MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

ME Key Fob Leaked With New Logo!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sure would think that if the C8 was going to be revealed next month in Detroit, we would heard more deliberate tease buzz by now. I too am not thinking it will be NAIAS.

Comment

Do you guys think that there won’t be any teasing at all? Maybe GM will just surprise everyone and reveal it suddenly at Detroit?

Comment

That is the $1,000,000 question. According to the majority, here is our current, collective opinion:

Click image for larger version  Name:	606E576E-D79D-496F-95BD-6CB67EBDE630.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	333.8 KB ID:	17629
        Last edited by John; 12-01-2018, 03:57 PM.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Being in the minority, I think no ME at NAIAS, but I am torn as to whether we even get there a pre-later-reveal tease announcement of more.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Been thinking about this overnight, and as the emblem has already been leaked on the key fob, what if, at GM’s NAIAS press conference, instead of massive void of GM presenting nothing, they instead get Tadge out there and have him show us the C8 equivalent of the below picture taken by Keith Cornett on October 19, 2012 at Laguna Seca.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1305A737-DC13-4134-81C7-9A3BF160FBE7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	463.1 KB ID:	17733

With Tadge just saying the following very few words, then walking off stage and not taking a single question...

This is the emblem of the next generation Corvette which we will be revealing at X location and y date.”

And then having in the audience, many GM staffers handing out, smaller 1 1/2” X 1 1/2” versions of that exact emblem. Can you imagine how fast that would travel around, not just in automedia, but on the national news? And how soon, the first of those emblems would be on eBay.

And then say a month or two later, GM on its teaser-video-channel, just makes the announcement that “we gave us exactly the number of emblems at NAIAS as there is horsepower for the next Corvette.”

How we all would scramble to try and figure out how many emblems were given out at NAIAS.
            Last edited by John; 12-02-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Some STILL INSIST it's a CADILLAC!!!!!! I just don't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Been thinking about this overnight, and as the emblem has already been leaked on the key fob, what if, at GM’s NAIAS press conference, instead of massive void of GM presenting nothing, they instead get Tadge out there and have him show us the C8 equivalent of the below picture taken by Keith Cornett on October 19, 2012 at Laguna Seca.

Click image for larger version Name:	1305A737-DC13-4134-81C7-9A3BF160FBE7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	463.1 KB ID:	17733

With Tadge just saying the following very few words, then walking off stage and not taking a single question...

This is the emblem of the next generation Corvette which we will be revealing at X location and y date.”

And then having in the audience, many GM staffers handing out, smaller 1 1/2” X 1 1/2” versions of that exact emblem. Can you imagine how fast that would travel around, not just in automedia, but on the national news? And how soon, the first of those emblems would be on eBay.

And then say a month or two later, GM on its teaser-video-channel, just makes the announcement that “we gave us exactly the number of emblems at NAIAS as there is horsepower for the next Corvette.”

How we all would scramble to try and figure out how many emblems were given out at NAIAS.
                I agree!! or some silhouette pictures anything!! haha

Comment

We sure hope to learn something soon!

Comment

Anything please GM.

Comment

So are you thinking we’ll get a reveal by NY with or without any type of previous announcement or just no hint as to reveal timing.
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

​​​​​​???

The internal GM marketing team who is now heading up Chevrolet is totally different from the team who was in charge for the C7’s pre-reveal process. We are totally in the dark as to what and when they are planning, with all of us watching one event after another go by with no news. Hoopefuly something would be shared at Detroit next month, though I personally doubt it would be the car itself.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          ​​​​​​???

The internal GM marketing team who is now heading up Chevrolet is totally different from the team who was in charge for the C7’s pre-reveal process. We are totally in the dark as to what and when they are planning, with all of us watching one event after another go by with no news. Hoopefuly something would be shared at Detroit next month, though I personally doubt it would be the car itself.
                          well with this being a new crew for chevrolet, I’m hoping they can top the amazing teasing that the c7 team did, because the dark, menacing, quick 30 second videos they teased for c7 was awesome. Even if at NAIAS they show a teaser video and end fade to a c8 logo with menacing font/smoke and have JUST THE TAIL LIGHTS lit up I would be more than satisfied!!!!

Comment

Although I do think it will be a New York reveal, decades of tradition have me thinking they may drop the bomb in Detroit.

Comment

We all hope you are right for that would be wonderful, well all the way to arriving in Detroit to a 25” blizzard and a wind chill of -15 degrees. I have lived in Detroit for the second coldest winter in its history, and let’s just say, it can be a touch unpleasant in mid-January.

I do remember trying to leave Detroit after one of the C7 reveals and after they de-iced our plane the second time, it was not a friendly feeling, and then instead of heading west to where I live, they announced they were going to Charlottesville first since we were so delayed. HUH?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X