MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 5 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

5 of 5 < >

MECF Forum “Picture of the Day Award” (POTD) Section Started; To Be Eligible, Post Your Picture in our C1-6 or C7 section.

A different admin/mod chosen photo(s) each day, one you earlier placed of your car it in the C1-C6 Fantastic Corvettes section, the Compelling C7 section (or be admin/mod ME section chosen). We today feature Steven Bell’s beauty: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-award-winner
See more
See less

New ME C8 Proposals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
    I believe its not all gm dealerships but rather chevrolet dealerships that have the proper world class gm techs on staff with proper training that can effectively handle the service technical aspects of the c8.

we shall see but i know my corvette tech has been an intergral part of my successful and satidfactory ownership experience of my three new corvettes over the past 20 years.

i presently have over 128k miles on my c6 z51 m6 and the ownership experience has been a joy...

gm wants c8 owners especially those from the porsche /ferrari camps to experience something similiar to what people such as myself have experienced.
    Amen. There is a Corvette tech at my dealership that has done great work for me and although I've only needed one major repair over the years (harmonic balancer on a 2008) I have no trepidations about bringing my car there for any reason. They've treat me as well as I've ever been treated at the local Mercedes dealership....although the coffee sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      And look at this very smart earlier post by Jerradl1987! Thank you very much.

Thank you Jerradly1987 for earlier posting the above on Corvetteforum.

They also trademarked the "Zora" name is several countries so all this really doesn't mean anything other than GM is covering all the bases until the marketing team figures out which direction they should go.

Comment

The OP's observations all sound very plausible to me. I had heard through another source that the Gen. 5.1 small block (LT1+/LT2) would be 525 HP. 520 HP is pretty close and they haven't even run the final SAE testing yet for their advertising so per past practice, the final rating will (likely) increase (a little).

I was always puzzled with the DOHC 4.2TT and 5.5TT engine stuff why TWO new engines ? Having a Grand Touring (GT) version using the 4.2TT engine, and a (more limited) Grand Sport (GS) version using the bigger 5.5LTT makes more sense. I would guess that the base NA small block engine days are numbered - the 4.2L TT probably gets better gas mileage and has lower emissions, and will likely become the base engine sometime after 2021, depending on Gov't emission regulations.

WRT where you can buy it - who really cares. Every GM salesperson I've talked to, whether they work at Chevy, Cadillac, GMC or Buick, has the ability, today, to sell you a Corvette if you want one bad enough. Just ask them. This just formalizes the process. In addition, the economics of car selling almost requires a truck dealership to prop up the car side of the business. That is why most Cadillac dealerships are affiliated with a Chevy or GMC dealer, and almost all Buick dealerships include GMC trucks. It is a business necessity. Being able to sell Corvettes at all these outlets just makes sense.

Comment

If a cadillac dealer is affiliated to a chevy dealer then you are correct. Stand alone chevy dealers can not sell a cadillac as it is a franchise law violation.

Comment

If the OP is that close to GM OR ANYBODY can somebody explain why they don't even acknowledge that the car is even going to be built. I mean they do understand that folks communicate instantly in 2018 don't they or is this why they seem out of touch with what's going on most of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by dcbingaman View Post
              The OP's observations all sound very plausible to me. I had heard through another source that the Gen. 5.1 small block (LT1+/LT2) would be 525 HP. 520 HP is pretty close and they haven't even run the final SAE testing yet for their advertising so per past practice, the final rating will (likely) increase (a little).

I was always puzzled with the DOHC 4.2TT and 5.5TT engine stuff why TWO new engines ? Having a Grand Touring (GT) version using the 4.2TT engine, and a (more limited) Grand Sport (GS) version using the bigger 5.5LTT makes more sense. I would guess that the base NA small block engine days are numbered - the 4.2L TT probably gets better gas mileage and has lower emissions, and will likely become the base engine sometime after 2021, depending on Gov't emission regulations.
              Thank you Binger. I like what you are hearing/thinking!

520+ would be terrific for the entry version with a DCT, especially if they have had enough time to do their pretty-recent lightweighting program on the car, and it were able to lose 75 pounds in the process.

Even though last night’s C8.R video was emotionally so much fun, the one Corvette video over the last two years that speaks to me most, has the best long term news, is this below one on GM’s lightweighting program (just 2:07):

https://video.marketing.gm.com/10508...-weighting.mp4

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
                If the OP is that close to GM OR ANYBODY can somebody explain why they don't even acknowledge that the car is even going to be built. I mean they do understand that folks communicate instantly in 2018 don't they or is this why they seem out of touch with what's going on most of the time?
                GM has 20,000 unsold C7’s on their dealers’ lot, is going to produce them for many more months. They will consquently hold off on the reveal for many months more.

The way I can look at that unhappy but realistic news is that we have three choices:

* We can get PO’d and buy something else;

* We can buy a C7 heavily discounted (and probably even more so next spring);

* We can disapppointedly hang in there and wait for the reveal (at the time and place GM decides it shall be). However, we do know it is coming at some point next year.
                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

No big deal..i will continue to daily drive the beautiful (and totally depreciated )c6 z51 M6 I own and when the c8 finally gets offically released for public viewing Ill checkit out...

20k units of unsold c7 s in inventory is literally a years worth at 2018 sales levels...not to mention whatever else they produce...

wow...who knew...?

as much as I admire the c7 z06 ...especially with its 650hp...no matter how much it gets discounted..i really dont want to buy one now that I ve seen the sketches and artist renditions of the c8...

i kind of want the rear mid engine corvette gm has been flaunting at show circuits amd magazines for forty years..

i think buying a c8 will be an excellent 60th birthday present...

whenever one becomes available...thats cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WWR View Post
                    I asked a GM rep at SEMA if, at some point, they were going to admit they are building a mid-engine. He said they had built one or two, to which I replied you had four in Germany. He said yes, we have built four different versions, but he had no knowledge of when it would be shown.

Comment

Thank you very much JustOneMore. That is more talkative than I would expect. There could be one new learning in what he shared. We saw for example that they had both coupes and HT convertibles there. But as he mentioned four different versions (assuming that was accurately heard within the extreme loudness of SEMA) did he also tell us that there were entry and Z51 versions being tested there???

We do not know that. If that is what he said (again at times you almost have to scream to be heard within certain parts of SEMA), since all four N’Ring ME’s seemed to have the identical spoiler, might that mean that the non Z51 version has the same spoiler? And if that is correct, might that further mean that since both versions (Z-51 or entry) appeared to be different only by non-external-dffierences, e.g. such things as spring/shock/bushing rates, software settings, and similar???

Or maybe there we two different kinds of versions also being tested there that had nothing to do with Z-51 versus non Z-51?

Once again, we have lots of questions, but no precise answers.

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
                        If a cadillac dealer is affiliated to a chevy dealer then you are correct. Stand alone chevy dealers can not sell a cadillac as it is a franchise law violation.
                        From the horse's mouth, a salesman at Criswell Chevy can sell any car that Criswell sells at any of its dealerships, even though Criswell Chevy only sells Chevys. That's because they're employees of Criswell, Inc, not the Chevy dealer. I suspect the same is true of most, if not all, multi-franchise dealerships. Sure, if the parent company doesn't sell Cadillacs, none of their salesmen can sell you one, but if they have a Caddy dealer anywhere in the corporation they can. And most dealerships near big cities, at least, these days are part of big multi-brand, multi-location corporations.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Thank you meyerweb for sharing that. It is exactly what Mike has said on both his Sunday delivery threads (and his showing us there the many other brands that he also sells), and what he has explicitedly verbally shared with me also.

Comment

Originally posted by JLemke View Post
                            If the of original poster is insinuating that Corvette is going to be its own brand without being under the Chevrolet nameplate, this goes against what seems to be a valid, new emblem that clearly has a Chevy logo on it.
                            The Corvette is the only chevy that does not come with a chevy bowtie correct? Maybe GM has been planning this Corvette as it's own brand thing for a while.

Comment

Welcome to the forum at7000ft. Glad even though you just joined, you are already posting. Thanks.

Comment

I live in the tri state NY area and not all dealerships are part of a multi franchised corporation.

My point is if a stand alone chevrolet dealership heard that a stand alone cadilac dealership was able to sell corvettes it would be a violation of franchise laws and would sue gm.

the point of this discussion is that corvette would be sold sold through any and all of gm individual franchises and that would be a violation of franchise laws.

the effort of gm and the corvette team will be to limit future sales and service to chevy dealers invested in having world class gm techs trained in corvette with courses so that service for corvettes would be implemented in a professional manner..meeting and exceeding corvette owners expectations.

rumor is that if the chevy dealer doesnt have a world class gm tech trained specificallyin corvette service then that dealership will not or might not be allowed to sell corvettes...

sorry if we are having a difficult time communicating via typing yet I hope this post gives greater insight into what we are going to have as the eighth generation releases..

or thats what we are assuming might happen to improve the ownership experience across the country.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X