MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WELCOME Sky’s The Limit Car Care As A MECF Featured Forum Vendor

We are so pleased to announce that Sky’s The Limit Car Care has joined our forum as a supporting vendor. It is a great company with superlative products, e.g., CQuartz & so many additional outstanding products @ https://www.carpro-us.com
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Porsche forum c8 thread 2700 replies..check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche forum c8 thread 2700 replies..check it out

the question on many peoples minds are what conquest rates will be for the c8 from many well respected brands..

just a fun time to see what many diehard porsche enthusiasts think of the c8.

enjoy and feel free to come back and share insights.

one request would be respectful to members of that forum and if you want to share this forum name with some of their members might appreciate this very informative mid engine corvette forum if not dont worry about it. I think they already know.

https://rennlist.com/forums/other-ma...-corvette.html
    Last edited by JB; 10-04-2019, 09:32 AM.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Thanks for the interesting post JB
    Recently sold:
    Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Ditto. Thanks JB. Similar conversations on Ferrarichat, though some talking about using their C8 as a daily driver.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for the link JB.

As you pointed out previously, a real sign of how many conquest buyers the C8 is attracting is that poll asking if this is your first Corvette. A surprisingly large number of first-time buyers there in my opinion.

Comment

First things first Are the C8 really even a Corvette? For all purposes it could have been called the Excella, because basically its a new car with a heritage nothing more. This is why so many non-corvrtte owners are in line to get one. It presents itself as an Italian exotic at a third of the price. Who could pass this up for little more than the price of a Supra

Comment

The C7 was also a completely new car. So was the c5,and the C4. What makes this less a Corvette than the C7? Because the engine moved? How far does it have to move to not be a Corvette? At some point, it went from being completely front engined to a front mid-engine.

The first Corvettes were all convertibles. Did a fixed roof make it less a Corvette, or did it introduce a new, improved one?
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I don’t have to read the comments...anyone who still buys a base 911 or a Cayman is freakn’ crazy! 😜

Comment

Originally posted by NavySuppo View Post
                I don’t have to read the comments...anyone who still buys a base 911 or a Cayman is freakn’ crazy! 😜
                I’m with ya brother.

Comment

911 no cayman or boxter yes

Comment

Most OPs over there are favorable and welcoming of the competition. Porsche will always have its following, but they are also taking notice
                    TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

Regarding the $85K they are throwing around as the cost for the C8. Someone needs to post that a nicely optioned 2LT with Z51, MRR etc is a mere $74K. Or that a bare 1LT track car would be under $70K.

I read about 30 pages over on rennlist between last night and this morning. There's certainly some anguish amongst the Porsche faithful. IF this is important to you, it would be tough to get beat at the stoplight by a $60K C8 while in your two to three times more expensive P car.

I had a 928 back in the late 80's. It was a bargain priced car from an Estate sale. I had a car Dealer buddy inform me of the sale and I bought it. Even BARGAIN priced the thing about broke me in maintenance costs. Though It was comfortable, very well appointed, fast , basically a great GT car. Had some ELECTRONIC issues on a trip that cost me just about the price of a decent NEW economy car.....sold it ASAP.

Hope the P guys don't lose too much sleep over the C8.

Comment

Great points FN in MT! Porsches are great cars. They are highly engineered. As to their shape, meh. As to their price, it is, to quote three new 911 owners I met at a Cars-and-Coffee a year ago, “Porsche pricing is out of control.” When the three of them said that (one standing next to his 7th 911, one next to his 4th, the third next to his 5th) , they thought the entry MSRP price of the C8 was going to be $85K, and they were all unaware that the 2020 Porsche 911’s pricing increased $7,000 over what they then knew. Yet all three said, “for the first time in my life, I am probably going to get a Corvette but only the ME.” Two of them volunteered that they had never even been inside a Corvette, let alone gone for a ride, but they all knew that Corvettes are fast.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                          The C7 was also a completely new car. So was the c5,and the C4. What makes this less a Corvette than the C7? Because the engine moved? How far does it have to move to not be a Corvette? At some point, it went from being completely front engined to a front mid-engine.

The first Corvettes were all convertibles. Did a fixed roof make it less a Corvette, or did it introduce a new, improved one?

yes, because the engine moved. And it's not less or more of a Corvette, but it is a completely different car than all previous cars that were all FE/RWD, which is the foundational spec for all cars (where the engine is, and where the power wheels are )

Comment

The Porsche is a well engineered beautiful over priced sports car. I have owned 11 of them over the years. I still have an 89 911 coupe, but the new Corvette is such a great value. Looking forward to my 27th Corvette a C8
                            2 LT well equipped for 72,400. I priced the new 911 base with just a few options it was well over 120k even with the depreciation hit I’ll take when I sell my C8 for a used C8 Z06 the Corvette is a bargain!

Comment

Interesting that they consider multi-millionaire business Owners rednecks in mid-life crisis. I bought my first 2 Corvettes while I was in college. They were both paid for before I graduated. I have owned, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari cars. Corvettes go through a life cycle of value. Anyone that studies the market would know that. Look at what 74-77 Corvettes are going for compared to 84-86 Corvettes. Not bashing any other brands but to me the Porsche has a very vanilla interior compared to Maserati, Aston Martin or yes, even the lowly Corvette. My last Porsche was a CaymanS. First Porsche was a 928. Pretty sporty car, fun to drive but not any kind of world beater. Several others in between. I will likely own another at some point. I off road in either one of my H1 Hummers or my Scorpion. Last trip to Moab we had FJ Cruisers, Raptors, Jeeps and Hummers. I don't know anyone that is into the brand superiority BS anymore.
                              It was good to see that so many on that forum were open minded to other cars. Seems like I would fit in that group just fine. ( well except for that redneck midlife crisis thing

Ps: I do own a farm, tractors, trailers, trucks, etc but I am not really a redneck...well mostly not.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X