MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

GM Has Told Us That The Mid Engine C8 Is Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest that at the ME’s reveal that GM say three things, that 1) the ME only comes with a DCT; 2) no soft top convertible has been even planned; and, 3) starting January, 2020 (or whenver that date is), once we start producing ME, no more front engine Corvettes are on their way..That would inspire many of the 22% who drive manuals, many of the 8% who love their soft top convertibles as well as those who greatly prefer the FE’s look to the ME’s, to hurry up and go buy their FE while still available. And add in one more thing, we are closing new order capability on the FE 45 days from now.

I think those things would soak up some of the 8,000 unsold Corvettes now on the lots and inspire immediate, additional C7 new orders. However, IMO, since we are now smack dab in the middle of winter in much of the country and Corvette buying is currently around 46 per average work day (with exactly twice that being made), if the reveal is not until say mid April, there could well another 2,000-3,000 more unsold Corvettes by NYAS (more if the reveal were later).

Srtill thinking that even after 90 days of the above, again assuming such an announcement were made, that just like the end of the C6 era, GM is going to need to directly-customer-benefit every new Corvette sale with a $10,000 bill.
    Last edited by John; 01-21-2019, 05:02 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

If I have to give up the open air experience of a roadster to get into a ME, it might be "no deal" for me. I suspect there will be a retractable top at some point in the model run,

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I suggest that at the ME’s reveal that GM say three things, that 1) the ME only comes with a DCT; 2) no soft top convertible has been even planned; and, 3) starting January, 2020 (or whenver that date is), once we start producing ME, no more front engine Corvettes are on their way..That would inspire many of the 22% who drive manuals, many of the 8% who love their soft top convertibles as well as those who greatly prefer the FE’s look to the ME’s, to hurry up and go buy their FE while still available. And add in one more thing, we are closing new order capability on the FE 45 days from now.

I think those things would soak up some of the 8,000 unsold Corvettes now on the lots and inspire immediate, additional C7 new orders. However, IMO, since we are now smack dab in the middle of winter in much of the country and Corvette buying is currently around 46 per average work day (with exactly twice that being made), if the reveal is not until say mid April, there could well another 2,000-3,000 more unsold Corvettes by NYAS (more if the reveal were later).

Srtill thinking that even after 90 days of the above, again assuming such an announcement were made, that just like the end of the C6 era, GM is going to need to directly-customer-benefit every new Corvette sale with a $10,000 bill.
        I agree but don’t know why they keep pumping out C7’s.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Yes, gonna do the "blade silver" if thats what its called then. Hides the dirt, gleams in the sun. Considered red interior but figure I'm going with "light grey" again.
          Light grey interior with blade silver is a very sophisticated look.

Comment

Could well be Blade Silver Metallic with a dark red interior (such as Spice Red) for us. However, as many have posted, going to need to see the C8 in person in different colors before choosing.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Light grey interior with blade silver is a very sophisticated look.
              Sorry but I just don’t like the grey interior.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

So nice we are going to have plenty of interior choices. For those of us doing long road trips, a very light color would not work. We will go to either a medium or to a dark color as we always do for that very reason.

Comment

I’ll basically agree. We have light oak in our 01 and adrenaline in the 15. We travel as much as we can and these two work for us.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                  79 coupe Silver/oyster
                  All one owner
                  Museum lifetime members

Comment

More proof C8 Exists!

2016 Stingray Z51 (TPW 8/3): Laguna Blue/Black (Wheels & Badges), M7, Mag Ride
                    Instagram: carguy_11
                    Facebook: CarGuy11 YouTube
                    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CarGuy11C7

Comment

^^^I still think it's a ME Cadillac.
                      Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                      "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Thanks CarGuy11. The entry year mid engine was, design-wise, 100% completed during Ed Welburn’s leadership. Michael Simcoe’s becoming the head of GM Global Design will have his design influences/changes starting on the Z06 version of the ME.
                        Last edited by John; 02-10-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	9807C5AD-F2AB-4D78-99FF-04AC806A04B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	26350
                          The C8 better get here soon !!! The wait made me go out and get one of these for now.
                          I’m starting to like my weekend toy.
                          2016 Jaguar F Type R convertible. 550hp 5.0 DOHC V8 with DI and all wheel drive. 3.3 and 11.6 quarter at 121.5 mph . ( MT 2016) 8 speed auto lighting quick shifts .Torque vectoring for handling the corners. Magna adjustable shocks. Dynamic mode for the track . Still has 27 months left on the basic warranty. All this for $60K and 11K miles on her. Since Ford sold Jaguar it’s a different car company and getting back to its roots.

Common GM get that C8 on the streets before people start looking around. There is more then Porsche out there also.
                          Last edited by MikeC8; 02-13-2019, 06:59 AM.
                          2016 Jaguar F type R. 550 hp. AW drive. convertible. Weekend toy.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                            Click image for larger version Name:	9807C5AD-F2AB-4D78-99FF-04AC806A04B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	26350
                            The C8 better get here soon !!! The wait made me go out and get one of these for now.
                            2016 Jaguar F Type R convertible. 550hp 5.0 DOHC V8 with DI and all wheel drive. 3.3 and 11.6 quarter at 121.5 mph . ( MT 2016) 8 speed auto lighting quick shifts .Torque vectoring for handling the corners. Magna adjustable shocks. Dynamic mode for the track . Still has 27 months left on the basic warranty. All this for $60K and 11K miles on her. Since Ford sold Jaguar it’s a different car company and getting back to its roots.

Common GM get that C8 on the streets before people start looking around. There is more then Porsche out there also.
                            I’m about to buy a Lamborghini, life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC8 View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	9807C5AD-F2AB-4D78-99FF-04AC806A04B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	26350

I like the F Type but quality concerns me

Comment

That is one good looking car! I totally agree with you guys to buy what you want - when you want it! I am growing very impatient with the circus being perpetrated on the car buying public as well. There is a sports car in my future but I'm still not sure which one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin DB11.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	26360

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X