MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 11 < >

C8 TO HAVE AN ACTIVE SPOILER VERSION? 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING THANKS TO FVS... WHAT THE ME WOULD LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

ME To Have Active Spoiler Version? : https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...r-aero-spoiler

Zora First Interior Rendering By FVS: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nterior-render

ME’s Front Plate Appearance: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-appearance
2 of 11 < >

NEW “CHAZCRON” C8 SIDE RENDER... 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING THANKS TO FVS... WHAT THE ME WILL LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

New C8 Side Render by “chazcron”: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-rendering

Zora First Interior Rendering By FVS: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nterior-render

ME’s Front Plate Appearance: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-c8-appearance
3 of 11 < >

Our 1st Year Anniversary Of the First real View of the ME... 1ST ZORA INTERIOR RENDERING... WHAT THE ME WILL LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT LICENSE PLATE

One Year Ago, The Band Began To Play: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...year-ago-today

4 of 11 < >

New C8 Renders... 1st Zora Interior Rendering... What The ME Will Look Like With a Front License Plate

5 of 11 < >

Zora Interior Rendering... Latest Front Quarter ME Render... What the C8 will look like with a front plate...

6 of 11 < >

TODAY’S FVS (“FirstVetteSoon”) FRONT QUARTER RENDERING! New C8 Video and Pictures! WHAT WILL THE C8 LOOK LIKE WITH A FRONT PLATE?

7 of 11 < >

What Will Zora Look Like With A Front Plate? Why ME’s Peridocally Go Missing In Action? Really Nice ACS Composite Rendering

8 of 11 < >

What Will The C8 Look Like With A Front Plate? ME to Have Aero Curtains? Nice Rendering By ACS Composite

9 of 11 < >

Latest ME Rendering Thanks To ACS Composite! ME Interior Colors; And, Your ME With Or Without A Spoiler?

10 of 11 < >

ME Interior Colors: Will You Choose Your ME With A Spoiler?; Learning About A DCT

11 of 11 < >

Side Intake Design; New FVS Lower Side View; Learn More About Of The DCT

See more
See less

Brand New C8 Renderings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel there needs to be a vent in the hood itself and the front fenders right behind the wheel otherwise the frunk of the car is going to act like a parachute. The radiators need the air to pass through freely at speed and they are too far back to pass through that small hood lip.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I definitely like how the upper frame of the vents in the central part of the grill flow right into the winglets in the outer part of the grill. No idea if it's accurate or not, but it is very aesthetically pleasing.

As so engineered with its two, roughly 1” high air gaps on each side of the hood, this would excellently answer our longstanding question of how is air coming through the center radiator going to be vented. As rendered, it shows a great engineering solution to that question, looks terrific IMO, and simultaneously in the process, its configuration would avoid front end lift.
      It might help front end lift, but unless the airflow through the radiator is very weird I don't see it helping with cooling. The radiator is likely to be behind the trailing edge of the fascia (if it's anything like the C7 design), so air exiting it would have a tortuous path back to those supposed vents.
      Last edited by meyerweb; 10-09-2018, 08:30 PM.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Do we have confirmation that the center "section" in the front is open and has a radiator behind it? (I'm not talking about the actual front fascia part. The center area clearly has a cutout, at least based on the paint shop pic.) The CADs show radiators behind the side openings, and we have confirmed sightings of a way for that air to exit within the front wheel wells. However, I haven't seen any concrete evidence yet that indicates there's a centrally-located radiator in this C8 configuration like the C7 ZR1. Could that area not just simply be closed off with a panel as part of the design? I know the latest camo cars have what look like front brake cooling ducts on the edges of the center section, but what about the rest of it? Wouldn't they have exposed that entire area for the Nürburgring testing if there's really a radiator behind it? Even the camo'd ZR1s had all three areas opened. ?
        1999 Coupe - Black
        2002 Coupe - Millennium Yellow
        2008 Jaguar XKR - Liquid Silver

Comment

Darn good question! Good deductive reasoning Manta Ray ! Maybe with the two front side radiators and the monster scoop on the rear quarters, that is all they would need for the 2020 entry version.

Separately, does anyone know of other exotics over 600 HP that also have a center radiator? My thinking is that perhaps if they do, that we could see that center section on the 2021 and later Z06+ ME’s might have a center one and exit that air though a hood duct or similar?

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            We have a brand new set of front, side and rear mid engine C8 renderings. Credit and thanks is solely and properly attributed do to our colleague Corvetteforum (as cited/linked below). Overall, this set of renderings has some excellent visual appearances! Lots of attractiveness to many of its aspects.

Click image for larger version Name:	D66DD675-F584-473D-8E30-2EB748095ED0.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	12161

One of the things most intriguing to me is the hood’s front edge’s “downward insets” in the outer 1/3 of each side of the hood — where the hood "meets” the front fascia. However, in those areas, it truly does not meet the fascia, instead appearing as if there is a 1” vertical gap in height at that juncture, i.e., if one were looking from inside the car, it would have an upward “1 gap or lift” in the outer 1/3 of the hood’s front edge as the hood “jumps up” meets the front fascia. One other thought about the hood, is that is totally echoes c7pimp’s observation that the hood is polarizing and that he really liked that about it. I totally agree that in that rendering, it is polarizing and breathtaking in a really good way!

As so engineered with its two, roughly 1” high air gaps on each side of the hood, this would excellently answer our longstanding question of how is air coming through the center radiator going to be vented. As rendered, it shows a great engineering solution to that question, looks terrific IMO, and simultaneously in the process, its configuration would avoid front end lift. It is similar in execution as Porsche does on some of its models, yet very, very much more attractive visually. As noted one dealer who spoke about its appearance at April's dealer meeting, the front fascia echoes what we have oft heard, that it echoes the ZR1. That makes sense, in that the ZR1 includes the latest aerodynamic testing/advancements in a GM production Corvette.

Click image for larger version Name:	5B914CC7-08F7-411F-912E-CAABA29BF149.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.5 KB ID:	12162

The side view has some similarly attractive features. I especially like the curvature of the rear render and the shape of little window behind the “B” pillar, However, there is no continuity of lines between the rear scoop and that small window; in fact discontinuity better describes that key visual juncture. IMO, i.e., those two together are “disjunctive”; do not flow; and,would not be allowed by GM design (remembering a comment made by GM’s VP of Design Ed Welburn re some C7 renderings, in which he said that they would not have been permitted by the GM design team). As we have confirmed the shape of the window as rendered above to be accurate from the many spy pictures we have seen, it leads me to conclude that the shape of the scoop is not accurate.

But then again, looking overall at the side of the car, my lasting impression is that it is very good looking, and I am again drawn to the beauty of the rear fender line!

Click image for larger version Name:	8ECCBABD-56A0-4611-96AF-12F0EB3448CB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	12163

As to the rear of the car, many others’ have negatively commented that it looks blocky, and some have made much more, extremely-negative comments about it, but in keeping with our forum’s guidelines that it is sometimes best to say nothing at all, that is what I will say about the overall rear rendering. Judge for yourself!

The one exception to that is my comment that the the tail lights looks as if they were taken directly from the Camaro. Their lack of three-dimensionality, conflicts greatly with the comments and the schematic drawn by c7pimp,

Click image for larger version Name:	taillights.jpg Views:	1 Size:	216.7 KB ID:	12164

In short, IMO those tail lights will not either fit with the car’s “front 2/3’s elegance,” nor will be see them on the 2020 Corvette. I am not re-living the tail light controversy of the C7’s not be round, just saying that just as the GM design team created C7 tail lights that excellently fitted that Corvette generation, and that same design team will similarly create, very-different C8 tail lights that will also elegantly fit with the C8’s design theme.
            https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...us-captivated/[/QUOTE]

Okay so I took an already amazingly good render and turned it up a notch using a paint app on my phone. First of all removed the 2019 camaro taillights that it shouldnt have being this is a corvette not a camaro.
            second got rid of that ugly spoiler as well. makes the rear end not look as "swoopy"
            let me know what you think.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much xXColorShiftXx. Nice work, and it deserves being seen full sized. Hope you do not mind I gave us our first silver render.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FD8EFC4-E1A2-4CBA-B660-E720AF06E285.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	12383

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Very good improvements. I will say that since day one (we are now on day three), I have not fallen more in love with the thick, industrial looking webs on the fascia as depicted by its original source Corvetteforum. I have since confirmed that they are not accurate, and they have forgotten what we know the final car will have, as in this picture taken within BGA exactly one year ago.

Name:	D09BFB6E-AFF2-4839-8799-26886DE31FC6.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	12386
                Last edited by John; 10-11-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

^^^That rear fascia in red from the plant, looks a lot better than the render. Not knocking the skillz of the renderer, as I certainly have none, and he obviously is very good at it, but fortunate for us, the stern of the render will not be what we'll be getting.

Comment

The more i look at the gray rendering, the more I am thinking it suffers from front end hood bloat. Compare it with the more accurate FVS rendering.

Name:	4476D7E1-D148-46D2-9300-04F1FE068873.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	12508

Name:	9CF80FBC-794C-4BD0-8D58-01C9A498900B.jpeg
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	12509

Comment

The FVS rendering is also additionally correct in two other ways, i.e., the hood V does comes all the way forward to a point (not stopping, being cut off, at the front fascia), and the hood is not insert lower vertically at the front fascia joint — nor at the sides.

FVS’ work comes from intensive CAD and 100+ spy picture analysis, and where IMO the gray hood render is nice to look at, the gray render does not accurate portend the car we will be seeing at the reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                        I feel there needs to be a vent in the hood itself and the front fenders right behind the wheel otherwise the frunk of the car is going to act like a parachute. The radiators need the air to pass through freely at speed and they are too far back to pass through that small hood lip.
                        Not sure I agree that a hood lip exit wouldn't work. Its more a packaging decision than an aero decision. If this one is a "bottom breather" like some Vettes of yore, than the radiator is mounted horizontally with the inlet underneath the car and the exit on the topside. The hood lip is as good a place as any and having aft-facing exits provides a low static pressure to pull air through the radiator(s). this may explain the closed center section. The left and right inlets may for brake coolers, with venting through the (largely open) wheels themselves.

Comment

The big advantage of the lip exits is that they do not take away "frunk" volume, but could be quite effective and, if they span the whole front clip - provide lots of exit area with low drag.

Comment

Lots of wheel liner exit ducting shown below.

Other options in addition to lip exists: Aince it is my belief that the hood on the 2020 entry version has no ducts (though conversely I believe the 2021 HP version will have them), additional options include air tubes from the front fascia going around the frunk and exiting in the gap between the bottom of the hood and the top of windshield cowl — at the outside cowl corners, and separately, a novel idea someone smart here proposed, have the outside areas of the hood be double-layered for air passage (secondarily giving some hood rigidity), with again having the rear terminus of those within-hood ducts be on the hood’s outside corners.

Name:	A2478F6B-B9C4-4DBA-973F-8162343B252B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	12518

Comment

Getting closer! Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 Corv.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	12530

Comment

I like the lip exit idea, but I don't see any evidence of it in the Nurburgring gas station photos. The "frunk" lid looks flush with the front clip. Their do not appear to be any vent exits on the trunk lid itself, either. Could be all the air comes out the wheel wells, or exits in front of the windshield, although that is a high static pressure region due to the windshield slope. 'Tis a mystery.....

Attached Files

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X