MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

fvs new interior rendering with revised details.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fireeagle View Post
    Stealing from lambo by having the flip up switch to get to the push to start button.
    Yeah. when I saw that on the Lambo i though 'That's a pain in the ****.' It's bad enough on a car like a Lamborghini, which probably gets driven once or twice a month. But my Corvette is pretty much a daily driver, and having to flip that little thing out of the way every time I start the car is going to be real annoying, real fast. It's not like that's the switch to arm the heat-seeking missiles, which you don't want to do accidently.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Knowing GM, if there is a Lamborghini like cover to the starter switch, it would have been tested for ease of use by having lots of their non-car staff flip it, from folks with short fingers, to those with long ones, to see how it feels. Then perhaps through 3D printing process, made 25 different versions to test if its is a super quick a process to both flip it and then start the car.

I am therefore going to wait and see if its functionality meets my personal use test (not a getaway driver for a bank robbery crew). I will then decide it is okay and it great looks makes it a feature I love, or conversley it is a pain in the *** that although it looks cool, is one I would prefer to do without.

If the starter cover even exists, in my opinion is a the jury has yet to takes its first vote.
      Last edited by Shadow; 12-08-2018, 03:00 PM.
      Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Great work FVS!!! I look forward to your drawings!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
          Knowing GM, if there is a Lamborghini like cover to the starter switch, it would have been tested for ease of use by having lots of their non-car staff flip it, from folks with short fingers, to those with long ones, to see how it feels. Then perhaps through 3D printing process, made 25 different versions to test if its is a super quick a process to both flip it and then start the car.
          Hmm, like the trunk release button on the C7 that tall drivers hit with their knee, popping open the trunk by accident? And the cupholders that do a better job of spilling your cup than holding it? Sorry, but I"m just not as confident that GM will make the decision based on practicality and ease of use, rather than style.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I love that the center console is slanted toward the driver. Yet, it is still passenger visible. Thanks fvs for rendering that way, the way that ZERV02 said it is.

Comment

here is an updated interior with revised trackpad more like what was described...

At least something to grip onto when hitting 88.8 mph toward the future!

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 interior 8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	18846

Comment

For those who were/are unaware, “how does a car trackpad work?” I sure at hell did not know, so here is a two minute video of at least how M-B’s works.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Guessing however that it might more probably mimic the TouchPad on the new CT6:

IF so, how nice it would be to no longer have fingers on the infotainment screen, for we all know how ugly fingerprints look on it in certain lights/angles.
                  Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Thank you FVS. I always appreciate your work. Getting to look better and better. With today’s change, more and more functional too.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you FVS.
                      Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Looks cool,,,im sure the interior of the c8 will be cool...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X