MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

Mid-Engine Corvette Spied on the way to the Milford Proving Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second set of calipers would look strange. I would want my second set to be painted with Invisi-paint.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post

And more pricey to get yet another set of calipers painted in your favorite option color
      I believe these are typically left with a bare or basic finish as seen on that 720S pic.

The new NSX has one too.

Last edited by Sigmon; 01-10-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Ahh, I see. I bet some picky C8 owners will want them all to match, and question it when they pay for the new build option.

Comment

The second caliper is a parking brake for sure, but why?.

My Golf R has an auto electric parking brake with only a single rear caliper, but I speculate that some engineers my prefer the belt and braces approach and have a mechanical parking brake. One would not want an electrical failure (cough cough McLaren) to result in the car rolling away would one?

It is the parking brake. I believe in Europe it's required now to have two separate systems in case one fails. The 720S, for instance, has the same thing:
          My recently built, Golf R made in Wolfsburg has a single rear caliper. I don't believe a second one is a general Euro requirement.
          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-10-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

John, The barriers are also used in racing when on street courses (we call this “canyon” racing). The exception is they are turned around and have the flat vertical side facing the track so cars won’t launch off the curved side. When you are a course worker and you’re right there it’s like being in a canyon, sometimes even claustrophobic. I was a SCCA race worker and flagging chief for many years and when you hear a C7.R come by you won’t believe the sound bouncing between the walls and fencing on top of the barriers and moving like you are doing “The Wave”. Like they say, ”Very Cool", it's the best seat at the track, besides the driver!
            Last edited by Cobra502; 01-10-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that info. How much fun you had.
              Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Good Lord. Whoever created that camo job should go work in Hollywood...on horror flicks. It’s definitely doing its job...I hope.

Comment

I think the graphics designer members on this forum have done an amazing job of rendering despite the camo. My hope is our artists are right and GM doesn't disappoint!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X