MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

ME Public Roads’ Spotting North of Detroit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE the lines of what I see with the exception of the rear. IT IS HUGE. Could be the camo who knows until we see it "in the paint"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
      LOVE the lines of what I see with the exception of the rear. IT IS HUGE. Could be the camo who knows until we see it "in the paint"!!!!
      Agreed.....the rear is FUGLY!

Comment

Agree ... nice to see new "sightings". Maybe the electrical issue (if ever a real problem) has been resolved. I personally hope that this new camo is added on fakery. I like the clean lines of Chaz and FVS renders vs all this tacked on looking stuff. Time will tell of course.

Comment

I'm liking what I see!!
          The ME front nose/bumper lines remind me of the 68-72 chrome bumper C3's.

Comment

While I don't think this is a "Z06" version or anything due to the solid steel brake rotors that're on the car, I am intrigued by what appears to be less camouflage on the front fascia. It seems what we saw on the Nurburgring cars was definitely camouflage to cover this area of the car

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	19887

Comment

Good observations. I hope that “lip” is just a camo trick.
              Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
                Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

Agreed.....the rear is FUGLY!
                I agree that what we are seeing now is far from attractive. However, the rear of the car we will see at the reveal will be a nice upside surprise in comparison.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I think that "lip" on the front is camo padding. It doesn't appear to serve any purpose other than throwing off the front lines... and if it is there on the final version, it would just be a water catchment area that made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Thanks to “rhurren505” for finding and sharing this great news with us, and also thank you for an assist to from f-16pilotTX to get this to our attention.

Notice the headlight LED strip (this confirms what was “quietly” known before, can now publicly surfaced).

As one reads through this thread, as we know from seeing different license plates, and different spoilers (and so much more) that we are looking at two different cars.
                    Might we be looking at a regular and also a Z06 version?

Click image for larger version Name:	34684D1D-7B27-420E-9E1B-E44A4C8BA748.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	320.8 KB ID:	19815

Click image for larger version Name:	A0B4FE9F-479A-460C-9D1E-A7EEB6D83D9D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	226.2 KB ID:	19812

Click image for larger version Name:	4DABAF6C-E013-4864-B35C-2C847AFA3A6D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	19813

Click image for larger version Name:	BBE0DA0A-B2A4-4363-86C3-D5BD86B81A80.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	19814

Thank you very much!

That is a very good sign that GM is comfortable testing them again on the public roads. Maybe since the electrical issue was first seen here in June, that is coming to a close, OR, maybe they are doing an interim fix for the purpose of more real world testing. In either case, if there were experiencing intermittent electrical break downs, then they sure would only have been testing them at “closed locations,” e.g. Milford Proving Ground, Yuma GM test site and similar.

Here some limited details about the find.

Click image for larger version Name:	39FCD675-7C6D-46B0-A3F3-C6584F4EDBD0.png Views:	1 Size:	421.8 KB ID:	19807

Port Huron is about an hour north of Detroit, just south of southern terminus of Lake Huron, just across from Sarnia, Ontario.
                    John, I don’t love the spoiler either! But after reviewing all the different pics I think it might be active, unless it’s different models and different spoilers? Look at the 3/4 front view you can’t see any light, it looks like there nothing more then a lip, yet on the other fronts rear shots you can clearly see light through and honestly a couple of the rear shots almost appear that the gaps aren’t the same size.
                    Last edited by John; 12-20-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

You are right, two different spoilers. I just talked with another member who also, like me and you, is not a big spoiler lover. He commented positively on this one, calling is classy and simple. I agree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15889690-9B90-4C07-9F70-85D1247CF45D.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	19903

Comment

If you look at the photos of it driving, the spoiler appears to be much higher than when it is stationary. I agree with the above statements.

Comment

I tried to use one of the photos from your first post and outline what looks like a very similar shape to the spoiler from the rear. I feel like team corvette know big, odd wings don’t sell, but most have been rooting for an active rear wing for sometime. And wasn’t there a active aero patented some time ago?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking that the only "testing" going on is to get our reaction to the 2 spoiler designs. It occurs to me that this is a deliberate reveal, unless there's some test procedure that requires the car be posed in a park.

Comment

Originally posted by makav View Post
                              If you look at the photos of it driving, the spoiler appears to be much higher than when it is stationary. I agree with the above statements.
                              2 different cars.

Comment

Oh My My My------Active Spoiler! Yes Sir right up my Alley!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X