MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

GM Has Told Us That The Mid Engine C8 Is Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Has Told Us That The Mid Engine C8 Is Coming

In spite of us hearing 50 times, or is 500, that “we can not talk about potential product,” sometimes “If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.”

Putting together all the below comments by current and recently retired GM top members, and much more, we know by comments GM’s own personnel, that the mid engine C8 is coming, looking a lot like this as created with thanks to fvs:

Click image for larger version  Name:	6CE1CAB7-974A-4FCD-8FC9-2232F252F3D4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	23210

The below comments of course are in addition to 10 leaked C8 CAD drawings, two actual C8 fascia pictures stolen from within BGA, and about 200 spy pictures, consequently we know that the C8 is a not front engined car. [Additionally, I and many of you also know that and much more, from other-source information we have learned, but we can not yet publicly share.]

Here are all the ways, some just isolated GM snippets, but when put all together...

April 23, 2018: Mark Reuss, when he was standing in front of a row of ZR1's at its April 23rd press track day at Road Atlanta, said , “This is the car (pointing to the ZR1). This is the end of the C7. And we are very proud of the C8.”

April 26, 2018: At the NCM “20 Years of Corvette Racing Dinner,” when Doug Fehan said, “sorry that Danny Binks, the Crew Chief of the # 3 and Brian Hoye, the Crew Chief of #4 C7.R are not here tonight even though they are on the agenda, for they are back at the shop working on the C8.R.”

To which, Harlan the ever smooth one, first turned white, then quickly and cleverly diffused Doug’s comment by saying in the very next breath, “we will race the C8.R when we are done racing the C7.R”

Doug Fehan, in a podcast interview with IMSA on January 3, 2019, stated “the C8 will be the most spectacular Corvette ever built, beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.”

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ng’s-history

We have tons of pictures of the C8.R and as it is 100% a mid engine car, and again from more than a few confidential comments, we know the C8 will similarly be a mid engine Corvette.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7810EBCA-D555-4B31-A7AC-DC12CA3E02FC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	103.8 KB ID:	23213

On January 3, thanks to “MattBeaver,” sharing info from within GM’s WorkBench Connect software system surfaced, clearly showing us information Whitmoyer Chevrolet found within it about a new Stingray Corvette.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0AFCA3E9-7F41-4F44-9CC0-F05C70A14465.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	368.5 KB ID:	23212

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ay-model-codes

Lastly, yesterday we got a little more icing on the cake, further supporting that a new Corvette generation is on its way in the following comment by Ed Welburn in the Wall Street journal, that “One of the last cars I worked on at GM was the next-generation Corvette, which is not out yet. I can't wait to get that car - silver, with red interior."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-cor...te-11547567844

GM, we know that the mid engine is coming, probably going to be revealed in the next three months, if not shortly thereafter. GM personnel please keep those “we can not talk about future potential products” coming when you are, out of turn, asked about it — for we want you to keep your jobs, but wink, wink, we all know the mid engine C8 is being officially outed by GM this year. We thank you GM for that, as for some of us, this has been a six decades long wait!

In the meantime if it walks like a duck... Thanks GM for telling us in your own words, and us confirming in many pictures, that the mid engine C8 is on its way soon. We are waiting, hopefully again within the next three months.
    Last edited by John; 01-16-2019, 05:12 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Great Synopsis John. Thanks
    Heidi
    Save the Wave

Comment

Here's the final piece of evidence lol. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4432.jpg
Views:	1273
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	23227

Comment

Good one; for sure, even showing its new C8 emblem.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I think even if no one at GM uttered a word, we have ample evidence an ME Corvette is on the way.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I’ve only been wanting this car for four decades!?
            Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
            Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
            Future Car - ME Corvette!

Comment

I bet that metallic silver exterior with red interior is a nice combo

Metallic silver probably shows off the bodylines quite nicely im sure,

Comment

Is this like - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Comment

[QUOTE=John;n23204]
                  In spite of us hearing 50 times, or is 500, that “we can not talk about potential product,” sometimes “If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.”

Putting together all the below comments by current and recently retired GM top members, and much more, we know by comments GM’s own personnel, that the mid engine C8 is coming, looking a lot like this as created with thanks to fvs:

This little red wagon by fvs is the most appealing, even if not the most sophisticated. It looks like home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    I bet that metallic silver exterior with red interior is a nice combo

Metallic silver probably shows off the bodylines quite nicely im sure,
                    Yes, gonna do the "blade silver" if thats what its called then. Hides the dirt, gleams in the sun. Considered red interior but figure I'm going with "light grey" again.

Comment

While I am pleased those attributes comments were made, I wonder if some of them would have been not made by some in hindsight.

Comment

I am pleased that we at least got some C8 confirmation along the way as we wait and wait. I am also pleased Mark Reuss said he was proud of the C8, but even more than that, Doug Fehan’s comment that “The C8 will be the most spectacular Corvette ever made, beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.”

It is true that Doug Fehan is indirectly paid by GM, but he sure did not need to add “beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.”
                        Last edited by MidEngine; 01-16-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

John, the rending that fvs created is looks amazing, but to see a real C8 Masterpiece in person will be outstanding! I just hope that the General includes chrome wheels as an option.

SF
                          Rick

Comment

Exciting times! Looking forward to the ME!
                            Proud owner of
                            1966 Ermine White/White Blue Interior L72 Coupe
                            2013 Artic White/Diamond Blue Interior LS7 Convertible

Comment

jsmatt, you have the best attitude on this “wait.”

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X