MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WELCOME Sky’s The Limit Car Care As A MECF Featured Forum Vendor

We are so pleased to announce that Sky’s The Limit Car Care has joined our forum as a supporting vendor. It is a great company with superlative products, e.g., CQuartz & so many additional outstanding products @ https://www.carpro-us.com
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Porsche forum c8 thread 2700 replies..check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the concept of keeping your hard earned $$$ in the USA and buying American made thunder ?

Comment

C8 Conquest: If the C8 works, then it will draw people out of the trucks and back to sports cars generally. Most of these trucks will never experience a load of mulch. They are high seat sports vehicles . Can Porsche, C8, Ferrari etc bring these people back.

Most of the sports cars are so high priced that they are self defeating. Affordable Corvette has to bring reason the the sports car market and make it attractive and affordable. Otherwise Corvette and Porsche are just fighting over a shrinking market sharer.

A fight to the bottom of the barrel of market share .

NSX cost a fortune. But not enough storage to carry a check book.
      Last edited by SheepDog; 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Porsche forum C8 poll results:

Thanks for pointing out this Porsche forum’s 2700 replies to their C8 thread. While I read it’s first page, sure do not have time to read the rest. However, the following polepart of it I found.

I has talked with Mike Furman @ Criswell about six month ago, asking him if he had any brand conquests in his C8 ordering list. He responded that he has several Porsche owners, three Ferrari owners, two McLaren owners, one Lambo owner, two top AMG Mercedes owners, and 1 Maserati owner. He noted that he never asks, that such info is volunteered by some of his C8 buyers. Wonder what the numbers would if all of this C8 customers shared their current cars. I personally know one of those Ferrari owners who is a MECF founding member.

Click image for larger version

Name:	82BCFF29-9F61-4D16-B9FD-82023804865E.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	112094

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Porsches are awesome and like Frank i looked into a 718 cayman as he loves his.

the difference in maintenance needed over time would annoy me. Im so spoiled with basically changing the oil, adding gas and every 20k miles tires that I really decided the beautiful german car is not for me....

as a daily driver I was hearing to expect 1500 a year as normal maintenance ...im not going to argue with the salesman (of course he was trying to sell a maintenance plan) but he pushed so hard on that point he lost the sale...

it would have been a quick one for me but i just decided to not even bother but for those looking the 718 cayman and boxsters are extremely attractively priced these days.

the four cylinder although faster somehow doesnt sound like a six cylinder and its turning off porsche fanatics..

for those looking for a smoking deal in a couple of years it will be 718s...they are expected to be depreciating hard over 5 years and can easily or supposedly can be tuned to 400 hp ...

nice little 400 hp rear mid engine sports car in the 30s...and the porsche people barely drive their sports cars as well.

im excited to get the c8 z51 fe4 in torch red and decided to stay the path and pick one up sooner rather than later...but with the strike I did look and mostly because Franks silver cayman looks and photographs so well.

well dome Frank and thanks for sharing both here and on rennlist...

rennlist is a great site....the porsches are amazing sports cars...

still the new c8 is my choice for me. Any porsche owner who seems adult enough to me when we meet is welcome to take a drive in my c8 for fun.

i love varying perspectives...and great conversation.
          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            ...the difference in maintenance needed over time would annoy me. Im so spoiled with basically changing the oil, adding gas and every 20k miles tires that I really decided the beautiful german car is not for me....

as a daily driver I was hearing to expect 1500 a year as normal maintenance ...im not going to argue with the salesman (of course he was trying to sell a maintenance plan) but he pushed so hard on that point he lost the sale...
            I'm a serial Porsche owner (currently a 911 Turbo) and current C8 waiter (hoping for April allocation).

The ownership cost of my Porsche's has been incredibly reasonable. Sure, there are occasionally items that are pricey with no real alternatives, but in general, mine have been 1) easy and enjoyable to work on myself, and 2) readily available parts at very reasonable prices.

Additionally, the newer 911s are extremely robust with very few common issues or problems. Porsche also offers one of the best 'certified pre-owned' warranties in the business. 2 years from purchase date (or two year extension if sill under the factory 4-year warranty) with unlimited mileage.

There is also great sources for both OE and OEM parts at nice discounts as well as occasional aftermarket alternatives that give even better price performance.

eg: If I brought my Turbo to the dealer and said do all four corners, new rotors, new pads, fluid flush, I'd probably be looking at about $3,500 with OE parts and labor, But I can get four Zimmerman rotors and OEM Textar pads for ~$800 and install it myself in an hour or so.

So expensive to service? Sure if you go the $3,500 dealership route.

Super reasonable to service? Yup, same car.... With top quality parts and your own labor or through an independent shop.
            C8 Coupe, Blade Silver over Black, 1LT Z51 FE4 3F9 J6F

Comment

Pick up at museum in March, Black, with Black 3lt. $85k sticker, went nuts, with wife's help. Can't wait. First vette since 1968.
              Have had a couple of porsches

Comment

Originally posted by bennettspring View Post
                Pick up at museum in March, Black, with Black 3lt. $85k sticker, went nuts, with wife's help. Can't wait. First vette since 1968.
                Have had a couple of porsches
                Both great iconic brands...congratulations and welcome back ..

the black c8 is pretty menacing looking!

Glad you and your wife had fun gojng wild picking options!
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy K View Post
                  How about the concept of keeping your hard earned $$$ in the USA and buying American made thunder ?
                  That patriotic statement made me think of this meme:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	4f38e5ab576074123c41a2c903dc3fb71cf3a6ffa843a21e53cb21b553c7b214.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	113726
                  Upcoming Vette:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X