MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 4 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 4 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
4 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
See more
See less

Buy Your ME At MSRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    I think it is highly unlikely that GM would tell us the C8’s price before the reveal. They have never done that.

As to when the price is released, would it be approximately or exact? We do not know for GM has done it both ways. I am thinking they will probably make some sort of generic/approximate pricing statement at the reveal. IMO, it will be Tadge saying, “if you could afford a 2019 Grand Sport, you can afford a 2020 C8,” though it is important to note some others strongly disagree with my price prediction.

Then, thereafter they would release the exact price.

Or, they could release the exact entry price at the reveal.
    Thanks, I hope your right because it keeps me in the ballpark.

Comment

In past generations it has been first the reveal, then the color and option codes, then orders accepted into the system, then prices released. Obviously some buyers were hesitant to order with prices unknown but orders can always be changed while awaiting production. Many of the anxious early adopters tend to order lots of options regardless of price.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmatt View Post
        I'm glad to hear that these dealers are honest and up front on their sales tactics and not charging over MSRP. In most cases, a little patience and good negotiation will get you the vehicle you want for under MSRP. I suppose there is always the potential premium price to pay for some, for being the first to have an ME in their drive way!.
        WOW I really appreciate some dealers not selling the C8 over sticker. I don't pay sticker or over sticker. You are correct they'll be dealing them.

Comment

Like the optimism, but the only way they are going under sticker at the beginning is either your family owns the dealership or you have patience, more patience and more patience than that and are willing to wait, then wait some more.

I am already aware of dealers who are already talking about above MSRP with “market adjustment.” If this car is as hot as many believe, going to take patience X 4. But for those who are willing to wait, as always for every Corvette generation, they will at some time go under MSRP.
          So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Sure some will gouge all they can but the smart dealers realize they'll have a customer that comes back if treated fairly. They might buy a truck or another vehicle. Take advantage of them and they won't come back.

Comment

Ford dealerships are the worst in the world. They put ADMs on thunderbirds , Shelby’s and past Ford GTs. Glad Chevy dealers don’t play these money games. Heck I even used my GM card bonus money on C7 when it first hit the Streets in Hot 🥵 Lanta . Can’t wait to try that again on the C8. Hopefully

Comment

Here's an "old" man story. My neighbor owned a Chevrolet dealership His family sold Frigidaire (remember that name) and batteries way back when and Chevrolets. When he took over the dealership at 32 years old he would order a Corvette for himself every year (guess who got the bug at 16?). Until he died he sold every Corvette for $500 over invoice. $500. Think of it no tricks. The car would come in one day they would service it. Gone the next. No fuss no muss. He never thought about making more just a straight up deal. He knew how much the car meant to the buyer and didn't try to take advantage. Other dealers in "the region" would say stuff like "well I can get $1000 or $1500 from another dealer". OK do it but the cars just sat on the lot. Sure miss that guy.

Comment

not selling above MSRP has been a requirement for years for listed dealers on corvette forum. no reason this should be any different for our new mid engine corvette forum. besides, within a year, most will be discounting by 5-10 % just to remain in business

Comment

MECF does not dictate pricing to our vendors. As we will have some vendors who are/will be re-sellers of at least some of their products, we will not dictate, nor even ask about their profit margins. Also, I just talked to a very, very knowledgeable and involved person at Corvetteforum, and he is unaware of a CF requirement of their dealership vendors “not selling above MSRP.”

At the same time already, Criswell, MacMulkin, and Kerbeck have stated in writing that they will not charge over MSRP — nor have they ever since at least the C6 sales started and most probably before that.

I agree that at some point, dictated by the market, there will be the start of C8 discounting. Will that be after six months, a year or more, that will depend on what we all know — demand versus supply. As we do not know GM’s plans as to how many they will make at any point during the C8 run, nor demand, it is sure impossible for us to predict anything.
                    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I DID IT !!!!!

Paid my deposit today and I am No. 1 on the ME ordering list of my Chevy dealer (No. 12 US wide Corvette Seller) !!!! Got my confirmation for MSRP

Comment

Originally posted by conmax View Post
                        not selling above MSRP has been a requirement for years for listed dealers on corvette forum. no reason this should be any different for our new mid engine corvette forum. besides, within a year, most will be discounting by 5-10 % just to remain in business
                        A lot of official GM dealers offered the ZR1 way above MSRP - I was looking for a friend and they offered between 5 and 15K $ over list price and for anyone visible at Autotrader.com

Comment

Mandy, that is terrific! Congratulations! You are going to get your C8 very early in its production cycle!

When I watched my Z06 be built the first week of production via my Buyers Tours, in the short breaks, I was able to find several other member’s cars not far from mine. I hope to do identically, so down the road after around status 3300 status acceptance when we know our VINS, we will create a thread for exclusively that purpose.

I can not recommend you consider Mandy (and all) getting a Buyers Tours for your C8. It was the highest excitement point of my C6 and also for my C7. I hope others consider this program too. Here’s our thread on it, on Museum Delivery and Building Your Motor programs.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...your-own-motor

Comment

Thanks John

Now I can start to configure my - hopefully soon - new born baby That will be my weekend "work"

I am thinking of a Museum pickup - but it's so far to Fort Myers. We'll see
                            Last edited by Z06Mandy; 04-09-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Here’s a thread with folks’ chosen specs if you choose. And of course LOL, we all get to choose and change right until the very last minute.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hosen-me-specs

Sent you a PM.

John

Comment

Yeah Mandy. I too am super excited for you. In fact your news created excitement that C8 movement is starting to happen.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X