MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 5 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

5 of 5 < >

MECF Forum “Picture of the Day Award” (POTD) Section Started; To Be Eligible, Post Your Picture in our C1-6 or C7 section.

A different admin/mod chosen photo(s) each day, one you earlier placed of your car it in the C1-C6 Fantastic Corvettes section, the Compelling C7 section (or be admin/mod ME section chosen). We today feature Steven Bell’s beauty: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-award-winner
See more
See less

Corvette GT Emblem Patented?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with you ltomn, that the majority fo the time it is a front driving GT.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Maybe we could get a clarification from unlimitedPower on what he meant on a GT configuration. Either way his use of "a true GT" doesn't preclude the other. If he has a correct understanding of the term GT, he could clarify.

Comment

unlimitedPower stated in his initial post that he would not respond to any questions, nor add anything. We will later see if he changes his mind, chooses to do either at some point.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Mclaren 570 GT differences from the mclaren 570 S

gives good insight what to expect from the corvette GT versus Grand Sport...imo

https://cars.mclaren.com/sports-series/570gt

car and driver insight reviews on the GT version and how it differs

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...gt-test-review

for corvette z06 owners there is quite the state,ent of your c7 z06 prowess in the article listed above as well..
          Last edited by JBsC6; 12-06-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

That is a great find and post JB. Thank you very much!

As we do a lot of traveling, would appreciate a sound deadening insulation package just for tire whine reduction. We like our C7 Z06’s adjustable exhaust system exactly as it is, but tire whine sucks. We would welcome even a GT package that provides a little more other comforts for our 600 mile driving days.

However, if it is not offered, we would still happily get a ME that would be an equivalent Z06 package (whatever GM chooses to call it). And if a sound deadening package (and related creature comforts) were not available on a ME, would again install one myself.

Comment

False alarm boys, this is from the 2016 Opel GT Concept

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post

Like I said in my post above, " That doesn't preclude a GT mid engine but a GT front engined C8 makes more sense". GT's have traditionally always been front engined.
                Not at all, think 1960s Ford GT40 (4-straight, 24 Hours of Le Mans overall wins, 1966-69), followed by mid-2000s Ford GT, and now the current Ford GT, all MEs. Many other examples were provided above.

And as you no doubt already know, I think developing a new FE C8 makes zero sense to GM at this point, and isn't even being considered.

Comment

Really good find NewYuriCity regarding the emblem! However, since no 2016+ Opel GT concept ever went into production, and as the patent was applied for and is owned by General Motors as of Oct. 2, 2018 (after Opel was sold), maybe GM would have a new place to use it — though clearly its original intent was the Opel GT.

So again, maybe going to be actually used on the 2021+ C8 GT version.

Comment

That McLaren 570GT is a true statement of the art of automobile making. They got it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Foosh View Post

And as you no doubt already know, I think developing a new FE C8 makes zero sense to GM at this point, and isn't even being considered.
                      I beg to differ on this observation. I have no problem seeing GM continue the FE model and a GT makes perfect sense as a use. As does the continuation of the affordable FE sports cars. Time will show us what they've decided.
                      Last edited by ltomn; 12-06-2018, 12:48 PM. Reason: Gramatical error.

Comment

You can't dispute it because it's my opinion. Skank already knows my opinion, ergo I said "as you no doubt already know." I've been quite vocal about all the evidence to the contrary, including insider info, on the other forum.

Having said that, if the ME craters, sure GM might scramble 4 years down the road to bring back the FE. It's just not happening now.
                        Last edited by Foosh; 12-06-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I understand and accept that it's your opinion. Mine is simply converse and, by your own statements, valid as well.

Comment

Fair enough, and I see no reason for us not to see affordable ME sports cars. Risking the costly development of two entirely different platforms for sports cars just isn't in the GM playbook, especially in light of the recently announced restructuring. Camaro is there for the die-hard FE set.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Really good find NewYuriCity regarding the emblem! However, since no 2016+ Opel GT concept ever went into production, and as the patent was applied for and is owned by General Motors as of Oct. 2, 2018 (after Opel was sold), maybe GM would have a new place to use it — though clearly its original intent was the Opel GT.

So again, maybe going to be actually used on the 2021+ C8 GT version.
                              It is possible, and it is a really handsome design for an emblem but the patent was only granted on October 2 of this year, GM actually filed the patent on July 12th, 2016. The benefit with patent filing that GM takes advantage of is that as long as the patent is filed with the USPTO then a competitor can't legally use the submitted design without the applicant's permission, hence why on new products you'll sometimes see "Patent Pending" advertised on the product. Knowing this and that a patent can take months if not years to be granted (and therefore made public), companies will wait to submit a design patent such a the exterior design of the new Corvette until a short period before the official unveiling.

Comment

Thank you. So perhaps, based on your very last sentence, we could see an exterior design ME patent in the month or so before the reveal. Guessing all of us in automedia will be “hard tuned” to USPTO around that time period.

We appreciate your pointing that out.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X