MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 4 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 4 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 4 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

See more
See less

Corvette GT Emblem Patented?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks much. I had not seen the introductory brochure.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      GM filed this GT emblem patent. It was found yesterday by jagamajajaran! Thank you Jag! Here’s a question we need to ask ourselves first, is this GM GT emblem patent for the mid engine C8?

Does this dovetail with recent comments made by “unlimitedPower,” that there will be after the first, 2020 model year, a GT version of the ME? Interesting that this patent was filed in June of 2016, however just granted on October 2nd of this year?

Might we see this exact emblem on the side of the ME? Or elsewhere on the C8?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5277A833-A76A-4446-A6D0-48D17D0E133F.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	737.3 KB
ID:	18172
      It was for the 2016 Opel GT Concept car. doubtfully used on Corvette.Click image for larger version

Name:	gjdkdktdhk.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	18238

Comment

Unfortunately it's not that easy. The design patent for the C8 Corvette will likely be submitted soon if it hasn't already, but it won't be publicly available for most likely a year from the file date. For instance below is a screenshot of the C7 design patent, and you'll notice while it was filed on November 30th, 2012 (44 days before the reveal on 1/13/13) it wasn't patented and made public until April 22nd, 2014. We can hope though!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	18241
        Attached Files

Comment

The C8's will be midengined according to unlimitedpower and that would include the GT the only thing implied about FE was this .......................

Interestingly, a mid engine Corvette makes space for the 7th gen Camaro to slip into the C7’s current segment in 2021, at current Camaro prices. The 2021 Camaro will be as revolutionary as the C8 but that’s for another forum at another time.

there will be GMs offering in FE and stick, Maybe it's switching to two seats.

As far as bowling greens plant size and multiple vehicles they can build manta ray, gt, gs, e ray, and e ray zora. Or a boatload of low priced manta rays.

Comment

Thank you very much NewYuriCity for scoping out the past history, also giving us some info that could come into play for the C8. Click image for larger version

Name:	CD7405A3-3841-4E9B-AF29-FE02EDBC15A8.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	18304
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

This does correspond with the recently released "insider" article. If true, they are really learning from the way the C7's are being used and catering to both segments, street and track.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMDOM69 View Post
                , Maybe it's (the camaro) switching to two seats.
                For all practical purposes, it only has two seats now. But I'd be surprised if GM tried to sell TWO two-seat sports cars. Cannibalizing your own sales is something they finally figured out is a bad idea. But maybe they'll give up on the retro styling and nearly zero rear visibility and build a modern muscle car.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb
                  maybe they'll give up on the retro styling and nearly zero rear visibility and build a modern muscle car.
                  Great idea, especially as Mustang sales are now kicking Camaro in the butt the last few years. Time for a massive sea change for the Camaro.

Comment

I've given up trying to convince anyone on this forum, or the other one, to see the merit of business sense in the automotive world. GM is faced with a massive problem: the changing face of demographics and the shameful business status of ignoring that. There are many others but Ms. Barra has shown that she is up to the task. However, she's being challenged from all sides. I suspect we'll see a very different plan for any of the new GM vehicles. Most importantly is the Corvette, along with pick up trucks, it's one of the only money making assets of GM. Everyone that thinks that history is going to set the pace for the next Corvette is not facing any of the facts that have been slapping the executives of GM in the face. No more sedans! SUV's and the lonely Corvette are the landscape of the future. If this means making it an independent label, I wouldn't be surprised. If it means capitalizing on the brand and making an SUV or any of the reported other platforms, I think a company standard will include them. Obviously, what I'm suggesting will not happen overnight! Time is the tell all and may change over the introductions and their receptions in the real world. I only say all this to suggest there may be a lot more surprises then we can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                      I've given up trying to convince anyone on this forum, or the other one, to see the merit of business sense in the automotive world. GM is faced with a massive problem: the changing face of demographics and the shameful business status of ignoring that. There are many others but Ms. Barra has shown that she is up to the task. However, she's being challenged from all sides. I suspect we'll see a very different plan for any of the new GM vehicles. Most importantly is the Corvette, along with pick up trucks, it's one of the only money making assets of GM. Everyone that thinks that history is going to set the pace for the next Corvette is not facing any of the facts that have been slapping the executives of GM in the face. No more sedans! SUV's and the lonely Corvette are the landscape of the future. If this means making it an independent label, I wouldn't be surprised. If it means capitalizing on the brand and making an SUV or any of the reported other platforms, I think a company standard will include them. Obviously, what I'm suggesting will not happen overnight! Time is the tell all and may change over the introductions and their receptions in the real world. I only say all this to suggest there may be a lot more surprises then we can imagine.
                      I don't doubt what you say, may not like it, but don't doubt it.
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X