MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

Mid-Engine Corvette Spied on the way to the Milford Proving Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Engine Corvette Spied on the way to the Milford Proving Grounds

This C8 Corvette was spotted on the way to the Milford Proving Grounds by Chuck Jackson who works as an Assignment Editor for @Local4News in Detroit. He shared the photo Tuesday on his twitter account:

Corvette C8 Mid-Engine

Let's zoom in on that steering wheel:

C8 mid engine Corvette

Comment

It appears that this one also has the dual calipers on the rear wheels.

Comment

Thanks CorvetteBlogger! Appreciate your posting it. Too bad you were not a passenger and could give us details on your 10/10’s MPG ride.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Can you tell if that's the coupe or the convertible?
          Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

coupe, you can tell by the back glass
            Lifetime member National Corvette Museum #2588
            Retired from GM, Paint Dept.

Comment

looks like a removable top also.

Comment

Coupe, I agree.

The rear view camera on the convertible sits in a little nub on top of the roof, whereas the coupe version sits within a holder that is flush with the rear window.

Comment

Great, concise summary of visual differences from the side. Thank you Bikerjulio.
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

after looking at some of my photo's it might be the convertible

Attached Files

Comment

it's the Spider, my first photo you can tell, the coupe line is farther back, on this one you can't see it back there, I see something farther out

Attached Files

Comment

I'm seeing the roof line further back, at the coupe location. It's the easiest thing to cover in camo anyway. The car looks a lot like the one we saw earlier posing in the park. That was a coupe. Without a better angle and resolution I wouldn't want to get into a big argument.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=20173&amp;d=1545489374.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	22060

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2ENV View Post
                          after looking at some of my photo's it might be the convertible
                          I agree. you can't see the vents at the edge of the rear "window", which the coupe has. Unless, of course, they're now covering those up with camo, too.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I agree. you can't see the vents at the edge of the rear "window", which the coupe has. Unless, of course, they're now covering those up with camo, too.
                            Look at the pointy angle of the rear window surround as it hits the rear deck area. Convertibles don't have a pointy rear window sloping to the back. Plus you can't see the camera which can be seen on the convertible.

Back at camo HQ someone is having a laugh.

Comment

Looks like "Chuck Jackson who works as an Assignment Editor for @Local4News in Detroit" got pretty good access. Betcha he's got more photos.

Is that a Jersey barrier on the left side of the car?
                              Last edited by Boomer; 01-08-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X