MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

ACS Composite’s Wonderful 2021+ Z06 Rendering! FVS’ Hood Drawing Update! C8.R Sebring Night Testing Video!

2 of 4 < >

New C8 ME Proposals By “unlimitedPower”! FVS’ Latest Interior Render! Bdsvavars ME GIF Video Rendering!

3 of 4 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally Or Locally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? duckvett’s Photo of the Day Winner

4 of 4 < >

Buying Your C8 Nationally? Contrasting C8 Scoop Trim? MikeC8 Wins Today’s “Photo of the Day Award”

See more
See less

Excitingly, One Year Ago Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excitingly, One Year Ago Today

The “jump shift” in our thoughts and discussions about the mid engine Corvete were confirmed and truly started in earnest one year ago today, on October 11, 2017. Credit for pointing this out goes to Keith Cornett of CorvetteBlogger.

Let’s take an exciting trip down each of our memories, and re-experience this second-hand visit to McDonalds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F1F1D1F3-BAF6-4A7A-AC07-DD552DE2721C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	356.6 KB ID:	12388

Click image for larger version  Name:	30F0FA5B-8612-4916-BF6E-CDC161F454ED.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	12389

Click image for larger version  Name:	1B2C01F1-6CB6-47F3-828F-87D07123BF8A.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	12390
    Last edited by John; 10-11-2018, 03:14 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Before that many of us thought, well they are working on a mid-engine concept that might someday appear.

​​​​But when we saw this, we KNEW, after six decades of many of waiting, the MID ENGINE CORVETTE WILL BE A REALITY IN NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF YEARS!!!

​​​​

I do not know why, but when I first saw these pictures last year, this song is what popped in my heart, and still does at times when thinking about this wonderful, magical day of October 11, 2017.

“Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”

It was twenty years ago today
    Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
    They've been going in and out of style
    But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
    So may I introduce to you
    The act you've known for all these years
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    We hope you will enjoy the show
    We're Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Sit back and let the evening go
    Sgt. Pepper's lonely, Sgt. Pepper's lonely
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    It's wonderful to be here
    It's certainly a thrill
    You're such a lovely audience
    We'd like to take you home with us
    We'd love to take you home

I don't really want to stop the show
    But I thought that you might like to know
    That the singer's going to sing a song
    And he wants you all to sing along
    So let me introduce to you
    The one and only Billy Shears
    And Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Thank you so much Beatles!
    Last edited by John; 10-11-2018, 03:21 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

How time flies when your having fun!
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

you would hope and think GM would have a nice "1 year anniversary" teaser lol

Comment

That would be clever and funny and smart, especially since the mid engine Corvette does not even exist according to GM.

Comment

Doesn't seem like its been that long ago when we first saw those photos. Good to realize there has been at least a year of "real world" testing that has been done so far. Bodes well for a worry free C8!

Comment

Additionally, all the testing in roughly the next six or so more months.

Comment

Those pictures sure made the mid engine real for me too. In some ways, perhaps due to my wishing for new and more info every day, seems like that was a couple of years ago.
                Looking forward to our ME arriving, hopefully late next summer.

Comment

WOW!!! Have I been searching the web for more ME news a couple times a day for a WHOLE YEAR already??? No wonder my finger tips are getting worn out. Thanks to everybody..... John, FVS and many others who have kept the fires stoked. I'm hoping that some of us will be giving our new ME the 'once over' with quick detailer about a year from now. Even more exciting will be the drives down the road that necessitated the 'once over'.

Maybe to celebrate the 'one year anniversary' of the McDonalds siting, they'll show up at my local Starbucks this afternoon with a couple well worn C8's. If so, I'm buying...…

Comment

Boy - it really is amazing it's been a year already from when those pics were taken. Geez, no wonder I'm getting so impatient. . . .

Starting to sense we're getting close. We can feel it. It's coming.

Bring it on GM !!

Comment

Corvette Corral tomorrow?

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Yesterday, today and tomrorow.

Comment

Ah yes but wouldn’t tomorrow be most likely for some word?

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                          79 coupe Silver/oyster
                          All one owner
                          Museum lifetime members

Comment

It could be tomorrow, but tomorrow is the race and all attention of the top Corvette staff, including the non-racing-directly connected ones, would probably be raced focused. As a consequence, I am not optimistic we are going to hear anything today or this entire weekend. But, we sure do not know anything for sure.

Comment

That would be a downer.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                              79 coupe Silver/oyster
                              All one owner
                              Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...