MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

We are excited to announce our latest Featured Forum Member, Kerbeck Corvette

Kerbeck is a top notch dealership, and that is reflected by many things including their being the # 1 Corvette dealership in sales for the last 25 years. We enthusiastically welcome them a MECF vendor! More details to follow.
2 of 5 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 5 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 5 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
5 of 5 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

C7’s End & C8’s Beginnings: What Could Be GM’s Game Plan To Deal With Both Changes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JB for your post above; lots of good ideas within it.
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
      The C7 has run 6 years and I don't think putting lipstick on it is going to help C7 sell. Cadillac did something similar to what your talking about announcing a last year run with special options and at a glance it was obvious it was the last run. (2015 CTS-V ) AXE the C7, There are too many sitting around waiting to be sold. Bring on the new 2020 ME whenever the Kinks are all worked out. Keep the C7 ZR-1 for another 2020 run. Obviously with all the anticipation of the Mid -Engine there are plenty of people saving their cash and selling a ton of C-7 model cars to make room for the Mid-Engine Vette which many have hoped for for many years. Why would there even be a thought to continue the C7 with sales terribly slumping? Possibly an elevated priced Final model of only 500 with specific extra added lipstick would definitely find buyers being the last of the breed.

I myself would not wait till 2021 for ME. If no info within the next several months my money will go elsewhere.
      Perfect synopsis there. No more development on the C7 platform. Why spend NRE on something that amounts to more than "lipstick" for a very short term and questionable expense on a dead platform.. Personally feel that GM will not throw good money after bad here. Concentrate resources on the C8 and getting it to market as the performance flagship that it is or rather will be! Do agree that a few made with "lipstick" will sell to a few hard core folks who think it will be worth more in a few years because of maybe added stripes or hang on trim but nothing in the performance department. When they are on the dealer lots for a year or more and get cheap enough they will eventually sell but only at fire sale prices.

Comment

This thread has been rattling around in my head, for if the C8 is delayed more than a couple of months, as asked in the OP, is GM going to keep the C7 going a long model year, or come out with a 2020 C7. I sure do not know, but if a 2020 C7, also agree that it would need more than two new colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post

Perfect synopsis there. No more development on the C7 platform. Why spend NRE on something that amounts to more than "lipstick" for a very short term and questionable expense on a dead platform.. Personally feel that GM will not throw good money after bad here. Concentrate resources on the C8 and getting it to market as the performance flagship that it is or rather will be! Do agree that a few made with "lipstick" will sell to a few hard core folks who think it will be worth more in a few years because of maybe added stripes or hang on trim but nothing in the performance department. When they are on the dealer lots for a year or more and get cheap enough they will eventually sell but only at fire sale prices.
          My budget for the next couple years doesn't allow for even a base C8, so I'm patiently waiting for the C7 fire sale - 30+% off MSRP, please.

Was it you Dave that said a local dealer still has some 2017 C7's on their lot? Those should already be at 35% off MSRP, or who else will buy them?

Comment

I wish you well on your quest for 30% off on a new C7 before 16 months from now. However, there are screaming deals on used C7’s with incredibly low mileage, deals which will also get better once the C8’s start down the production line.

My C7 Z06 in outstanding condition will go for about 50% off when I get my C8 (and that will not count the $10K in aesthetic mods I did to it which will go for 100% off for them), and it will have around 22,000 miles on it at that time. I know someone who just bought two weeks ago a 2017 year old Grand Sport with 2,000 miles on it. May I suggest a “head swivel” for your consideration and thinking about a pristine used C7 as another option.
            Last edited by John; 01-05-2019, 03:13 PM.
            So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

There is one nice postive about the C8 now probably being delayed, for I have just come to that conclusion emotionally, but again not based on fact, but the preponderance of info.

For those of us who save up for our new Corvette and pay in full in cash, I could consequently around a year from now, get a new, but not 100% loaded, entry year C8 and still keep my C7 Z06. Tempting; very tempting

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post

My budget for the next couple years doesn't allow for even a base C8, so I'm patiently waiting for the C7 fire sale - 30+% off MSRP, please.

Was it you Dave that said a local dealer still has some 2017 C7's on their lot? Those should already be at 35% off MSRP, or who else will buy them?
                As of today 48 vehicles C7 models with New 2017, 2018 and 2019 vehicles in stock with pictures. Some cream puff used ones as well. They are only going to get cheaper on the used market and when GM starts the big incentives on the C7's will even be better. The 2017's rather the on I looked at is 26% off msrp. I am confidant I could negotiate it a little further because it has moss on it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  There is one nice postive about the C8 now probably being delayed, for I have just come to that conclusion emotionally, but again not based on fact, but the preponderance of info.

For those of us who save up for our new Corvette and pay in full in cash, I could consequently around a year from now, get a new, but not 100% loaded, entry year C8 and still keep my C7 Z06. Tempting; very tempting
                  If you're even thinking about it, John, do it!! To coin a phrase, you don't regret the ones you buy, you regret the ones you don't buy! Keeping your C7 is like buying it all over again for nothing.

Comment

Thanks Itomn. Well stated. I am going to consider this option for quite a while.

Comment

Thanks Itomn. Well stated. I am going to consider this option for quite a while.
                      If you don't do it, John, you'll be talking about it, as something you should have done, for the remainder of your days.

Comment

Just some of my thoughts....

How about extending the 2019 model year a couple of months beyond the anticipated March cut off. That way they could build a few more 'high demand' ZR1's and perhaps a couple different 'end of series' special editions as they did in '96 ala 'Collector Editions' or 'Grand Sports' or specials like the Z06 powered 'verts' back in 2013. That way they wouldn't be building unsaleable base model C7's that already a flooding the dealers. That would be a relatively low cost way of giving sales a boost and keeping the plant running productively.

While I still think they will build the C7 along side the C8 they could still skip the 2020 model year, save all the costs relating to various government mandated 'certification' costs and slowly slide into the 2021 model year production.

By the way, that next 2021 C7 could well be the facelifted model that keeps the $55K crowd happily in the Corvette fold since it would likely have some of the 'trickle down' features from the all new C8.

Just my thoughts.....

Comment

I wish you well on your quest for 30% off on a new C7 before 16 months from now. However, there are screaming deals on used C7’s with incredibly low mileage, deals which will also get better once the C8’s start down the production line.

My C7 Z06 in outstanding condition will go for about 50% off when I get my C8 (and that will not count the $10K in aesthetic mods I did to it which will go for 100% off for them), and it will have around 22,000 miles on it at that time. I know someone who just bought two weeks ago a 2017 year old Grand Sport with 2,000 miles on it. May I suggest a “head swivel” for your consideration and thinking about a pristine used C7 as another option.
                          JOHN.... Our local Chevy store here in North Texas has BRAND NEW 2017 Z06's for $25,000 off sticker. For better or worse, they all had the Z07 performance package. Now that's a 'screamin' deal'...….

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post

How about extending the 2019 model year a couple of months beyond the anticipated March cut off. That way they could build a few more 'high demand' ZR1's and perhaps a couple different 'end of series' special editions as they did in '96 ala 'Collector Editions' or 'Grand Sports' or specials like the Z06 powered 'verts' back in 2013. That way they wouldn't be building unsaleable base model C7's that already a flooding the dealers. That would be a relatively low cost way of giving sales a boost and keeping the plant running productively.

While I still think they will build the C7 along side the C8 they could still skip the 2020 model year, save all the costs relating to various government mandated 'certification' costs and slowly slide into the 2021 model year production.

By the way, that next 2021 C7 could well be the facelifted model that keeps the $55K crowd happily in the Corvette fold since it would likely have some of the 'trickle down' features from the all new C8.

Just my thoughts.....
                            It is easy to think of this as a viable path forward however, the Supply chain was given their delivery quantity range and the time of deliveries long ago. Would not be cost effective to what it would amount to starting a cold line in many cases due to lot production for a one time run on a dead platform. Coupled with falling sales with significant amounts of 2 model year new inventory still sitting on dealer lots of new unsold units. Do not see a viable business case for this in any scenario but you can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post

Just my thoughts.....
                              I agree that as the C8 appears to be further being developed at this time, and not yet out for a while (either the reveal nor later the customer cars — though we of course do not know whether we are talking a month, three months or whatever later than we had wished), I wrote a thread suggesting a 2020 refreshed C7 was coming as a maybe six month placeholder. The OP in this thread postulated a 2020 refreshed C7, and does this just this morning breaking news (linked below). As to your idea of special editions, that is absolutely conceivable given GM’s C6 and C7 history; hell, even at the very beginning of the first year of the C7, GM had the Premiere special edition. We shall see toold2race whether your idea becomes reality. Interesting one at that.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ay-model-codes

Comment

GM is officially silent on the ME. Silence causes speculation. Could be that there is nothing to be said. Hope so. The Corvette team's energy and resource will be only in the C8, we should hope. If they intended to carry the C7 forward anyway, then juice it as necessary. If the C7 is dead, then bury it. Put all resources on the C8. If there are additional money and man-power available to juice something, then juice the C8 with that excess stuff.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X