MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

2 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild California Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

3 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

4 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
See more
See less

GM Has Told Us That The Mid Engine C8 Is Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well the Mustang GT 500 was finally revealed and before the C8. But the C8 may still be delivered actually customer delivered as soon or sooner. After the Ford GT's early reveal there was a 2 year wait to delivery, and who has even seen one yet. Or can even buy the myth. NSX reveal to delivery time?

    The perfect timing would be reveal and the very first customer delivery that same day. No wait. Instant on reveal delivery. So maybe we will be gifted with soon-after-reveal-delivery.

    It may turn out to be a fun timing sequence.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 01-17-2019, 08:38 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

      The perfect timing would be reveal and the very first customer delivery that same day. No wait. Instant on reveal delivery. So maybe we will be gifted with soon-after-reveal-delivery.

      It may turn out to be a fun timing sequence.
      SheepDog, maybe they are taking a page from Apple’s playbook. Do the reveal and be able to start placing your order - I like it!

      Comment


      • #18
        That of course wiould involve GM not making the first “batch” of ME’s as customers individually would want/spec them, instead GM making hundreds and shipping them out to dealers and dealers trying to sell from stock (GM predicting what would initially sell well).

        While a very intriguing idea, and might have worked well in the days of very few options, that there will still need because 90% of Corvette owner custom order their Corvettes, at least a three month wait between announcment, ordering choosing, and then custom-Corvette manufacturing.

        Of course three months would be radically different than the typical now eight month process. Again, very interesting thought.

        If for example, GM were to make the first 500 ME as only special edition Corvettes, with identically and highly-loaded components, different only by color choices, such as the now intriguing “split window special edition,” might be do-able....

        Intersesting, intriging and imaginable. Thought realistic?
        So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

        Comment


        • #19
          My career included a lot of trying to figure out what a corporation was planning to do, while not making any announcements concerning their plans.

          One of the things we used to do is look at the public announcements of likely suppliers, contractors, and sub contractors, who often had loose lips of projects they were working on.

          Recently, Tremec put out some information about a 7 speed DCT that would have application in the GT500 and a mid engine GM car. This to me was the tip off that some mid engine car with a high output engine was coming out of GM soon.

          Comment


          • #20
            Thanks Rob. This supplier announcment was another key one for me:

            https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...cale-me-motors

            I would love to have Cosworth heads (and more in my C8 Z06’s motor).
            So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

            Comment


            • #21
              Hello everyone, I made a video about this topic tonight and wanted to share it with you all!
               

              Comment


              • #22
                Thanks. We also have 10 CAD drawings, the two pictures of the front and rear fascia of the car taken within BGA (improperly I might add), and about 200 spy pictures all confirming the C8 is coming. It will be revealed this year. As some of us have waited six decades for the mid engine Corvette, this is going to be great year.
                So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by John View Post
                  Thanks. We also have 10 CAD drawings, the two pictures of the front and rear fascia of the car taken within BGA (improperly I might add), and about 200 spy pictures all confirming the C8 is coming. It will be revealed this year. As some of us have waited six decades for the mid engine Corvette, this is going to be great year.
                  Awesome, could you direct me to where these photos are, please?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Scattered throughout the forum, however, sent to you separately.
                    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

                    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      So why, in H**l is the car not being revealed at auto shows ?? Other, major manufacturers are showing theirs off.

                      Are we to think that GM has an 'ace' up their sleeve with respect to advertisement ?

                      Respectfully I feel that it is just plain stupid by not showing off what SUPPOSEDLY is coming in autumn 2019.

                      Domestic sales, anticipation, and overseas buyers will all suffer.

                      Anyone think that all this secrecy is helping GMs bottom line with this cloak and dagger ?
                      Last edited by Adrenaline Junky; 01-20-2019, 07:52 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        They have a boat load of C7 cars on dealer lots to sell, and sales are slow. If they make a big splash on the C8 at t his time, they will have to discount those C7 cars to giveaway prices as buyers will forego the purchase to wait for the C8. The falling prices of new C7 cars will drive down the market price of used C7 cars, meaning that a lot of present Corvette owners will see their trade in values fall when they go to buy their C8. And maybe decide to just hold onto their C7, at least for a while.

                        So, GM is painted in a bit of a marketing corner. They really do not need to build consumer interest in a C8, its already there among potential buyers. But unless they are prepared to crush a lot of brand new C7 cars, they have a problem.
                        Last edited by Milliwatt Rob; 01-20-2019, 08:14 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                          They have a boat load of C7 cars on dealer lots to sell, and sales are slow. If they make a big splash on the C8 at t his time, they will have to discount those C7 cars to giveaway prices as buyers will forego the purchase to wait for the C8. The falling prices of new C7 cars will drive down the market price of used C7 cars, meaning that a lot of present Corvette owners will see their trade in values fall when they go to buy their C8. And maybe decide to just hold onto their C7, at least for a while.

                          So, GM is painted in a bit of a marketing corner. They really do not need to build consumer interest in a C8, its already there among potential buyers. But unless they are prepared to crush a lot of brand new C7 cars, they have a problem.
                          Thanks for the explanation.

                          Aren't these Multi-Billion dollar companies supposed to anticipate a potential LogJam in advance ?

                          If they have not considered the impact of existing models long in advance I feel the company is not being run properly. Unless of course this one model ( corvette ) is being sacrificed in a total picture of All models and maximizing their bottom line

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            My firm belief is that there will be plenty of folks who will get on board to purchase the FE Vettes once they announce the ME. It will be the last of the FE's and the collector market has the funds to stash them as pristine examples as they purchase a new ME as well. Have been considering that option myself.
                            Rocket City Florida

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              They have a boat load of C7 cars on dealer lots to sell, and sales are slow. If they make a big splash on the C8 at t his time, they will have to discount those C7 cars to giveaway prices as buyers will forego the purchase to wait for the C8. The falling prices of new C7 cars will drive down the market price of used C7 cars, meaning that a lot of present Corvette owners will see their trade in values fall when they go to buy their C8. And maybe decide to just hold onto their C7, at least for a while.

                              So, GM is painted in a bit of a marketing corner. They really do not need to build consumer interest in a C8, its already there among potential buyers. But unless they are prepared to crush a lot of brand new C7 cars, they have a problem.
                              So there are all of these C7s out there and GM decides to make ANOTHER C7 model don't get it

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                                My firm belief is that there will be plenty of folks who will get on board to purchase the FE Vettes once they announce the ME. It will be the last of the FE's and the collector market has the funds to stash them as pristine examples as they purchase a new ME as well. Have been considering that option myself.
                                Selling both new C8 inventory and remaining C7 inventory would be the best way for GM and the dealers. The C8 may not appeal to some buyers who want more storage room etc.

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X