Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

2020 MotorTrend Person of the Year: Who’s the Biggest Player in the Auto Industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 MotorTrend Person of the Year: Who’s the Biggest Player in the Auto Industry?

Tadge is rated # 4 out of the entire auto industry.

Originally posted by MotorTrend

Click image for larger version  Name:	C0E66DF2-72F7-46B7-83F6-0175B11856D3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	91395

4. Engineer: Tadge Juechter

Corvette Chief Engineer, General Motors
    2019 Rank: Unranked

Click image for larger version  Name:	C927CF02-52C8-494B-B1A0-D1CAB534AFD6.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	91396

"Juechter was able to squeeze the final dollops of power out of the C7 Corvette and then create a whole new beast: the long-awaited C8 with a mid-engine to increase power and performance. Despite all the tech, he engineered an affordable everyman's supercar: 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds for $60,000."
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...20-power-list/

Giving # 5 to the new Nissan design chief before he's actually accomplished anything there seems a bit of a reach. And I think the jury is still WAY out on Hacket at Ford. Other than that, might quibble about the order of some of the people (Ford's president ahead of Mary Barra?) but a good list.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I would like to be friends with Tadge..

Comment

Originally posted by Tbob View Post
        I would like to be friends with Tadge..
        John introduced me to Tadge and Harlan at the NCM 25th anniversary.

Tadge is readily available to chat with, if you go to these types of Corvette events.
        Upcoming Vette:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

John introduced me to Tadge and Harlan at the NCM 25th anniversary.

Tadge is readily available to chat with, if you go to these types of Corvette events.
          I noticed that Tadge was very approachable at Carlisle. Definitely seems the right guy for the Corvette.

Comment

I’d buy a corvette from Tadge and that’s is high praise.

Comment

Tadge is a bold engineer, has an intense passion to help lead a team to the best possible Corvette while staying true to what we customers’ as a whole want — though sometimes we customers lag a little behind his thinking and his team’s solutions.. He has courage. He is super smart, not just himself, but by his selecting and allowing his team to excel in this own areas of expertise. He will happy engage with and listen to every suggestion, from every member of the Corvette team, that advances/improves our Corvettes.

On a personal level, and I met him for the first time roughly 15 years ago, he has evolved from his chosen “totally behind the scenes engineer” self (when Dave Hill was the Executive Chief Engineer and he was Dave’s assistant) to now being Corvette’s “highly-visible team leader.” He would wish that all truly stopped asking questions about potential future products.

He shares some of his personal thoughts and feelings with few. I have been very fortunate (do not know why) to on rare occasions being one of those folks. As he is a very private person, I will only share one thing about that side of him, that if he had his way he would never be at the front of a room making a presentation, for the limelight is the farthest place he wishes to be. If we think of Tadge in his “happy place,” it is in a Corvette lab discussing with a small number of his staff, some upcoming engineering issue needing a creative solution, and toward that end, today he might be meeting with his aero and suspension leaders collaboratively working though how ZORA’s active suspension is going to work at highway speeds.

We are so fortunate that Tadge as Corvette’s Executive Chief Engineer!

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Well deserved honor Tadge. We thank you for your leadership of the Corvette team. Good guy; great leader!

Comment

Tadge, nice and well deserved recognition you have gotten. You and your team ROCK. Thanks for creating a fantastic C8 for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Tadge is a bold engineer, has an intense passion to help lead a team to the best possible Corvette while staying true to what we customers’ as a whole want — though sometimes we customers lag a little behind his thinking and his team’s solutions.. He has courage. He is super smart, not just himself, but by his selecting and allowing his team to excel in this own areas of expertise. He will happy engage with and listen to every suggestion, from every member of the Corvette team, that advances/improves our Corvettes.

On a personal level, and I met him for the first time roughly 15 years ago, he has evolved from his chosen “totally behind the scenes engineer” self (when Dave Hill was the Executive Chief Engineer and he was Dave’s assistant) to now being Corvette’s “highly-visible team leader.” He would wish that all truly stopped asking questions about potential future products.

He shares some of his personal thoughts and feelings with few. I have been very fortunate (do not know why) to on rare occasions being one of those folks. As he is a very private person, I will only share one thing about that side of him, that if he had his way he would never be at the front of a room making a presentation, for the limelight is the farthest place he wishes to be. If we think of Tadge in his “happy place,” it is in a Corvette lab discussing with a small number of his staff, some upcoming engineering issue needing a creative solution, and toward that end, today he might be meeting with his aero and suspension leaders collaboratively working though how ZORA’s active suspension is going to work at highway speeds.

We are so fortunate that Tadge as Corvette’s Executive Chief Engineer!

Tadge’s email response to me:

I had emailed Tadge earlier today commending his well deserved recognition, and specifically sharing this part of my above post, “he is a very private person, I will only share one thing about that side of him, that if he had his way he would never be at the front of a room making a presentation, for the limelight is the farthest place he wishes to be. If we think of Tadge in his “happy place,” it is in a Corvette lab discussing with a small number of his staff, some upcoming engineering issue needing a creative solution, and toward that end, today he might be meeting with his aero and suspension leaders collaboratively working though how ZORA’s active suspension is going to work at highway speeds.”

Part of his response, of course not providing any specifics as to what he was or was not working on, was:

Thank you and very accurate. I was happier this afternoon dissecting some technical issues with the team than I was wine’ing and dining with some earlier.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Tadge - You have boldly gone where no man has and produced a reasonably priced supercar ! Many Thanks
                      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Tadge role as the executive chief engineer for the Corvette is almost an impossible job. But some how he has managed to pull it off. His recent accomplishment is the C8. Need I say anymore. Congrats on crafting a masterpiece at a amazing price. As Jay Leno said you have the best job on the planet and have performed brilliantly. Congrats again.
                        Last edited by MikeC8; 11-24-2019, 08:01 AM.
                        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3000 TPW 2/24

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X