charge.” Here’s some info which might be useful to you in those regards.

      https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...pickup-options

      Please free free to private message me should you wish; I would be very glad to help you move down the dealership path you would like.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

      Comment


      • #33
        The biggest rip off that dealers have been getting away with for years is the DOC fees. I think they started when the Japanese started selling big over here. Hey It isn't an extra work duty filling out the paperwork that's why they have employees to do that stuff. Complete rip off

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Z06Mandy View Post
          I DID IT !!!!!

          Paid my deposit today and I am No. 1 on the ME ordering list of my Chevy dealer (No. 12 US wide Corvette Seller) !!!! Got my confirmation for MSRP
          You have the right to pay what ever you want for anything you buy. What ever makes you happy and satisfied with the deal

          Comment


          • #35
            Mike Furman has had my CC on file since Feb 2018. Hopefully I'm not too far down the list!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Just_a_guy View Post
              Looks like the big 3 are on the east coast. Are there any dealers in the west/southwest that will be offering the C8 at MSRP and have “large allocations”?
              Forget about Albuquerque! All the dealers markup desirable cars, throw in extra fees, and refuse to order a car so you will buy what they have in stock. I think they cater to buyers who are begging for financing and only care about the monthly payment.

              My last two cars were an ‘11 Jeep and a ‘16 Ram, but I had to go out of state to be able to order exactly the car I wanted, and got a $500 over invoice internet price as dealer policy. No negotiation required.

              The deal went smoothly, but I asked the salesman about the same deal on the recently released at the time Hellcat and he only smiled because they had only received 8 cars to sell. Those cars went to very good local customers. He said one customer bought two!

              Comment


              • #37
                I helped a person in my previous life as Exec Mod (volunteer) at Stingrayforums who lived in the southwest, who was about to sign a month after the C7 came out, a MSRP +$10,000 deal with her local dealer. The day before signing that contract, she decided to contact me; I put her in touch with one of the big three, who sold her one at sticker, one that was on their lots, and even with her paying freight, she saved around $8,000. She was a very happy camper, as was I, and of course I never get a referral fee.I helped roughly 200 SRF members get their C7 at sticker when they were in initial, very tight demand.

                This forum is a good way for us to help each other. There are many fair and honest dealers out there. But as we know, many who are not and are greedy and or worse. One of the biggest problems with the Stingray was during its first six months and the same for the Z06, for during that same six initial months (especially for the Z07 version), were dealers who told folks, “no problem I can get you one with my allocations,” but out and out lied, and months later the customer was still waiting for their dealer to come through. Again, referrals to the big three and to other dealers who sell at sticker and who truly have allocation, is how we can assist other MECF members.

                Conversely, I give kudos to small dealers who when their demand exceeded their C7 allocations, were totally honest with their customers, telling them such things as “I do not know have allocation for your car now but I will in “x” months.” Kudos to those smaller dealers that do likewise during initial C8 2020 ordering, during initial Z06 ordering, etc. during those times when their C8 demand exceeds their allocations.
                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Thank you John. I’m sure your above post will be very helpful to those folks who will be new to the Corvette family.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by John View Post
                    Good question. I will answer as best as we know now. We thank you for joining our forum!

                    The short answer to your question is that most of the dealers with large allocations are located in the eastern half of the country. And unfortunately, and while there are nice exceptions, a higher percentage of dealers who charge over list are located IMO in some of the areas you are referring to. Hopefully a member can help you answer your specific question.

                    At the same time, I live in Oregon, and have bought my last three Corvettes and already placed my deposit for my C8 with east coast dealers. Are you aware of such programs as courtesy delivery, museum delivery and similar? I got my C7 via courtesy delivery, and will be getting my C8 that way, each for a $350 “handling charge.” Here’s some info which might be useful to you in those regards.

                    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...pickup-options

                    Please free free to private message me should you wish; I would be very glad to help you move down the dealership path you would like.
                    At least one of the forum dealers (and maybe more) will also arrange to have your Corvette shipped, in an enclosed truck, from the dealership to your location. Don't know how the cost would compare to courtesy delivery.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                    Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >33,000+ miles

                    Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Most courtesy deliveries charges are around $350, some even less, yet some up to a $750 (thankfully rarely), and with shipping to the west coast typically $2,000-$3,000, we know who the price winner is.

                      My dealer does my courtesy deliveries for $350. There is another one, 40 miles away in a different direction, who does it for $250, a third one even closer who also who will do it for $250, but I want my suburb Tech to do the PDI on my car, well worth the extra hundred to me (and I also tip my Tech $100 when he does a PDI for me).

                      Most of the big three have a network of courtesy delivery dealers on their computers to refer you to — but perhaps the courtesy delivery dealer they are aware of might not be as close to you as other dealers that they not know about, e.g., I initially contacted many local dealers to find who would accept a courtesy delivery (it is a discretionary choice each dealer gets to make).
                      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by John View Post

                        Shepherd777, you will be treated excellently by them. They did a superb job in placing, handling, executing my 2015 Z06 order.
                        I have a deposit with them also and that's great to hear John

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

                          At least one of the forum dealers (and maybe more) will also arrange to have your Corvette shipped, in an enclosed truck, from the dealership to your location. Don't know how the cost would compare to courtesy delivery.
                          Sometimes they have "sister" locations were they reciprocate and accommodate deliveries. I got my Les Sanford 7L C6 Z06 shipped to San Bernardino, Ca. for like 500

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'm SURE I'll find exactly what I want from a dealer's inventory when the time is right. Happens every time

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by John View Post
                              Most courtesy deliveries charges are around $350, some even less, yet some up to a $750 (thankfully rarely), and with shipping to the west coast typically $2,000-$3,000, we know who the price winner is.

                              My dealer does my courtesy deliveries for $350. There is another one, 40 miles away in a different direction, who does it for $250, a third one even closer who also who will do it for $250, but I want my suburb Tech to do the PDI on my car, well worth the extra hundred to me (and I also tip my Tech $100 when he does a PDI for me).

                              Most of the big three have a network of courtesy delivery dealers on their computers to refer you to — but perhaps the courtesy delivery dealer they are aware of might not be as close to you as other dealers that they not know about, e.g., I initially contacted many local dealers to find who would accept a courtesy delivery (it is a discretionary choice each dealer gets to make).
                              It's time to start talking to those local Corvette Technicians.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Personally flying in or renting a car for a one way trip, driving up and enjoying that fabulous corvette adventure home is the best...

                                some of my best memories are that first drive home from picking up a new corvette...

                                i usually keep it around 4 or 5 hours away thankfully...

                                ive never done a courtesy delivery yet it does have its advantages and 350 dollars does sound reasonable...

                                good to know.

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X