MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Doug Fehan’s IMSA Podcast On Corvette Racing’s History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Fehan’s IMSA Podcast On Corvette Racing’s History

Below is a a linked podcast, in which we have about 1 hour 30 minute interview that IMSA Racing conducted with Doug Fehan, C7.R Race Team Manager. In it Doug talked about the history and many developments of the C5.R though the C7.R Corvette race team program, and very fractionally shared what is next.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9841C474-1292-4391-B8AA-E8D8B37DE53D.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	21542

We learned one sentence from Doug, that the C8.R is under development, and will at some point be racing at the 24 Hours of LeMans. We had heard something similar at last April’s BASH when Harlan said after Doug mentioned the C8.R being worked on by the # 3 and #4 crew chiefs as the reason they were not at the “20 Years of Corvette Racing Dinner,” Harlan responded, “Doug is right, that after we finish racing the C7.R, we will be racing the C8.R.”

Doug shared in the podcast, the comment, that “the C8 will be the most spectacular Corvette ever built, beyond anyone’s wildest dreams.”

Source:

Source: http://audio.rpix.org.uk/2018/featur...pecial.mp3?_=1
    Last edited by John; 01-04-2019, 10:23 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Beyond our woldest dreams sounds just about right....i woukdnt expect anything less....

one cool aspect of every corvette is that each new generation improves on various aspects of the corvette experience.

its ine of the corvettes iconic foundation points...

thanks for the heads up..

its almost hard to believe considering how awesome the c7 already is...

Comment

Fehan apparently is pretty confident the ME is going to be a major step forward. Bring it on! I'm ready.

Now that we're into 2019 this is starting to feel real.

Comment

That was a cool interview. Nice to hear his perspective and the history.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

I also liked his reinforcing that the race team engineers are involved in the creating of the street C8, and the customer Corvette team is involved in the C8.R in some way.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I always enjoy Doug Fehan recounting special moments in the C5/C6/C7.R’s racing history. He brought back many really good memories in the interview.

Comment

I listened to all 1:38 of this. Doug Fehan is insightful and honest. I was moderately surprised to learn that racing was, at first, nothing more then a marketing scheme. After getting into it, the Company and the team was all in!! Finally, at 1:32:20 he says a few choice words about the C8 - he says the C8 will be the most spectacular Corvette ever built, beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. He goes on to call it spectacular. My patience was just elongated to whatever it takes to get this car out there and on the market.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X