MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

C8 Rear Hatch Venting System Patent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There appears to be ample black tape on the bottom of the hatch by the "V" to make the hatch look like right angles on the bottom (expanded look at the picture). If you look at the drawing, there is no squared off angles on the bottom of the hatch. Any ideas?

Comment

Good observation. I have repeated the picture here so we can focus on your comment a little easier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6CBDEB6A-F1F1-4E10-9E61-7E3ECACAD91B.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	18156
      Last edited by John; 12-06-2018, 05:03 AM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I think what we are seeing is still, if you are referring to the above picture, is some deliberate camo deception. If you are instead referring to a diagram in the patent, could well be GM deliberately drawing the patent “skewed” for the purpose of not putting everything out there for all to yet see.

Might the revealed car look a lot more like this?

Name:	E6F5F3BA-8938-46FA-B1E0-AC31DD79941D.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	18158
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I think what we are seeing is still, if you are referring to the above picture, is some deliberate camo deception. If you are instead referring to a diagram in the patent, could well be GM deliberately drawing the patent “skewed” for the purpose of not putting everything out there for all to yet see.

Might the revealed car look a lot more like this?

Name:	E6F5F3BA-8938-46FA-B1E0-AC31DD79941D.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	465.8 KB
ID:	18158
          Looks great except for the bulging taillights.

Comment

It's going to look amazing!

Comment

A man who knows the future!

Comment

Originally posted by ZishanM
                Does anyone else think the shape of the rear glass looks like two of the side scoops put together? Pretty odd shape for the glass.
                I think this is a really good catch, could have lots of merit. Mitigating that idea however IMO, is that with the camera being at the top center, in effect connecting the two sides, it is going to be hard to see that repetitive shape. However, definitively a very interesting idea, and it sure could be spot on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	87C03720-C0B3-4685-AFD2-32FF4FE231EB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	18445

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Good observation. I have repeated the picture here so we can focus on your comment a little easier.

Name:	6CBDEB6A-F1F1-4E10-9E61-7E3ECACAD91B.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	18156
                  thats to help with it's radar signature.

Comment

Don’t know anything, but looking at the perimeter of the glass and comparing to the perimeter of the hatch, I can visualize plenty of room for a horseshoe shaped luggage well. If so, it would be awesome to view the engine through the glass, yet still be able to release the hatch and have easy access to the luggage area.

Comment

And with our ME’s enhanced key fob, we can access the frunk and easily access the engine area.

Name:	A6C505B2-70A0-4854-B124-4AA4D2663AC8.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	18836

Last edited by John; 12-11-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

If there is a frunk? Maybe, to make more room in the rear, everything possible is moved to the front. Lower hood, better weight distribution, more convenient. Only one place for luggage in the rear, and only one place to check engine fluids in the front. Again, maybe?

Comment

Good questions without yet definitive answers. However the fact that the key fob emblem was found, and still is, on the FCC official site, chance of it being photoshopped or faked are infinitesimal. Sure looks like at least a frunk to me.

Here’s our thread in which we discussed that a little further:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rying-capacity

Comment

John, I’m proposing no luggage in front, but you stil need a front hood to check fluids.

Comment

Let me suggest that GM might well have other ideas other than “no frunk.” Every mid engine Euro exotic has one, and I think the ME will also. There certainly could be some fluid checking areas in the front; that makes sense. Thank you.

Comment

Yes John, after thinking about it I like your idea better than mine. Vic

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X