MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

ME C8 Not At NAIAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, slimmer than slim but more than 0.01%.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I think lotto tickets have better chances then that

Comment

GMAuthority now quoting a Corvette Forum poster who claims to have an inside source saying there will be a surprise, off-the-schedule reveal at NAIAS.

And if your dad's brother was his sister, he'd be your aunt.

Both statements say a lot about nothing.

Comment

Just confirmed from a super insider who has been invited to every GM Corvette previous reveal in the last three decades, that he has not heard word one about an NAIAS reveal.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Just confirmed from a super insider who has been invited to every GM Corvette previous reveal in the last three decades, that he has not heard word one about an NAIAS reveal.
            I bet he's right. Seems pretty sketchy to me.

I remember the C5 reveal and all the cool spy theme buildup - that was pre-cellphone cameras and social media, and Campbell Ewald handled it masterfully. I think the first look we got of the C6 was a photo snapped when the car for the Boy's Dream commercial was on a car carrier uncovered during the commercial shoot. The first C7 i remember was a Jalopnik photosketch that looked like a Datsun 240Z. Then some pictures in the hauler going to the 'Ring for testing.

I hope Chevy does this one right.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              John, thanks for sharing. I guess that is as factual as possible at this stage

Comment

On another forum Zerv02 has posted that the C8 will not be at NAIAS. Zerv02 explained that his "source" had given him incorrect information.

Hopefully, his "source" was also wrong about the mid-range C8 being $169,000.
                Last edited by WoW Factor; 01-14-2019, 06:44 AM. Reason: spacing between sentences

Comment

Motor1.com. The live streaming of the new Shelby GT500 starts around 9am EST. At Detroit......If interested
                  2016 Jaguar F type S convertible. Weekend toy.

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post
                    On another forum Zerv02 has posted that the C8 will not be at NAIAS. Zerv02 explained that his "source" had given him incorrect information.
                    Expected.

Comment

Nothing we didn’t all know already. I’m sorta glad it didn’t because I loved those C7 teaser videos leading up to its unveil.

Comment

Not a problem ...that guy zerv02 took a beating on the forums because he wasnt 100 percent right all the time...

my only question is which one of us ever is right 100 percent of the time...

no big deal...

when they show the c8...they show it...

we cant always get what we want....

like all good things sometimes we just have to wait until gm is ready to deliver the goods...

that interior looks pretty slick

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post

Hopefully, his "source" was also wrong about the mid-range C8 being $169,000.
                          I think it goes without saying: "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

Comment

I am going out of the closet and sharing a fact that will not be a surprise to 99.99% here, that the entry price of the soon-upcoming ME will be under $100,000 — in fact way, way under that amount.

Zerv02 deserves credits for his initial sketch about the interior, and his helpful commentary after that.

What is inexcusable IMO, was that before a couple of hours ago, is that he has been absolutely adamant about two massive wrong predictions, e.g. its starting at $169K and its being revealed at NAIAS. He was given opportunity after opportunity to say such things as, “well I meant $169K for the 1,000 HP ZORA version,” but on both subjects, that and the NAIAS reveal, he was stridently wrong. He has still not backed off from his “starting at $169K” comment.

But worse yet, was the stress he has caused to so many as a result. Look at themany posts here and elsewhere with folks stressing about its pricing starting at $169K and folks even buying airline tickets and heading to NAIAS. There is truly not a three day period that I am not getting stressed-out communications (phone calls, emails, and/or PM’s) from folks who have been freaking about the $169K starting price, that “that is leaving me out and I really wanted to buy a next year C8.’

I saw his note this morning that he was NAIAS Reveal wrong, but no apology, just his saying:

Originally posted by Zerv02
                            I stand corrrected.....) What was thought to be a video tease of the long awaited c8 spacecraft turned out to be a Cadillac EV suv last night. GM for ya.....
                            In fact note his last view words, his now blaming GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                              Nothing we didn’t all know already. I’m sorta glad it didn’t because I loved those C7 teaser videos leading up to its unveil.
                              I am not giving up on C8 teaser videos at some point, though with a new team doing that specific part of the upcoming reveal, we do not know anything about how and if it could be pre-reveal presented.

Comment

Maybe we are all just really longing for a new vette which causes frustration, members to go against each other, anxiety. Im suffering from the latter and can’t even afford one. Lol

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X