MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

GM IS Radically Changing! C8.R Sebring Night Testing! FVS’ Latest Interior Rendering.

2 of 5 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 5 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

5 of 5 < >

MECF Forum “Picture of the Day Award” (POTD) Section Started; To Be Eligible, Post Your Picture in our C1-6 or C7 section.

A different admin/mod chosen photo(s) each day, one you earlier placed of your car it in the C1-C6 Fantastic Corvettes section, the Compelling C7 section (or be admin/mod ME section chosen). We today feature Steven Bell’s beauty: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...y-award-winner
See more
See less

New ME C8 Proposals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your super patent sleuthing skills again!!! Thank you Jag!!!

I am going to moved It to our ME patent list (most of which you found), and make it a featured slider thread as soon as I can.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

67 to 68 grand for a c8 dct ,z51, npp type exhaust, 1lt ..

all the rest of the pricing speculation is nonsense...

sure if gm doesnt offer a 1LT type interior than whatever gm charges on the c7 for a 2LT interior that will be baked into the c8 price..

personally i see 67 or 68 grand tops..for the car i described above.

The c8 wont be sold or serviced at all gm dealerships...just the chevy dealerships that meet gm require,ents of classes to service c8 corvettes ...

as far as being sold through any gm dealership? No way as i believe it would be a violation of franchise laws...

fwiw...under warranty my cadillac dealer was such a horses butt...i had my chevrolet dealer who services my corvette service my cadillac and i didnt have a problem. I could not though buy a new cadillac through my chevy dealer die to franchise laws...(thats how ****ed my cadillca dealer made me during a service )

anybody complaining about chevy dealer service just didnt go to a dealership with the staff properly trained. Gm is probably aware of this and wants skilled technicians specifically trained to successfully work on and service their halo vehicle to meet and exceed consumer expectations.

dont worry so much guys...the lack of official information to any degree is just allowing rampant speculation..

gm has a 65 year history of corvette and the formula isnt going to be messed with regards to pricing or marketing..the corvette marketing and sales department as well as Harlan Charles , know what they are doing with regards to connecting to corvette owners ..

look at how great they whipped up the c7...

thats a hell of a vehicle and i believe that was done rather quickly and on a much smaller budget (post bankruptcy) i seem to re,ember hearing that was a $350 million dollar development program when money was tight ...

this time around gm was flushed with profits and even cadillac division was contributing to research and development of the c8 platform to some degree..

we are going to be really wowed by the vehicle and the price like i mentioned above will be easily doable...

of course if you check off every option box...well...then expect near six figure pricing much like todays car...

todays c7 stingray fully loaded msrps at i believe 94 grand...add five grand and your touching 100 grand..

dont want to spend 100 grand (which i dont either) its simply just prioritize what features you really want..

for me its dct, mrc, z51, npp....the number Im thinking is 67 to 68 grand...

Comment

October 2, 2018 is the date of "GT" patent which supports unlimitedpower's information.

Comment

Btw 38 days until the detroit auto show...

if its not shown at detroit well who the heck knows..

Comment

"Any GM dealer will be able to sell the Corvette brand" wrote unlimitedpower. Thus a GMC dealer could also sell Corvettes. This is an interesting concept that should increase Corvette sales.

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post
              October 2, 2018 is the date of "GT" patent which supports unlimitedpower's information.
              Yes, it does indeed. Thanks WoW Factor! Here is our thread with a few more inter-related details:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...mblem-patented
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post
                "Any GM dealer will be able to sell the Corvette brand" wrote unlimitedpower. Thus a GMC dealer could also sell Corvettes. This is an interesting concept that should increase Corvette sales.

Not going to happen as it would break franchise laws

Comment

I don't see any legal problems involved in a manufacturer deciding to "rebrand" what was previously considered exclusively a Chevrolet, and distributing that model through a broader dealer network. It's no more of a legal issue than discontinuing a model, which happens all the time. They are essentially doing the same thing today w/ both Chevrolet and GMC trucks and SUVs, which is are identical. GM could slap Chevy badges on Buicks and vice versa and sell them at both without violating any laws.

On another topic, I simply interpreted Unlimited's prediction as a move by GM toward tightening up the standards for Corvette service by incentivizing other parts of the GM dealer network. What really makes more sense to me is for GM to semi-consolidate the dealer network for all brands, perhaps keeping Cadillac separate. It could be a move toward having only "GM" dealers. Ford is moving in that direction with Lincoln/Ford dealers.

Talk about weird, we have a Cadillac/VW dealer in Annapolis, MD, which has been in business for decades selling both makes.

Comment

If a dealership owms the franchise to two brands its not an issue...

i had been so disgusted with my local cadillac dealership that i had said can i buy my next cadillac from my chevy dealer and they said no.

how that relates to selling chevy corvette branded product throughtout various gm branded dealers like cadillac you can determine for yourself.

I would think chevy dealers can be restrained from selling corvettes if they do meet certain critera of service as was done with the dodge viper or possibly the ev s...but without certain training courses or equipment that is the only way gm could restrict corvette sales from its franchised chevy dealer network.

offering it to buick gmc or cadillac dealers would present certain legal challenges...

or at least that is my discussion point.

i dont think we will see corvettes being sold through gmc, buick or cadillac sales departments.

i believe the contraints will be on only franchises that meet specific critera to properly service the vehicle with world class technicians trained in corvette as well as possibly specific tool requirements.

Comment

Foosh and JB make really good points, all centered around that while the quality of the products made by GM has improved in the last decades, car buying customers remain close to disgusted with the treatment they get from their GM, in fact their “Big 3,” dealerships.

Comment

Thanks, very interesting.

Comment

My cadillac dealer sales department was a joy. I bought cars for my wife in 15 minutes amd in fact the last vehicle came in on a bank holiday and they still gave me the car without paying a dime. I went back the next day and gave them a check...in full for the car...that was my forth vehicle from the,..

but the service department were a bunch of theives...i couldnt stand them...

i went to the sales department and general manager , the owner and they said they couldnt help. I was nice i just said ok..no problem except it would be the last vehicle i bought from them.

The chevy dealer on the otherhand Is so fabulous...the sales department, the marketing staff, the service managers and service techs...i love them.

they have made my ownership experience on my corvettes awesome. Jackson chevyin middletown ct. just awesome...

service...always excellent..always delivering excellence whatever issue might pop up. Its not the price i pay that makes it sogood although that is always fair and resonable...its the honest caring to meet my cars needs and my needs that seperates this dealership from all the rest.

im debating whether to buy from one of the forum vendors to get the c8 early wait for this dealership to get an allocation..whichi think would be a little later on...

its a tough call because hot dam this c8 in torch red black interior with a dct 520 hp a z51 package mrc and npp1lt is exactly what i want...

i think out of respect i can wait...but every dayim drooling over the photos posted on this site ...

they say anticipation is part of the enjoyment but as i turn 60 this coming year it does lend itself to a nice way to celebrate the milestone...

Comment

The hit or miss issue is the problem with GM dealerships. I have a great Chevy dealership now, but it took “firing” a few before then who were either sales liars, or were service incompetents.
                            Looking forward to our ME arriving, hopefully late next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                              The hit or miss issue is the problem with GM dealerships. I have a great Chevy dealership now, but it took “firing” a few before then who were either sales liars, or were service incompetents.

I believe that is the basis of the statments in this article. The actual process being discussed here is in formating a specific dealer training network specifically for corvette service departments.

any chevy dealer unwilling to purchase the tools required but more probably the training of world class certified technicians will be held back from selling corvettes..

thats what is most probably what we will see..and rightly so...

the dealer service department is a integral part of meeting and exceeding consumer expectations...

its all about projecting the correct brand image ...do it right , deliver the goods and you ll sell more vehicles and keep the customers returning for future service and sales ...and in thats in many categories...even outside corvette.

Mary Barra and Mark Ruess are leading GM in the correct path...

im impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
                                Ditto, have had bad service experiences at multiple Chevy dealerships. I've also had good experiences at those same dealerships, and that underscores a big part of the problem, which is a lack of consistency. I'm using mega-Corvette dealer Criswell for service now, and they've been quite good with no negatives. I also used them to service my Lotus years ago, when they were also a Lotus dealer and had only good experiences. =

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X