MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Porsche forum c8 thread 2700 replies..check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy K View Post
    How about the concept of keeping your hard earned $$$ in the USA and buying American made thunder ?
    That patriotic statement made me think of this meme:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4f38e5ab576074123c41a2c903dc3fb71cf3a6ffa843a21e53cb21b553c7b214.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	113726

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Originally posted by bennettspring View Post
    Pick up at museum in March, Black, with Black 3lt. $85k sticker, went nuts, with wife's help. Can't wait. First vette since 1968.
    Have had a couple of porsches
    Both great iconic brands...congratulations and welcome back ..

the black c8 is pretty menacing looking!

Glad you and your wife had fun gojng wild picking options!

Leave a comment:

• bennettspring
    replied
    Pick up at museum in March, Black, with Black 3lt. $85k sticker, went nuts, with wife's help. Can't wait. First vette since 1968.
    Have had a couple of porsches

Leave a comment:

• pfbz
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    ...the difference in maintenance needed over time would annoy me. Im so spoiled with basically changing the oil, adding gas and every 20k miles tires that I really decided the beautiful german car is not for me....

as a daily driver I was hearing to expect 1500 a year as normal maintenance ...im not going to argue with the salesman (of course he was trying to sell a maintenance plan) but he pushed so hard on that point he lost the sale...
    I'm a serial Porsche owner (currently a 911 Turbo) and current C8 waiter (hoping for April allocation).

The ownership cost of my Porsche's has been incredibly reasonable. Sure, there are occasionally items that are pricey with no real alternatives, but in general, mine have been 1) easy and enjoyable to work on myself, and 2) readily available parts at very reasonable prices.

Additionally, the newer 911s are extremely robust with very few common issues or problems. Porsche also offers one of the best 'certified pre-owned' warranties in the business. 2 years from purchase date (or two year extension if sill under the factory 4-year warranty) with unlimited mileage.

There is also great sources for both OE and OEM parts at nice discounts as well as occasional aftermarket alternatives that give even better price performance.

eg: If I brought my Turbo to the dealer and said do all four corners, new rotors, new pads, fluid flush, I'd probably be looking at about $3,500 with OE parts and labor, But I can get four Zimmerman rotors and OEM Textar pads for ~$800 and install it myself in an hour or so.

So expensive to service? Sure if you go the $3,500 dealership route.

Super reasonable to service? Yup, same car.... With top quality parts and your own labor or through an independent shop.

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Porsches are awesome and like Frank i looked into a 718 cayman as he loves his.

the difference in maintenance needed over time would annoy me. Im so spoiled with basically changing the oil, adding gas and every 20k miles tires that I really decided the beautiful german car is not for me....

as a daily driver I was hearing to expect 1500 a year as normal maintenance ...im not going to argue with the salesman (of course he was trying to sell a maintenance plan) but he pushed so hard on that point he lost the sale...

it would have been a quick one for me but i just decided to not even bother but for those looking the 718 cayman and boxsters are extremely attractively priced these days.

the four cylinder although faster somehow doesnt sound like a six cylinder and its turning off porsche fanatics..

for those looking for a smoking deal in a couple of years it will be 718s...they are expected to be depreciating hard over 5 years and can easily or supposedly can be tuned to 400 hp ...

nice little 400 hp rear mid engine sports car in the 30s...and the porsche people barely drive their sports cars as well.

im excited to get the c8 z51 fe4 in torch red and decided to stay the path and pick one up sooner rather than later...but with the strike I did look and mostly because Franks silver cayman looks and photographs so well.

well dome Frank and thanks for sharing both here and on rennlist...

rennlist is a great site....the porsches are amazing sports cars...

still the new c8 is my choice for me. Any porsche owner who seems adult enough to me when we meet is welcome to take a drive in my c8 for fun.

i love varying perspectives...and great conversation.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Porsche forum C8 poll results:

Thanks for pointing out this Porsche forum’s 2700 replies to their C8 thread. While I read it’s first page, sure do not have time to read the rest. However, the following polepart of it I found.

I has talked with Mike Furman @ Criswell about six month ago, asking him if he had any brand conquests in his C8 ordering list. He responded that he has several Porsche owners, three Ferrari owners, two McLaren owners, one Lambo owner, two top AMG Mercedes owners, and 1 Maserati owner. He noted that he never asks, that such info is volunteered by some of his C8 buyers. Wonder what the numbers would if all of this C8 customers shared their current cars. I personally know one of those Ferrari owners who is a MECF founding member.

Click image for larger version

Name:	82BCFF29-9F61-4D16-B9FD-82023804865E.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	112094

Leave a comment:

• SheepDog
    replied
    C8 Conquest: If the C8 works, then it will draw people out of the trucks and back to sports cars generally. Most of these trucks will never experience a load of mulch. They are high seat sports vehicles . Can Porsche, C8, Ferrari etc bring these people back.

Most of the sports cars are so high priced that they are self defeating. Affordable Corvette has to bring reason the the sports car market and make it attractive and affordable. Otherwise Corvette and Porsche are just fighting over a shrinking market sharer.

A fight to the bottom of the barrel of market share .

NSX cost a fortune. But not enough storage to carry a check book.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 02-12-2020, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Andy K
    replied
    How about the concept of keeping your hard earned $$$ in the USA and buying American made thunder ?

Leave a comment:

• DavidM
    replied
    Interesting that they consider multi-millionaire business Owners rednecks in mid-life crisis. I bought my first 2 Corvettes while I was in college. They were both paid for before I graduated. I have owned, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari cars. Corvettes go through a life cycle of value. Anyone that studies the market would know that. Look at what 74-77 Corvettes are going for compared to 84-86 Corvettes. Not bashing any other brands but to me the Porsche has a very vanilla interior compared to Maserati, Aston Martin or yes, even the lowly Corvette. My last Porsche was a CaymanS. First Porsche was a 928. Pretty sporty car, fun to drive but not any kind of world beater. Several others in between. I will likely own another at some point. I off road in either one of my H1 Hummers or my Scorpion. Last trip to Moab we had FJ Cruisers, Raptors, Jeeps and Hummers. I don't know anyone that is into the brand superiority BS anymore.
    It was good to see that so many on that forum were open minded to other cars. Seems like I would fit in that group just fine. ( well except for that redneck midlife crisis thing

Ps: I do own a farm, tractors, trailers, trucks, etc but I am not really a redneck...well mostly not.

Leave a comment:

• Tomthumb
    replied
    The Porsche is a well engineered beautiful over priced sports car. I have owned 11 of them over the years. I still have an 89 911 coupe, but the new Corvette is such a great value. Looking forward to my 27th Corvette a C8
    2 LT well equipped for 72,400. I priced the new 911 base with just a few options it was well over 120k even with the depreciation hit I’ll take when I sell my C8 for a used C8 Z06 the Corvette is a bargain!

Leave a comment:

• ABorC
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    The C7 was also a completely new car. So was the c5,and the C4. What makes this less a Corvette than the C7? Because the engine moved? How far does it have to move to not be a Corvette? At some point, it went from being completely front engined to a front mid-engine.

The first Corvettes were all convertibles. Did a fixed roof make it less a Corvette, or did it introduce a new, improved one?

yes, because the engine moved. And it's not less or more of a Corvette, but it is a completely different car than all previous cars that were all FE/RWD, which is the foundational spec for all cars (where the engine is, and where the power wheels are )

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Great points FN in MT! Porsches are great cars. They are highly engineered. As to their shape, meh. As to their price, it is, to quote three new 911 owners I met at a Cars-and-Coffee a year ago, “Porsche pricing is out of control.” When the three of them said that (one standing next to his 7th 911, one next to his 4th, the third next to his 5th) , they thought the entry MSRP price of the C8 was going to be $85K, and they were all unaware that the 2020 Porsche 911’s pricing increased $7,000 over what they then knew. Yet all three said, “for the first time in my life, I am probably going to get a Corvette but only the ME.” Two of them volunteered that they had never even been inside a Corvette, let alone gone for a ride, but they all knew that Corvettes are fast.”

Leave a comment:

• FN in MT
    replied
    Regarding the $85K they are throwing around as the cost for the C8. Someone needs to post that a nicely optioned 2LT with Z51, MRR etc is a mere $74K. Or that a bare 1LT track car would be under $70K.

I read about 30 pages over on rennlist between last night and this morning. There's certainly some anguish amongst the Porsche faithful. IF this is important to you, it would be tough to get beat at the stoplight by a $60K C8 while in your two to three times more expensive P car.

I had a 928 back in the late 80's. It was a bargain priced car from an Estate sale. I had a car Dealer buddy inform me of the sale and I bought it. Even BARGAIN priced the thing about broke me in maintenance costs. Though It was comfortable, very well appointed, fast , basically a great GT car. Had some ELECTRONIC issues on a trip that cost me just about the price of a decent NEW economy car.....sold it ASAP.

Hope the P guys don't lose too much sleep over the C8.

Leave a comment:

• LightningBolt
    replied
    Most OPs over there are favorable and welcoming of the competition. Porsche will always have its following, but they are also taking notice

Leave a comment:

• stryker1969
    replied
    911 no cayman or boxter yes

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X