MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

2 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild California Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

3 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

4 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
See more
See less

C8 Video winter testing, new spoiler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbytinvab View Post
    Hey John ... I want a subscription to the "little birdies net"
    I guess that would make Varys a more appropriate nomenclature than Elegant/John

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...elyn-birds.gif

btw on a separate note, this web site is a breath of fresh air compared to that "other" forum where there is a lot of hostility and bad manners.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by z8ro; 01-22-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Most sightings means getting closer...

Comment

Originally posted by Motor1
        Mid-Engined Corvette Spied In The Snow Wearing A New Spoiler
        SPY SHOTS

JAN 22, 2019 at 12:11PM
        Christopher Smith
        BY: CHRISTOPHER SMITH The encounter was brief, but it revealed a couple new details.

News on the mid-engined Corvette front has been quiet side lately, but our friends atMidEngineCorvetteForum.com happened upon a new spy video posted yesterday by Corvette Nut on YouTube. Before you click the video above to see the action, please note there’s an F-bomb dropped in the clip. Also, there’s some shrill laughter towards the end that could annoy co-workers, or at the very least, alert your boss that you’re watching videos instead of working on that monthly report. Either way, discretion is advised. See The C8 Renders:

Mid-Engined Corvette Detailed In New 360-Degree Rendering

Mid-Engined Corvette Shows Its Size In Side-By-Side Comparison
        It’s not the best look we’ve had of Chevy’s new supercar, but it does give us some fresh details to ponder. There’s a small lip spoiler at the rear that we haven’t seen before, and unless there’s some strange reflection occurring on hard edges around the headlights, the car seems to be sporting LED daytime running strips just above the main projectors.
        Mid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy Screenshot
        6 Photos
        Mid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy ScreenshotMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy ScreenshotMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy ScreenshotMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy ScreenshotMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy ScreenshotMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette Spy Screenshot
        This tester is still wearing lots of bulky camouflage up front as well. We’ve seen other spy photos that show considerably less frontal area, with smaller intake openings that angle neatly under the car. This head-on view also gives us a different perspective on those large side intakes. In short, we can hardly see them, save for when the videographer steps outside for a better look. Perhaps those openings aren’t as massive as side-on shots make them out to be. MidEngineCorvetteForum.com has some interesting discussion taking place about this video that’s worth a read as well. See The C8 Patents:

Patent Application Suggests Corvette Could Get Power Doors

Mid-Engined Corvette Hatch Cover Exposed In Patent Application
        Obviously, the Detroit Auto Show came and went without the slightest hint of Corvettenews. Current thought is that the car will arrive in a few months, either at the New York Auto Show or possibly at a stand-alone event in late spring. This all hinges around whether the reports of electrical problems in prototypes are delaying the reveal. Previous C8 Sightings:

Mid-Engined Corvette Spied Briefly On Michigan Highway

Mid-Engined Chevy Corvette Race Car Spied Track Testing At Night
        In the meantime, Chevrolet is slated to reveal a new model of the current C7 Corvettelater this week at Daytona, ahead of the famous Rolex 24 endurance race. You can also check out some exceptional fan renderings below of what the new C8 might look like when it finally breaks cover later this year.

Source: Corvette Nut via YouTube, MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

https://www.motor1.com/news/302171/m...-snow-spoiler/
        So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I think we saw the lip spoiler earlier when the car was posing in that Detroit area park, but it had some camo over it.

Looks very similar to the one on my C6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=19815&amp;d=1545277065.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	24015
          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-22-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks BikerJulio for posting that picture here.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Looking better and better. Would it not be even better when GM removes all that padding that is still below the zebra vinyl so we can actually see the body’s final contours.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Thanks BikerJulio for posting that picture here.
                I wonder if I can get one in "camo" I'm so used to seeing that scheme.

Comment

An even shorter video, but great side view while it is stopped, thanks to Enufpower.

Comment

An even shorter video, but great side view while it is stopped, thanks to Enufpower.

Boy that makes the front look really short.
                    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                    79 coupe Silver/oyster
                    All one owner
                    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Yes, the front of the car is short.

Name:	C1DA3975-CB5A-4EEF-AD57-39F42D5C79FA.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	24033Click image for larger version

Name:	D0D7F03E-2FEE-4D6A-86E2-BD475DB64480.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	24034

Comment

Yes, the front of the car is short.

Name:	C1DA3975-CB5A-4EEF-AD57-39F42D5C79FA.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	24033Click image for larger version

Name:	D0D7F03E-2FEE-4D6A-86E2-BD475DB64480.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	24034
                        Yes I knew it was, that video just seems to exaggerate it to me.
                        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post

I wonder if I can get one in "camo" I'm so used to seeing that scheme.
                          I suspect you could get it wrapped in a very similar pattern if you wanted.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

The engineers must be testing the C8's cooling by the appearance (front grille) of the car in post 18. Which is interesting because months ago at the track (post 25) the C8's grille appeared finished.

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post
                              The engineers must be testing the C8's cooling by the appearance (front grille) of the car in post 18. Which is interesting because months ago at the track (post 25) the C8's grille appeared finished.
                              Will that front grill serve as cooling for anything other than brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post

Will that front grill serve as cooling for anything other than brakes?
                                Since Toyota MR2 had a radiator in the front I assumed that the C8 would have a radiator in the front.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X